Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Putricide Soloed

(not killed by me) - http://durendil.blogspot.com/2012/01...cide-down.html
    This post has also some interesting info about the kill
    Gratz, Durendil.

Sorry if this has been already mentioned

Update

Ok, first and foremost this is a GREAT post. I actually bookmarked this page and made an account just to comment on this :P

Thanks a ton for taking the time to make this page.

Second thing is a lot of this needs to be update. Azgalor is soloable. Someone figured out a very clever way.
    (apparently I can't post the full links b/c I just made this account. Poor decision on the forums part IMO but whatever. Just tack www to the beginning of the links :P )
    youtube.com/watch?v=4VaE0yCZcFc

The twin emporers are soloable.
    youtube.com/watch?v=rqfUQjVq_aE

C'thun is supposedly soloable but I haven't researched it yet.

All of sunwell (minus the first boss due to game mechanics) is soloable. Hunters have been farming the legendary bow (myself included :P )

And to my knowledge, as of 4.3, the disengage exploit for Razorgore still works making all of BWL soloable.

Hopefully we can get an update to this post I personally am going to just go down the list and make a personal vid of each boss kill.

Again, thanks for taking the time to put this together!

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried many times to solo Kael'thas on my hunter. I am having trouble getting the 4 mini bosses after the weapons to attack the pet. Ive tried putting them on one spot and drop a explosive trap with MD and they still attack me. Are they immune to taunts or MD or something because they always attack me and I know for sure MD is up and on my pet.

Forgive me if someone has mentioned anything about this, I just checked the first couple pages looking and decided to ask.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LongClaw View Post
    I tried many times to solo Kael'thas on my hunter. I am having trouble getting the 4 mini bosses after the weapons to attack the pet. Ive tried putting them on one spot and drop a explosive trap with MD and they still attack me. Are they immune to taunts or MD or something because they always attack me and I know for sure MD is up and on my pet.

Forgive me if someone has mentioned anything about this, I just checked the first couple pages looking and decided to ask.
    Make sure your pet gets the disorientation immunity from the staff. The bosses will go for you if he gets disorientated. Also, the warrior will go for you no matter what, randomly. Just MD and hit him a few times and he'll return to your pet.

@ZeroAccend, I might do a little updating soon.. Never found the time to do it recently. Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk1F4frvQIk <-
    Hunters can actually solo all of TBC content minus Kalecgos these days. Most of Wotlk too.

If I am to update this I'll have to set off a day to do it, as I've actually been wanting to re-model the post a bit.. We'll see.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Make sure your pet gets the disorientation immunity from the staff. The bosses will go for you if he gets disorientated. Also, the warrior will go for you no matter what, randomly. Just MD and hit him a few times and he'll return to your pet.
    Thanks, I'll give it another 10+ tries when I get some time. Do I have to target my pet to give him the buff or will it go on when i use it for myself?

Quote Originally Posted by LongClaw View Post
    Thanks, I'll give it another 10+ tries when I get some time. Do I have to target my pet to give him the buff or will it go on when i use it for myself?
    It will apply to your pet when you use it to buff yourself as long as your pet is within 30 yards, your pet must also stay within 30 yards of you to maintain the buff.

A macro to use it after you equip would be something like " /use 16 ". You can put that line in front of any spell and it will not trigger a GCD in a macro.

I posted a video describing the particulars of the fight in detail on my YouTube page, as well as all of the solo'able fights in Sunwell Plateau:

YouTube.com/user/disteevnash

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    IMO that phase is much easier if you don't group them, but instead take the melee adds(first two) to far edge - near endtrance to the room.
    This leaves you with only Engineer and Mage at the start - you sic pet on mage, and misdirect engineer. Then kill mage asap - and get the two melees by pet when they start coming. Of course you should start with staff buff on both you and pet, as stated above. For me order of kills is usually Mage -> Darkener(slow one) -> Engineer -> Sanguinar after Engineer debuff runs off.
    Old Gods made me do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    IMO that phase is much easier if you don't group them, but instead take the melee adds(first two) to far edge - near endtrance to the room.
    This leaves you with only Engineer and Mage at the start - you sic pet on mage, and misdirect engineer. Then kill mage asap - and get the two melees by pet when they start coming. Of course you should start with staff buff on both you and pet, as stated above. For me order of kills is usually Mage -> Darkener(slow one) -> Engineer -> Sanguinar after Engineer debuff runs off.
    ?

Why would you kill Sanguinar last? He fears which messes up positioning. Also you're immune to the Remote Toy debuff as long as you're using the staff, so theres really no reason to not kill the engineer last. You'll want to use the staff in the later phases to avoid getting disorientated either way.

Personally I find grouping them easier as I just AoE them down. But each to their own!
    Hi

Anyone think a MoP hunter, lvl 90 with new talents and such, will be able to solo ZG heroic for the mounts? The panther and raptor bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by avilia View Post
    Anyone think a MoP hunter, lvl 90 with new talents and such, will be able to solo ZG heroic for the mounts? The panther and raptor bosses.
    Most likely not Raptor boss as his ability "Decapitate" hits for 1.5 million damage, has a range of 50,000 yards, and does not respect LoS. It's a 1 shot kill that will then lead to your pet despawning and the boss reseting.

There are a few different ways to kill Panther boss at 85 though. The easist, if you're decked out in Heroic DS gear, is during phase 1 dps her to 50% while ignoring the adds, and only dps'ing her from LoS while she's in midcast or she'll charge you. When you get to 50% and the adds spawn Feign Death to reset them, then continue killing her new form in Phase 2.

If you don't have heroic DS gear its still possible though a little more complicated. I made a video with commentary of the strategy here:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZzwkimiWQpU&feature=plcp

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    ?

Why would you kill Sanguinar last? He fears which messes up positioning. Also you're immune to the Remote Toy debuff as long as you're using the staff, so theres really no reason to not kill the engineer last. You'll want to use the staff in the later phases to avoid getting disorientated either way.

Personally I find grouping them easier as I just AoE them down. But each to their own!
    Hm,for some reason I thought staff didn't help with the toy, guess I was wrong.
    I leave Sanguinar for last, cause when he's alone, he is the safest - so I can wait out the debuff. Maybe it's better to AoE if you're in MM, but I do Kael in BM and I'd rather eliminate the threats asap single-target, and not get damaged by anything.

It will be so annoying to be unable to use the staff in MoP...

Quote Originally Posted by avilia View Post
    Raptor just might be possible if you can manage timing on his decapitate and use distract shot, like on Marrowgar. Not sure if it's possible.
    Old Gods made me do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm,for some reason I thought staff didn't help with the toy, guess I was wrong.
    I leave Sanguinar for last, cause when he's alone, he is the safest - so I can wait out the debuff. Maybe it's better to AoE if you're in MM, but I do Kael in BM and I'd rather eliminate the threats asap single-target, and not get damaged by anything.

It will be so annoying to be unable to use the staff in MoP...
    The staff makes you stun immune. When the Engineer is alone all he does is throw bombs at your pet, not sure how thats more safe than the other :P I do Kael in my regular Survival PvE spec actually. Tends to go faster than MM or BM, I find BM a lot slower actually. As Surv my kills are at around 9 minutes, MM 10 minutes and BM 11 Minutes. Though it depends on rng.

It's possible to solo it without the staff, tried it a few times, though then the kill can take almost up to 20 minutes, as well as just being very, very annoying :P

Raptor just might be possible if you can manage timing on his decapitate and use distract shot, like on Marrowgar. Not sure if it's possible.
    I've been targeted by the decapitation attack when I was tanking him on my Paladin, so he can use it on his current target. Dont really think it would work to distract shotting him. Could be wrong though.
    Hi

Deleted
    Actually there is a way to kill bloodlord mandokir but i dont have good enough dps gear :P Yes he does 1.5mil decapitates but there is a *secret* which would help to defeat him

Q: Damnit, I need to be in a raid group to enter raids, and it's not always easy finding someone to join your raid group.. what do?
    A: Easy, make a trial account. They now last forever, you don't need gametime. Thus you can just level a character on it to 10 (Recruit yourself via RAF for 300% speed, I did 1-10 in 35 minutes), then open another WoW window, log on the trial account and the lvl 10 character you've made, then have your main invite the level 10. You can now alt+f4 that wow window, and have the level 10 as offline in your raid group for as long as you'd like.
    FYI,

Use this macro for lvl 1 trial alts to make them ablo to join raids

/run SetAllowLowLevelRaid(true)

So you dont have to lvl them up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by megabeat View Post
    FYI,

Use this macro for lvl 1 trial alts to make them ablo to join raids

/run SetAllowLowLevelRaid(true)

So you dont have to lvl them up.

What, really? This will change my life.
    Hi

How on earth.. do you solo Archimonde? seriously. I can't get it.

I spent a few hours trying to solo Twin Emps. I just can't get their damage to keep going down. Got to 60%ish and felt like I hit a wall. Nothing much changed except my pet started getting knocked into the room.

Then I went and tried Vashj for a while. Tried as both bm and mm but I can't seem to get the fourth core active before I die. There's a lot of pet despawning due to range. Those striders fearing really sucks.

In MOP hunters will not be able to equip main hand and ranged at the same time, so will Kael Thas be possible since you have to equip staff (do you even have to)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    In MOP hunters will not be able to equip main hand and ranged at the same time, so will Kael Thas be possible since you have to equip staff (do you even have to)?
    You dont have to equip it now to kill it, but doing it without is really annoying due to disorient and stuns, etc. I'd log on and make a video of it, but I'm too scared to log on at the moment. Not fun.

---------- Post added 2012-06-07 at 01:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    I spent a few hours trying to solo Twin Emps. I just can't get their damage to keep going down. Got to 60%ish and felt like I hit a wall. Nothing much changed except my pet started getting knocked into the room.
    Make sure you macro all your magic shots to hit the caster mob, and all physical damage shots to hit the meele guy. Should take some tries I guess, easiest as MM due to the burst from double Rapid Imo. But doable as any spec. Keep your pet on the physical guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Koochulu View Post
    Then I went and tried Vashj for a while. Tried as both bm and mm but I can't seem to get the fourth core active before I die. There's a lot of pet despawning due to range. Those striders fearing really sucks.
    You kinda want to get lucky with where the green core guys spawns, i.e close to where you are so you dont have to run so much. I never put my pet close to the striders, they die fast and the fear can mess you up a bit. Concussive Shot helps. Just MD the warriors to your pet, and make sure you kill as many "normal" elementals to reduce the damage you take. Though easily outhealed as MM with Spirit bond.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Just for fun, earlier today I tried Occu'thar on 10 man after the group killed Aliz. Panzer (my turtle) had 187k self-buffed, I was around 202k or so. Managed to last 1 minute 29 seconds against him before he finally killed Panzer, that was about 4 seconds prior to the second eyeball phase. If our soloing abilities end up near where they are now in MoP, I see this guy being soloed early on soon after hitting 90. Mechanics weren't hard to manage, just keep an eye on the ability timers. Eyeball phase is a non-issue, as FD drops yours and there's no others to hit.