Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    60k an overkill imo...im pretty sure that only 1% of wow population or even less then 1% is very rich and has +100k gold
    I'm pretty sure you have no idea what you're talking about.

Deleted
    60k isnt much, you will make shitloads in mop. gimme dat yak!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SunbakedDuck View Post
    60k an overkill imo...im pretty sure that only 1% of wow population or even less then 1% is very rich and has +100k gold
    Just like only a small fraction of the general wow population will kill heroic Ragnaros / do raid metas etc. The mount is made for people with a lot of money, not every Joe Blogs.

I'm on probably 250kish, give or take - I don't really do anything but log in and raid these days and still make money, I think I dropped to around 170k buying mechanohogs for friends over christmas - it's not that bad a price even in this economic climate, let alone the inflation in MOP.

If you still think it's too much, then go grab another mount, there are hundreds - most of them looking better than this one. Not everything is for everyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Grand Expedition Yak is awesome. Well worth the 60k gold.

What level can I buy the Yak? I would greatly prefer for it to be of value while leveling rather than sold from an accessible-at-89 phased vendor.

Is it account wide? If one character buys it, do the others have it?

What level can I buy the Yak? I would greatly prefer for it to be of value while leveling rather than sold from an accessible-at-89 phased vendor.

You can click on the link in to the mount tooltip in the article. It requires level 40 to ride.

Deleted
    Wow mobile reforging is amazing, now that's a money sink I may put my money on, especially for classes that need same pieces of gear (like triple dps ones) but different reforges because of stat priority i.e. arcane vs fire mage will now be able to do their reforges and be ready for battle! What a relief really!

Quote Originally Posted by cnome View Post

Requires level 40 to ride, no idea if there will be requirments needed to be met before being able to buy from the vendor yet. (there isn't any on Beta as far as I'm aware) though it is bought in Kun Lai Summit.

As for being account wide, so far on Beta it doesn't seem to be, but again, maybe it's a requirment thing, or something else stopping it from being account wide yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    I haven't played WoW in awhile, but I take it that Arthas isn't supposed to be in Orgrimmar at all. Right? How the hell did that happen?
    No he is not. As he was (or is for players only having up to WotLK) archenemy of us players during Wrath of the Lich King, him appearing in Orgrimmar is some kind of bug.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, looks like I'll be spending the gold I make from leveling (plus what I saved) on mounts, even better that they will be bound to my account and will only have to buy them once.

Seeing as the daily quest cap will be upped to 50 per day or who knows even possibly removed by the time MOP ships it'll be quite easy to make even more gold along with heroics and dungeons and selling stuff from VP/JP gear in the auction house.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anybody notice the umbrella on the mount is stationary, while the rest of the mount goes up and down while moving? That looks retarded and needs to be fixed.

The Water Strider is the primary mount you'll see in BGs from now on. The Water Walking effect is an in-game advantage for a few maps. I thought they'd maybe restrict it, but I don't think they will. Shame it's so ugly ><

I'm just getting more and more excited about MoP
    Gnome Pride!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    and campfire materials.
    why this? we have not needed campfire materials in such a long time...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll definitely be grabbing this mount. Already was planning on obtaining it for my collection, but the mobile reforging is definitely nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi View Post
    Anybody notice the umbrella on the mount is stationary, while the rest of the mount goes up and down while moving? That looks retarded and needs to be fixed.
    That is because the animations are not complete.

Quote Originally Posted by Laz View Post
    why this? we have not needed campfire materials in such a long time...
    To add flavor to the vendor, I'd imagine. Just like how vendors in general sell only trash items (special vendors excluded, obviously).
    Last edited by Alayea; 2012-05-26 at 06:13 PM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilie View Post
    I'm just getting more and more excited about MoP
    Agreed. The new mounts coming in MoP are just one part of why this expansion looks to bring a fresh new angle to wow.
    The only constant is change.

A turtle mount seems so odd for a faction. One would think they'd be very slow creatures, much like the Riding Turtle and Sea Turtle. I imagine being part dragon makes all the difference in the speed the Pandaren mounts travel.

I prefer yaks as the racial mount.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes I am excited about MoP too.. And dare I say that MoP might just might redeem Blizzard for what some see as the fail that was Cataclysm..

---------- Post added 2012-05-27 at 06:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    A turtle mount seems so odd for a faction. One would think they'd be very slow creatures, much like the Riding Turtle and Sea Turtle. I imagine being part dragon makes all the difference in the speed the Pandaren mounts travel.

I prefer yaks as the racial mount.
    While yes it would be cool for the racial mount be a Yak we all know how Blizz like to come from left field with the unexpected.
    Last edited by grexly75; 2012-05-26 at 08:55 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    While yes it would be cool for the racial mount be a Yak we all know how Blizz like to come from left field with the unexpected.
    Think of it as the yaks are the racial mounts for the Pandarens that stayed in Pandaria. While the Dragon turtles are the racial mounts for the Pandarens that left Pandaria on the Wandering isles.