Thread: The UFC Thread

JDS coming out to the Rocky theme got me pumped. Too bad Murrrrrrrr's about to break something on him.

---------- Post added 2012-05-27 at 12:00 AM ----------

well, if i'm going to be wrong, at least it's to a dude like JDS. can't help but like and respect the guy.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

10+ Year Old Account
    What a fucking amazing night of fights!

I was disappointed by Mayhem's loss. It really looked like his knee was giving him major problems. I'd like to see him get one more fight to turn things around.

The Hardy and Varner fights alone made my night. I really wanted both guys to win really badly and they did so perfectly!
    Big Country has one powerful overhand right, holy shit!

I was expecting either Lavar to win by KO or Struve to submit Lavar. I chose to go with Lavar via KO and I was dead fucking wrong! Good job by Struve by being smart. Lavar better start working on his ground game right now if he wants to move up the ladder. Lavar's comments about jiu-jitsu belonging in jiu-jitsu competitions pissed me off a bit, hopefully that submission loss put some sense into him.

Mir looked really slow and out of shape in this fight. The fight pretty much went as expected but I called it has JDS via first round KO.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Cain just MURDERED Bigfoot. I'm so happy.
    Couldn't have said it better myself. So much blood!

Mayhem gets released from UFC after loss to CB Dolloway
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2012-05-27 at 06:46 AM.

From what I am hearing, the reason Dana cut Mayhem is because he started a fight or something with Dolloway's corner backstage after the fight.

---------- Post added 2012-05-28 at 03:22 AM ----------

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell was wrong with Mir?

10+ Year Old Account
    Fights were great. Mir was fine, he was just totally out classed, and its pretty obvious JDS was coached to never chase him down as Mir looked like he took a few dives through out the fight.

Caine has got to be top condender now again and frankly i see him being the only person to take the crown from JDS until Overeem can get back.

slightly off topic : am i bad person for renting every UFC since the cable bill is paid for by my room mate, and he hasnt caught on since hahahaha. yeAHAHHHH

10+ Year Old Account
    Dat overhand right.
    http://i.imgur.com/G1ayx.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    What the hell was wrong with Mir?
    He looked overweight and he just got outclassed by JDS. JDS makes everyone loo bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Maruka View Post
    slightly off topic : am i bad person for renting every UFC since the cable bill is paid for by my room mate, and he hasnt caught on since hahahaha. yeAHAHHHH
    I would have done the same lol.

http://i.imgur.com/1fgsE.jpg

Please do not embed images that are 2Mb in size or extremely large.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-05-30 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Mod Edit

Deleted
    I admit I don't like what is happening with UFC in these days, when I look back into 90s the effort was much more into the final test of each competitor which in contrast to these days does not make any sense or does it?

10+ Year Old Account

Heh, so Mir is on TRT apparently. So they just swapped one guy on TRT in for another one. Only difference is the NSAC approved Mir's use. This shit is starting to be a slippery slope.

UFC just signed Bibiano Fernades. The dude is a beast. Would love to see a rematch between him and Faber.

Since Stann is injured it is now Tim Boestch vs. Hector Lombard at 149. The fuck happened to Bisping? Is Bisping injured, or are they worried about replacing Sonnen or A. Silva due to an injury?

Shogun is now going to face Brandon Vera with Thiago Silva out with an injury. Couple questions: 1) I know Shogun turned down a fight with Glover, and given that Glover is not a name to most UFC fans and actually has a legitimate skillset I can see why Shogun wouldn't risk that fight, but really....they couldn't find anyone else besides Vera? 2) Why would Shogun accept a fight with Vera? Beating Vera (and Shogun will maul Vera, make no mistake about it) does absolutely zero for Shogun, aside from getting him a W at the end of the night, it doesn't move him closer to title contention.

Dafuq is going on here lately? /boggle

10+ Year Old Account
    That TRT sure didn't look like it did any good for Mir at 146 lol. I think after 146 Mir just really needs to go on a diet and drop some weight, maybe down to 245 or something around there.

Nearly every damn card this year has been messed with due to injuries. Bisping's camp says he is injured from what I am hearing. I can't really blame Shogun for turning down Glover, the more hardcore fans would understand if Shogun lost to him but the casuals would think that Shogun has really gone down hill and Shogun would then wouldn't be as big of a draw to casual fans anymore. Shogun knows he can steamroll Vera and I think the reason he took that fight is because he is coming off of two losses and just really wants a win right now, even if two of the losses are to Jones and Hendo. After Shogun beats Vera I think he will want to take a top 5 opponent again, he is just worried about getting three straight losses (even if it's to the best in the division) and losing some of his draw.

So with Belfort out of 147 Franklin will be stepping in to fight Wandy. FML. I had Wandy just barely winning in their first fight, but that might have just been my bias. I like Franklin a lot but this better not turn out like his fight with Chuck Liddell.

Oh, I got some gifs and pics you may enjoy
    -Warning for blood lol-

Gif
    Gif
    Pic
    Pic
    Pic
    Pic
    Pic
    Pic
    Pic
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2012-06-07 at 07:14 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    God lord. I had heard that Silva got messed up, but I hadn't seen pictures of it. Just watched the fight on Youtube and yikes. They should have called that at the first stoppage rather than putting them back into position on the ground. One tap from Cain and that cut exploded open again and was spraying blood.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pro move by Shogun refusing to fight Teixeira saying he would rather be cut than fight the guy as a replacement. So instead he is fighting Vera in an assuredly awful main event at UFC on Fox 4.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aldo just pulled out of UFC 149 with an injury, that's now 3 injured champions out of 7. These guys are just dropping like flies! This is one horrible year for the UFC.

I think Shogun and Teixeira might be friends, that might be why he doesn't want to fight him. Another reason could be what is in my post above. Putting Shogun on a free event could help UFC and MMA exposure. Shogun is a big name and a top 5 LHW and he has the possibility to make this an exciting fight despite the fact it's against Vera.

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Aldo just pulled out of UFC 149 with an injury, that's now 3 injured champions out of 7. These guys are just dropping like flies! This is one horrible year for the UFC.

I think Shogun and Teixeira might be friends, that might be why he doesn't want to fight him. Another reason could be what is in my post above. Putting Shogun on a free event could help UFC and MMA exposure. Shogun is a big name and a top 5 LHW and he has the possibility to make this an exciting fight despite the fact it's against Vera.
    I had a long reply typed up...but then the power went out.

I think the true story for MMA this year, without a doubt, is this rash of fucking injuries that keep cropping up.

Anyways, given Shogun's record it's undeniable that he isn't ducking anyone, it's just a match with Glover is a lose-lose situation and I'm sure 95% of the LHW roster dread being his next fight anyways since they have a -very- good chance of losing to a fighter who is a relative unknown to the casual UFC fanbase. He's flown under the radar for so long and I'm still surprised it took the UFC this long to bring him in. If Shogun lost to Teixeira it'll put him quite a ways away from a title shot, but so would a lose, however unlikely, to Vera, which brings me to my next point:

My only concern is whether or not a match with Vera will properly motivate Shogun to come in at tip-top shape, or if we see the Shogun that fought Forrest the first time. Vera hasn't looked stellar, at all, and he should probably have been cut after the T. Silva fight regardless of T. Silva's failed piss test, but Vera still has very legit stand up, and I'd hate to think that this is the fight that -finally- gets him motivated and back to fighting at his potential at Shogun's cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of injuries and card changes this year is freaking nuts.

While Shogun is used to fighting bigger names than Vera, I think just wanting to get back on a win streak will motivated him enough and he might come into this fight wanting to beat Vera in very dominant fashion.

10+ Year Old Account
    ufc needs more mashida

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    ufc needs more mashida
    Machida vs Bader co-main event for UFC on FOX August 4th. Main event is Shogun vs Vera. http://www.ufc.com/event/FOX4#/fight
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2012-06-14 at 09:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Machida vs Bader co-main event for UFC on FOX August 4th. Main event is Shogun vs Vera. http://www.ufc.com/event/FOX4#/fight
    Machida wins by knock out

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, it's his own damn fault. If he didn't take PED's we would have seen JDS vs Reem instead of JDS and Mir. The upside to the situation was Nelson's badass KO and Cain murdering Big Foot.