Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Demon hunter hell spec.

Yes i know there are several threads already but I am running into a problem with how I spec.

I use

Hungering arrow/devouring
    elemental arrow /tentacles
    impale/chemical burn

then

smokesceen/ling fog
    preperation/battle scar

and I just switched from bat companion to rain of veg/ beastly bombs.

Passives steadyaim/perfectionist/archery

The problem is I would like sentry and or vault.

Here are my questions.

Do you guys run with 2 hate dumps? I feel I have to have the Aoe and impale. Use to run bola shot/thunerball, but that slight delay was getting me hit on hell and I felt it would get me destroyed in inferno. Maybe just bola and impale? I dont know.

Is sentry worth it?

With vault and sentry if i drop a hate dump, how do I manage all that dicipline dropping like a rock?

The idea is to get a spec i can farm the Neph buff with without changing specs. So in essence i want the best aoe/defensive/single target without switching before I turn 60. please help.

thanks in advance.
    Last edited by digger66; 2012-05-26 at 03:40 PM.

Well, unless im doing a boss fight, i dont use sentry. for everyday mobs(and elites alike) i use this build:
    caltrops/jagged spikes
    shadow power/blood moon
    evasive fire/surge
    rain of vengeance/beastly bombs
    entangling shot/justice is served
    rapid fire/fire support

mobs dont last long at all with that build, and im lvl 54

and i use vengeance,sharpshooter, and archery for my passive
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick." -Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Elbleino View Post
    Well, unless im doing a boss fight, i dont use sentry. for everyday mobs(and elites alike) i use this build:
    caltrops/jagged spikes
    shadow power/blood moon
    evasive fire/surge
    rain of vengeance/beastly bombs
    entangling shot/justice is served
    rapid fire/fire support

mobs dont last long at all with that build, and im lvl 54

and i use vengeance,sharpshooter, and archery for my passive
    Are you using a tweo hander? because I dont feel like archery and sharpshooter synergize well with dual. I have switched to sharpshooter instead of archery with green gems and am using bola with bitter pill, the up time on smokescreen had increased . Also I cant be switching for a boss fight you will lose the buff.
    Last edited by digger66; 2012-05-26 at 04:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by digger66 View Post
    Do you guys run with 2 hate dumps? I feel I have to have the Aoe and impale. Use to run bola shot/thunerball, but that slight delay was getting me hit on hell and I felt it would get me destroyed in inferno. Maybe just bola and impale? I dont know.
    Yes, I actually did run with two hate dumps in Nightmare but at the end I switched to more utility for Hell. I have been thinking that I might have to go with two dumps in Inferno as well, because our aoe abilities like elemental arrow really aren't that good for challenging boss fights.

Quote Originally Posted by digger66 View Post
    Are you using a tweo hander? because I dont feel like archery and sharpshooter synergize well with dual. I have switched to sharpshooter instead of archery with green gems and am using bola with bitter pill, the up time on smokescreen had increased . Also I cant be switching for a boss fight you will lose the buff.
    Well, he did say he was 54, so he doesn't have the buff yet...

OT: I'm almost 59 (nearly at buff time, but been playing like I had it, so not switching skills), here is my setup:

Currently in late Act 2 Hell:
    Entangling Shot (Bounty Hunter)
    Cluster Arrow (Dazzling Arrow)
    Impale (Chemical Burn)
    Vault (Tumble)
    Sentry (Aid Station)
    Companion (Bat Companion)

Vengeance, Archery, and Grenadier for passives

My only issue with this build has been (as almost anyone, of any class, will attest to) is Minion Invulnerable elites, but that is just cause it's majorly broken, IMO. Most other champions and elites, if I got the space to work with, can easily kite.

I use entangling shot/justice is served, elemental arrow/frost arrow, smoke screen/lingering fog, preparation/battle scars, bat companion and caltrops with torturous ground. Passives are Archery, Steady Aim and Cull the Weak. It works well so far.

go to noxic dot com and look under demon hunter, it will explain the builds for each level and have usefull tips.
    p.s.: cant send you link, forum is not allowing me to until I "post a few times".

yes, i am using a 2h crossbow w/ a quiver, so, my dmg output is pretty high, especially with a starting pull of 9500 dps. the only problems i have, are, of course, invulnerable minions and wallers that shit out poison or lava. and vortex. fkn vortex.
    "Speak softly, and carry a big stick." -Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Elbleino View Post
    yes, i am using a 2h crossbow w/ a quiver, so, my dmg output is pretty high, especially with a starting pull of 9500 dps. the only problems i have, are, of course, invulnerable minions and wallers that shit out poison or lava. and vortex. fkn vortex.
    Jailer + Mortar + Waller/Vortex = GL;HF

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkobiscardi View Post
    go to noxic dot com and look under demon hunter, it will explain the builds for each level and have usefull tips.
    p.s.: cant send you link, forum is not allowing me to until I "post a few times".
    Here you go

http://www.noxxic.com/diablo3/pve/leveling/demon-hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Nice site, but when it cites "Below is listed the level-by-level build advice for Normal difficulty content as a Demon Hunter." for all the level sections, I dunno.

Nor do I see Grenades being the best Hatred generator to be using, at all. It's delayed, and got lousy range. DH's do not like being up-close-and-personal.

Edit: Not to mention, Grenades can't even hit Belial, for example (no ground under him). Seems to be almost all brute-force based.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-05-26 at 05:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Nice site, but ...
    Just to make it clear, I have no affiliation or part in that web site. I just linked because the other guy couldn't.

Nice site, but when it cites "Below is listed the level-by-level build advice for Normal difficulty content as a Demon Hunter." for all the level sections, I dunno.

Nor do I see Grenades being the best Hatred generator to be using, at all. It's delayed, and got lousy range. DH's do not like being up-close-and-personal.

Edit: Not to mention, Grenades can't even hit Belial, for example (no ground under him).
    Yeah, I used Grenades for a while with the Grenadier feat just tossing them in the general direction of stuff but I find you might as well use Entangling runed to 6 hatred. At least that's dependable and useful. Grenades are pretty fast though, even with a slow weapon it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Just to make it clear, I have no affiliation or part in that web site. I just linked because the other guy couldn't.
    Oh, I know ya don't. Just commenting on some relatively lacking points in the site as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    Yeah, I used Grenades for a while with the Grenadier feat just tossing them in the general direction of stuff but I find you might as well use Entangling runed to 6 hatred. At least that's dependable and useful. Grenades are pretty fast though, even with a slow weapon it seems.
    I wanted to try using em, but when you can't hit enemies that are further out, or that fly over open spaces... that loses points, big time.

I wanted to try using em, but when you can't hit enemies that are further out, or that fly over open spaces... that loses points, big time.
    Yeah, that's why I stopped using it. The main benefit was that the high hatred regen combined with the bat pet meant I could spam my Frost Arrow as a main attack. Only resorting to the grenades when going low. I'd throw a few in the direction of mobs but I never depended on them for damage, just hatred. I stopped using it once I got to hell though, entangling with justice is served became more useful and has almost the same effect while freeing up a passive slot.

Well, after a brief read over on www.diablofans.com in their DH forums... yeah build changed a bit.

Hungering Arrow - Devouring Arrow
    Elemental Arrow - Frost Arrow (60% AoE Slow, with a shatter arrow like effect, at 170% damage... oh and costs 10 Hatred!)
    Impale - Chemical Burn (Hits for like 12k for me, DoT is another 6k over 2 seconds)
    Vault - Tumble
    Sentry - Aid Station
    Companion - Bat Companion

Vengeance, Archery, and Steady Aim

Steady Aim + Frost Arrow = Always got the +20% Damage

EDIT: Alright... just switched to Nether Tentacle, and DEAR GOD this rocks!
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2012-05-26 at 06:12 PM.

Well, after a brief read over on www.diablofans.com in their DH forums... yeah build changed a bit.

Hungering Arrow - Devouring Arrow
    Elemental Arrow - Frost Arrow (60% AoE Slow, with a shatter arrow like effect, at 170% damage... oh and costs 10 Hatred!)
    Impale - Chemical Burn (Hits for like 12k for me, DoT is another 6k over 2 seconds)
    Vault - Tumble
    Sentry - Aid Station
    Companion - Bat Companion

Vengeance, Archery, and Steady Aim

Steady Aim + Frost Arrow = Always got the +20% Damage

EDIT: Alright... just switched to Nether Tentacle, and DEAR GOD this rocks!
    Try cull the weak for another easy 15% on frost arrows. You can pretty much spam that with the bat companion.

So far decent advice, but in hell you have to have smokescreen. to many mobs can pull you in you run out od room etc. Thats my opinion anyway. Would like to know how you guys without it handle those situations.

Deleted
    I am on Inferno Act 1. Facerolled through hell, just had slight problems with Diablo untill I changed all my green gems to purple.

I have a 730dps 2h Bow with +cold damage for snare and Cull the weak passive. Get a bow from the AH with as high DPS as possible. If you get a 700+ weapon as soon as you hit 60 you will get through the rest of hell easily. Get a 400+ weapon at 59. A high DPS weapon really is the trick to DH.

LMB - Marked for death with mortal enemy
    RMB - Elemental Arrow with Nether tentacles
    1 - Smoke screen with lingering fog
    2 - preperation with battle scars
    3 - Rain of vengeance with beastly bombs
    4 - Companion Bat

Passives:

Archery
    Steady Aim
    Cull the weak (you need a +cold damage weapon for this to work, otherwise replace with sharpshooter)

Deleted
    My current setup is duo/ tripple play atm

LMB - Hungering Arrow with Cinder
    RMB - Elemental Arrow with Frost arrow
    1 - Calltrops with bait the trap (10% increased crit)
    2 - Prep. with Battle scars
    3 - Companion Bat
    4 - Shadow power Gloom

Passives
    Archery
    Steady Aim
    Cull of the weak

This has been working excellent for me.
    The only thing I really changed has been that i used to run with Fan of knives to Hell then I switched of due to NV buff!
    Also I used Thunder Bolas before Inferno.

hopefully this brings you peace