Nephalem Valor Stacking Fast?

So last night I was farming butcher, i started in Agony 2:

Killed the first pack got 1 stack
    Second pack, 4 teleporter, killed 1 and died, went back managed to kite one off on his own and killed him- I looked and I had 3 stacks of Neph Valor. Killed the last 2 mobs and it went upto 4 stacks

So 2 packs gave me 4 stacks? Has anyone else seen this, was it to do with teleporting out of range of the other mobs within the pack)

Deleted
    Once I got 2 stacks from one pack, because I killed half of it, died, went to town, went back and killed the rest. So perhaps there is something buggy about what the game considers "one pack". Though 3 stacks from one pack seems a bit more extreme. Oh well, be happy.

Possibly a bug? I've gotten 3 stacks of it from killing a group of 3 champion mobs (the blue ones) without any delay in killing them (such as dying and killing them off separately). Will probably be fixed at some point but until then enjoy the easy stacks of NV from time to time
    Armory 7/7M 6/10M

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a pack of blues where I kited them away and killed them and got one stack but there was one guy left, I went back and killed him and got a second stack but thought that was the only way it happened.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

10+ Year Old Account
    You sure there weren't multiple separate elite packs that looked identical/similar? I've never experienced an issue (term used lightly) where i gained extra stack(s) of NV from 1 pack.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

Its a bug that happens occasionally. From what I've heard/experienced for some reason the Elites are no longer "linked" and become there own separate packs for the Buff but not for loot. Not sure if it depends on if you die/kite them etc, but considering it occurs maybe 1-3 times out of a hundred, it's not something you can count on unless you learn the exact specifics of how to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a bug to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think if you kill multiple champions on a single blow you get a stack
    for each one. At least when this happens to me, it has always been
    2 or more champs getting killed by 1 spell simultaneously.

I've had a blue pack bug out where if I killed multiple members of it simultaneously with an ability, I would get multiple stacks.
    I killed 3 out of 4 mobs in a blue pack at the same time with Overpower, and I got three stacks off it.

I havn't researched it too much as I am not there yet, but I thought you lost your stacks when you die, is this not the case? If you keep them whwn you die that is awesome and not going to be as much of a pain as I thought.

OT: hopefully I'll be 60 by this weekend and get to start trying this myself, woot woot.

It's buggy. At that outside area between the halls of agony (where you help the merchant to kill the Dalgon guy or something) there was a pack of 3 elites, and I kited them quite a distance from where they spawned. When I killed them, they dropped NO gold or loot, but it gave me 3 stacks of neph valor.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Lathais the stacks do stay through death, however changing skills will clear the stacks.
    If I weren't insane: I couldn't be so brilliant!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I havn't researched it too much as I am not there yet, but I thought you lost your stacks when you die, is this not the case? If you keep them whwn you die that is awesome and not going to be as much of a pain as I thought.

OT: hopefully I'll be 60 by this weekend and get to start trying this myself, woot woot.
    No, stacks are only lost when u change skills or leave the current game you are playing. Dying does not diminish them.