Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mop dungeons, low in number

Am I the only one who looked at the dungeons, and thought Wow, Wrath and TBC had more starting dungeons, and when two of them aren't even part of the mop story? seems odd to me, since there's no excuse like the remastering of old world. I just think this means less loot to choose from, less chances at loot, and getting bored of the same heroic over and over, very quickly. Thoughts? Or will more be added in those, like patches between raid patches they spoke of to add to story?

I certaintly hope we don't see a repeat of FL DS and BWD/BOT were some loot literally didn't drop like a wand for dps casters in 4.0 and the capes in DS
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2012-05-29 at 02:21 PM.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Am I the only one who looked at the dungeons, and thought Wow, Wrath and TBC had more starting dungeons, and when two of them aren't even part of the mop story? seems odd to me, since there's no excuse like the remastering of old world. I just think this means less loot to choose from, less chances at loot, and getting bored of the same heroic over and over, very quickly. Thoughts? Or will more be added in those, like patches between raid patches they spoke of to add to story?
    Well there is only so much they can do with 5 levels compared to 10. But I do think the amount they have is fine. Considering they will have Scenarios, Challenge Modes, Raids/LFR, and Heroics now.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shininglight View Post
    Well there is only so much they can do with 5 levels compared to 10. But I do think the amount they have is fine. Considering they will have Scenarios, Challenge Modes, Raids/LFR, and Heroics now.
    You have a point, I didn't consider scenarios, though the 5/10 levels thing is a moot point when they've said 5=10 more or less
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be patches, too, and those patches will no doubt contain more dungeons.

I certaintly hope we don't see a repeat of FL DS and BWD/BOT were some loot literally didn't drop like a wand for dps casters in 4.0 and the capes in DS
    When Cata first came out, there was not much more that what MoP currently has. Others were added later is separate patches!

10+ Year Old Account
    Cata had less too- 9 ship, 14 at end, compared to 11 ship with wrath and 15 end, TBCs 14 shiped and 15 end. I hope that the number

With Cata, blizz failed on a promise made at the start- to have multiple "small" raids. FL/DS both were sucky because of this, while T11 was actually pretty good. It lead to an oversaturation of the loot per boss compared to previous raids, as well as quick boredom as you fought all the bosses essentially every week on any difficulty (More bosses= less boredom, the T11 model was pretty damn good as each fight was different enough between normal and heroic.

Im hoping that blizz DOES fulfil thier promise to deliver more content more often, even if that content is smaller per patch (5.1 brings a few new scenarios, 5.2 brings a new 5 man and a new BG, 5.3 brings a new arena and a raid set, 5.4 brings more scenarios and a world pvp objective, 5.5 brings another 5 man and BG, 5.6 brings raids/scenarios, ect, finishing with 5.10 being the pre 6.0 content patch.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP starts off with the same amount of dungeons as Cata (however MoP has one extra re-make). As long as the boss fights are interesting, I suppose I'm fine with the number, considering that MoP also has much more end-game features than Cata.

15+ Year Old Account
    You will see loot exactly like that, there is no point to have certain items drop when you can just buy them with valor points, and with LFR, having a lower ilvl relic/wand/thrown drop instead of something that people could actually use would be silly. If the raid dropped everything, there'd be no use for valors points. ( I don't mind this).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    Cata had less too- 9 ship, 14 at end, compared to 11 ship with wrath and 15 end, TBCs 14 shiped and 15 end. I hope that the number

With Cata, blizz failed on a promise made at the start- to have multiple "small" raids. FL/DS both were sucky because of this, while T11 was actually pretty good. It lead to an oversaturation of the loot per boss compared to previous raids, as well as quick boredom as you fought all the bosses essentially every week on any difficulty (More bosses= less boredom, the T11 model was pretty damn good as each fight was different enough between normal and heroic.

Im hoping that blizz DOES fulfil thier promise to deliver more content more often, even if that content is smaller per patch (5.1 brings a few new scenarios, 5.2 brings a new 5 man and a new BG, 5.3 brings a new arena and a raid set, 5.4 brings more scenarios and a world pvp objective, 5.5 brings another 5 man and BG, 5.6 brings raids/scenarios, ect, finishing with 5.10 being the pre 6.0 content patch.)
    This is what they said they were going to do with new patches every 2 months, but hey.. they said Cata would have at least two raids per patch. I mean Bis doesn't matter at all anymore because hell, there's only one thing to get.

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 10:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    You will see loot exactly like that, there is no point to have certain items drop when you can just buy them with valor points, and with LFR, having a lower ilvl relic/wand/thrown drop instead of something that people could actually use would be silly. If the raid dropped everything, there'd be no use for valors points. ( I don't mind this).
    Ya, you must not play heroics, cause there's no heroic loot for vp. so those people (Not myself these days) who have 8/8 HM will have a what is it? 390 cloak

I also want to add, the point system isn't made to fill in loot, it's purpose is to help out players who suck at rolls. as blizzard has said hundreds of times. raids should drop everything, VP is in place, just if it never seems to drop.

pss. also when raids have like... 7 bosses it's gonna happen, but the wand delema in 4.0? well there was no 359 wand for sale in VP(I think i'd check but servers re down), only wand you could get was a boe, and well, sucks because boe's don't have heroic versions
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2012-05-29 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ibkc66 View Post
    There will be patches, too, and those patches will no doubt contain more dungeons.
    I think we've heard that one before...

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    MoP starts off with the same amount of dungeons as Cata (however MoP has one extra re-make). As long as the boss fights are interesting, I suppose I'm fine with the number, considering that MoP also has much more end-game features than Cata.

Actually that's not accurate. MoP has 6 new dungeons, and 4 remade dungeons, making a total of 10, not 9. Which is only 1 less then WotLK. And while WotLK had all new dungeons and no remakes, MoP will have all new Raids, unlike WotLK at launch, that only had 3 new encounters, as opposed to i think 18 new encounters in MoP.

Which means MoP > both WotLK and Cata as far as new content.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2012-05-29 at 02:46 PM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe we have what, 8 dungeons? 5 on Pandaria, 3 on the Old World?

Cata launched with 7. 5 new ones, 2 revamps.

Wrath launched with 12. 8 leveling, 4 max level (also note wrath was 10 levels, MoP and Cata are 5 levels)

So no, I'd say we are about par for the dungeon course.

---------- Post added 2012-05-29 at 09:45 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Actually that's not accurate. MoP has 6 new dungeons, and 4 remade dungeons, making a total of 10, not 9. Which is only 1 less then WotLK. And while WotLK had all new dungeons and no remakes, MoP will have all new Raids, unlike WotLK at launch, that only had 3 new encounters.
    What's the fourth?
    SM1, SM2, Scholo, ???
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post

Wrath launched with 12. 8 leveling, 4 max level (also note wrath was 10 levels, MoP and Cata are 5 levels)

What's the fourth?
    SM1, SM2, Scholo, ???
    I would like to point out, who cares about reg versions? and Blizzard has said 5=10 several times, because it takes the same ammount of time. the only valid excuse I've heard so far is scenarios, and they don't drop lootz. It was real fun struggiling for hit cap in 4.0 for locks and magi for this reason, when everything is reforged to hit, what's the point in reforging?'

^though that last bit kinda deserves a post of it's own imo
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2012-05-29 at 02:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to point out, who cares about reg versions? and Blizzard has said 5=10 several times, because it takes the same ammount of time.
    I did point out heroic versions. As the 3 old world (four possibly) dungeons and the 2 cata revamps are heroic-only.

Then you add challenge modes.

What's the fourth?
    SM1, SM2, Scholo, ???
    RFC. I highly doubt that won't also have an heroic mode attached to it along with the normal revamp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    RFC. I highly doubt that won't also have an heroic mode attached to it along with the normal revamp.
    Ah yeah, the revamp. I don't think it'll be a launch heroic. I think it was revamped to start the "Garrosh Corruption" story, then it'll return as a heroic leading up to Siege of Orgrimmar.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did point out heroic versions. As the 3 old world (four possibly) dungeons and the 2 cata revamps are heroic-only.

Then you add challenge modes.
    If I'm not mistaken challenge modes are just higher hitting mobs and a timer. and when I said who cares about reg modes I more meant, when we hit level 90.. how many levels it took won't matter, but when we see the same dungeons over and over with little loot to choose from for hitting the first raid, it's gonna be a bore fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    I don't like this. You end up with situations like we have with Heroic DS loot tables.... where there is no heroic neck, and the BiS cloak is a heroic cloak from the previous tier, Firelands.

Ah yeah, the revamp. I don't think it'll be a launch heroic. I think it was revamped to start the "Garrosh Corruption" story, then it'll return as a heroic leading up to Siege of Orgrimmar.
    I don't think so. Otherwise why not add it to a later PTR then the Beta. But even if it's not a launch, my point still stands that we're getting more launch content then we have since BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    People, nine heroics:

New: Temple of the Jade Serpent, Stormstout Brewery, Shado-pan Monastery, Gate of the Setting Sun, Siege of Niuzao Temple, Mogu'shan Palace
    Re-make: Scarlet Halls, Scarlet Monastery, Scholomance

Also it is worth noting that instead of being a way to buy gear, Valor Points are being changed as a currency to upgrade your gear until it's (if I remember correctly) slightly weaker than than the next type of gear (heroic to raid finder, raid finder to raid, raid to heroic raid, etc.)
    Last edited by SunspotAnims; 2012-05-29 at 03:05 PM.