Thread: Inferno Loot.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Dunno how he managed this, in all forums people are writing that they MUST restart an area 5-6 times to get boni on the mobs which make them killable.
    Because you're just regurgitating what you read on forums and acting like a smug know it all. Forums are ALWAYS full of whiners. Game is completely doable on inferno, and while SOME champ packs are absurd, probably 75% or more are absolutely killable without cheese.
    You don't even need great gear, just highly defensive builds all around works fine, you don't need absurd dps to do it before berserks (though sometimes a pack may go berserk, if you've thinned it out that's fine just let it reset).

Deleted
    @theyanger

then tell me how do i kill them.

If a sorc with 45k dps cant kill them.

tell me. i cant kill them until all cooldowns are on CD and 1 of 10 blows comes through which instantly kills me at 45k~ life.

Just tell me. How. look at the stats in the first post and tell me. Im not stupid, i know how to play, reached inferno 2 days ago and since them i keep farming gear.

Avoid their abilities, do damage to them while doing so.

What do you want to hear? It's not rocket science, it's just HARD. I don't play a wizard, I'm not going to try and tell you how to do so.

Deleted
    @Mionelol
    Thats what i mean, im running actuall with 3 stacks of nephalem, but 90% of my trashpacks have molten/firechains/Plague or blocker.

Impossible to kill as melee since getting in they're melee range is suicide. But im guessing im just doing wrong, all the other melees are wrong too.

Act 1 is no problem for me, act 2/3 are the problem.

@theyanger
    Im a Monk, melee.you cant do dmg while you avoid enemys attacks since you have run with left click and you char stops moving if you youse any melee ability.
    And by Molten/plage/chains you have to run constantly.

EDIT:

Our barb used the specc from the video that was posted, its just stupid. he cant die anymore, no trashpacks are any problems.
    well, time to dropp my monk and play an DH.
    Last edited by mmocf7e4d66c72; 2012-05-19 at 01:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am a Barb. I can EASILY solo Act 1 inferno with no issue. I even go full dps passives, etc. I don't even use a shield anymore. I can do Act 1 in my sleep.

I have 7600 armor with a shield, and 550+ resist with or without a shield + 44k health. My damage is sitting at 17.2k without the Frenzy stacks.

Now, when I go into Act 2... I get shit on. I can kill normal packs but as soon as I try to kill a Rare group they tear through me even with my 65% damage reduction CD up. Why? Because I'm melee. Nearly everyone on Act 2 and 3 that I know are ranged... and they kite everything. Barbs cannot kite. I mean I can sprint away from mobs but then I can't do damage.

Act 1 is a joke and that is not what the OP was indicating. Hes saying that in order to do Act 2 as a melee... you need gear from Act 2+. However, we can't farm that gear since we can't move on past Act 1. The shit that drops in Act 1 just goes to a vendor 90% of the time.

16829dps. 94 resistance to all dmg sources which is the max, 25%.
    94 resistance is joke for INFERNO. With that amount of resistance you can't progress without dying repeatedly in HELL as well. You need at least 200+ for HELL to kill champion packs without dying every single little mistake you make. What you need is stacking resistance until you don't die when you press pot one second late.

People should stop crying and herp derping about melees. D2 was no different, you need good stats before clearing hell in D2 as well. If you think inferno is unplayable as melee, reroll to wizard or DH.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-05-24 at 10:19 PM.

Some set ups are UNKILLABLE. Not every pack of Elites is unkillable. I play a DH, Rendering a video currently of me taking down a pack of teleporting Nagas with other mods.

As well as morter/teleport/Fire chains/fast pack of Summoners, a rare with Morter, Horde, Fast, and teleport As well as Magdah.

Act 2 is hard. Not imposable.

(In all this i repaired from full shatter 3 times. LOL)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Susej View Post
    Some set ups are UNKILLABLE. Not every pack of Elites is unkillable. I play a DH, Rendering a video currently of me taking down a pack of teleporting Nagas with other mods.

As well as morter/teleport/Fire chains/fast pack of Summoners, a rare with Morter, Horde, Fast, and teleport As well as Magdah.

Act 2 is hard. Not imposable.

(In all this i repaired from full shatter 3 times. LOL)
    Exactly, you're a RANGED. The point is that melee are gimped and can barely do Act 2, if at all unless you outgear it.

Wait a minute. So, in Diablo2 when I teleported through Durance of Hate to get the Meph or through the World Stone Keep to get the Baal, I was exploiting the game by skipping trash? How can I.....What? And before trash is much harder in Diablo3, you forget Stygian Dolls? They were the bane of Hard Core characters. How about the wraiths in WSK that would 3 shot a full res toon in an 8 player game. I don't remember farming Meph 100 times in a night and someone saying "Whoa now, quit exploiting this. You need to clear the entire game before making a new one" But when they farm a chest it's a foul? What? The game is about farming.

Act 1 is no problem for me, act 2/3 are the problem.
    Like, Act 1 you can handle the champs/rares, but not past that? is the gear from Act 1 worth farming?

I'm not even in Inferno yet, but I play a monk, and its posts like these that scare the shit out of me. I keep telling myself it may be worth moving to something else, and use that something else to farm gear for my monk, but at the moment I'm finding monk so outrageously fun I have no interest in the other classes. I worry it won't be the case in a difficulty or so.
    Your face when the Scoundrel is Gallagher.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Exactly, you're a RANGED. The point is that melee are gimped and can barely do Act 2, if at all unless you outgear it.
    Oh my bad buddy. Yeah, you melee folk have it seriously rough =(

The best gear in the game has already been datamined and it will not stop you from getting 2 shot by everything in the later acts, except the bosses who are jokes. Inferno is a broken, untested shitpile.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    i have no trouble farming act 1 either, I'm a barb too, i can farm butcher with 5 stacks np

only ones that are annoying are the "dark berserker" dudes (or whatever their nexact name is), regardless of affixes, their 16k mace hit forces constant back and forth. oh, and also i couldn't kill a stupid Molten Plague Vortex Shield pack. this combo was totally retarded vs melee :|

my stats aren't that amazing as a barb either, i have around 50k hp 7500 armor and 5k dps

act 2 on the other hand, nowai (but it's getting better with each and every upgrade)
    Yup, it got easier for me with gear too. Im currently at 29k hp, 7.4k armor and 8k dps with 600+ resists (without shout)
    They're still hard, but I can now do Act 2 semi-decently. I think if I get a good weapon with high life on hit I'll be able to do a much better job at doing it. Act 3 is still tough but I see 'hope'
    Molten+firechain (or plague) is a bitch but I'm starting to feel a bit more 'comfortable' killing them. Still stupidly tough on melee though >.<

Pretty sure this is the way Inferno is meant to be played. Progress, get stuck, get gear, progress a bit further and so forth.

The issue I had with inferno before was the fact that some classes could 'ignore' gearing to progress (They didnt totally ignore it but they have a much lower threshold, especially in balancing offensive and defensive stats.) I think they 'normalized' that to some degree with the recent patch.

EDIT: Also, with shields, be mindful of their block chance and block amount as well as their other stats. When you go for a high mitigation set up (like stacking res ) then 2~3k blocks means you block almost half of most enemies attack, which is awesome.
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2012-05-24 at 11:00 PM.

I'm in the same position as Hodenkrieg, playing a monk and you people scare me and make me want to reroll ;( what about WD, can they handle Inferno like Wizard/DH?

Buy gear from the ah. The grind to actually get all the pieces you need to drop to do well in act 2 is way to tedious if you happen to be as unlucky as me.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post

Watch this then say "its impossible".
    That guy has 5 Nephalem buffs on him and he is playing inferno solo as a Barb no less, you can also see the loot he gets when he kills the Butcher with 5 buffs on him.
    Cool story. Now link a video with a barb in INFERNO soloing a champ in ACT 2+. NOT A BOSS. A CHAMPION. Till then...get outta here with that garbage.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found the tier difference between farming hell a3/4 to be quite a jump from inferno a1/2, therefore i farm a1 inferno. Seems like hell farming tier is too low..

The jump between act 1 inferno and act 2 is pretty insane imo the wasps are crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by Redriot View Post
    Wait a minute. So, in Diablo2 when I teleported through Durance of Hate to get the Meph or through the World Stone Keep to get the Baal, I was exploiting the game by skipping trash? How can I.....What? And before trash is much harder in Diablo3, you forget Stygian Dolls? They were the bane of Hard Core characters. How about the wraiths in WSK that would 3 shot a full res toon in an 8 player game. I don't remember farming Meph 100 times in a night and someone saying "Whoa now, quit exploiting this. You need to clear the entire game before making a new one" But when they farm a chest it's a foul? What? The game is about farming.
    Bullshit isn't difficulty. D2 trash was easy, even rares with ridiculous affixes. Trash is much harder in D3. It also has more bullshit!

And also, it's got really nothing to do with exploiting. It's just, you can't skip all the hard stuff and say the game is easy. Champion/rare killing is a part of farming now, and it's a part that happens to be really damn hard for a lot of people, possibly to the point of not being worth farming.

Quote Originally Posted by lightgil View Post
    Idk why you can't kill blues and yellows.

I've killed all the way up to cathedral, (not that far I know but just reached inferno today. I was able to kill 1 group of blue mobs with my team. They had electric reflect extra hp and wall).

I got only 1 yellow but it was an amulet and its amazing with 22% mf and some other stats.
    That's why, it's probably one of the easiest combinations to get.

Try a Frozen Desecrator Mortar Shielding and come back and say that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.