Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Summer is coming.....Diablo 3 or Skyrim?

This summer I'm looking to play something while waiting for ACIII,

I have not played either series and have little experience playing both genres

If you had to choose one over the other, which would you pick?

Yes.

No need to pick between them, the answer is 'yes'.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would personally pick Diablo 3, and if you're going for longevity, i would also say Diablo 3.

Personally I would say neither.

diablo 3 is multiplayer so that adds a lot of value.
    d3 = killing bunches of monsters for loot over and over again. no real immersion or anything
    skyrim = still kill similar monsters but you don't farm them over and over again forever. lots of immersion. large open world to play around in and do stuff

Personally, both of them.

If you have a lot of friends playing D3 right now, you might want to pick up that one first and see how you feel about Skyrim later.

If you don't have a bunch of friends playing D3 or you prefer more single-player experience (D3 is a lot more fun with more than one person, imo), then play Skyrim.

Both are equally fantastic games.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's summer that means swimming and be out in the sun, i thought winter was video game season.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Ned Stark would say otherwise to 'Summer is coming'.

OT: I'd say Skyrim, despite both being amazing games. It has more content and challenge to it. It's not as linear as Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by vazar_da_priest View Post
    This summer I'm looking to play something while waiting for ACIII,

I have not played either series and have little experience playing both genres

If you had to choose one over the other, which would you pick?
    Me personally? I'd go with the game called outside. It's really quite a good game, can get quite long, but is REALLY worth it.

Best of all, it's FREE!

I haven't played Diablo yet, but it seems like a game that I would just play now and then once I beat normal mode. I'm a big fan of TES though and you can easily get a couple hundred hours of quality game play out of it.

It pretty much comes down to whether you prefer dungeon crawlers or open world rpgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemade View Post
    Me personally? I'd go with the game called outside. It's really quite a good game, can get quite long, but is REALLY worth it.

Best of all, it's FREE!
    there is only so much to do outside when you live in the suburbs and all your friends are working, like you

Quote Originally Posted by vazar_da_priest View Post
    there is only so much to do outside when you live in the suburbs and all your friends are working, like you
    Not entirely. Go for walks/runs, exercise, go to the beach/shore/waterhole/lake and have fun. MEET new friends who AREN'T busy being adults. You know, same ole same ole.

Both. When you want good combat and loot, play D3. When you want a better world and better stories, play Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    It's summer that means swimming and be out in the sun, i thought winter was video game season.
    Not if you are really fair skinned. Those of us who are do eventually end up swimming and partaking in usual summer activities just at a much lower frequency than those who are not fair skinned. We tend stay in doors where our enemy: The Sun, cannot burn our fair skin.

I would play both. Skyrim and Diablo are just great games.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Not if you are really fair skinned. Those of us who are do eventually end up swimming and partaking in usual summer activities just at a much lower frequency than those who are not fair skinned. We tend stay in doors where our enemy: The Sun, cannot burn our fair skin.

I would play both. Skyrim and Diablo are just great games.
    I agree about Skyrim and Diablo.

To touch on the fair skinned, there is something that some bosses drop called sun block. Not to be confused with sun screen, as if you get sun screen you aren't CTC capped.

---------- Post added 2012-05-24 at 09:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    Hardly worth it if you're not interested in it. Best of all, by not playing "Real Life Exists Only Outdoors You Antisocial B*stard", my hayfever remains easy to cope with, and i'm infinitely more productive. When i do play that game, productivity just floors in 99% of cases. In the cases when it doesn't floor while playing that game, it's usually because i'm actually doing something related to not playing that game rather than "wasting time".

Personally, play with what you prefer. We can't tell you which is better. I'd play both if i was still hooked on Skyrim.
    You know, you may have a point there. I may take this summer off from the usual shenanigans, can you maybe rub yourself with a blanket and send it this way? Maybe I can contract something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt mean to offend anyone, i just thought summer was time to be out and about thats all.

D3 is cool
    skyrim is alot of fun, though i haven't touched it since D3
    Last edited by starkey; 2012-05-25 at 03:35 AM.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Try them both out in my opinion.

Outside is overrated.

Deleted
    Do whatever makes you happy.

Play games
    Go outside
    Or what i'll be doing. Both.

If you plan to buy Skyrim for the PC and have "Steam" (its free anyway, I suggest grabbing it regardless) there is usually a Summer sale (late June, Early July I think) and I bet the game will be on sale. It was on sale in December; believe it was 33% off, which is quite a big chunk for a pretty new and expensive game. Course, you will have to wait a month.