The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been thinking about seeing how much it would cost for me to just build my own desk from scratch, like just buy some lumber and go at it...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Been thinking about seeing how much it would cost for me to just build my own desk from scratch, like just buy some lumber and go at it...
    Don't do it! I mean omg at my office we attempted this ok, mind you I actually worked as a carpenters apprentice in my youth. In no way did it go well without looking very very basic which defeated the purpose. So what did we do? Actually we bought some L shaped corner desks and drilled into a few specific pieces of tubing in the desk inserting the wires for anything on the desk i.e Light, Monitor(s), keyboard/mouse, etc then fished em all through coming out and plugging into a 8 plug wall strip that is just behind the tower allowing for peripherals to be plugged in aswell all ninja like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Good to see I'm not the only one paranoid about keeping every cable lifted off the floor, very clean look

1/10 for the wallpaper. Bleeeeh.
    It's unqestioned brand loyalty! Gonna have an Intel tatoo on my forehead. If it's of any conselation, the current wallpaper on my HTPC is an AMD-Radeon logo! (this one)

AMD-Radeon have a 404 not found logo?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    AMD-Radeon have a 404 not found logo?
    get a new dns server! oh well a ctrl + f5 and it disappeared for me too. well it's a wallpaper and it's a radeon sticker on it :P Looked kinda cool, take my word for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Semi-recently moved and getting the computer up the way I wanted it took a while but now it's done. I pretty much have 1 meter of wall space to have it on, so compromises were necesarry.

With the temporary table it looked like this:

Now it looks like the below pictures. As usual the camera sucks because it's my cellphone.

http://web.comhem.se/ted-filer/c2012/1.jpg
    http://web.comhem.se/ted-filer/c2012/2.jpg

http://web.comhem.se/ted-filer/c2012/3.jpg
    http://web.comhem.se/ted-filer/c2012/4.jpg
    I like this a lot. One of the cleaner desks we've seen lol. I can't tell, what keyboard is that?

Please don't quote entire posts without breaking the image links.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-06-07 at 10:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see the point in wallpapers on desktops and such... not like you're going to just sit there staring at it. =S
    "A flower.

There is a post your desktop background thread. This is not it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    I like this a lot. One of the cleaner desks we've seen lol. I can't tell, what keyboard is that?
    Thanks! The keyboard is simply called "Logitech Illuminated Keyboard" and while it looks great it's not a great one for gaming since certain combinations of three simultaneous keypresses don't work. For example W+Shift+Space. I'm getting by, though, but barely!
    Last edited by Wries; 2012-05-28 at 08:16 PM.

Hey all! This current build I'm using was actually contributed to largely by a bunch of the guys in this forum, so thank you for all the great input. I've been working with this pc for about 2 months now and I couldn't be more happy with it.

Specs and pics below:

Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500gb
    SSD: Corsair Force Series 3 128gb
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance Low-Profile DDR3 8GB duel channel
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX560ti 448-cores
    PSU: Corsair 650W TX V2
    Motherboard: ASRock z68 Extreme4 Gen3
    CPU: Intel i5 2500k
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master 212 EVO
    Keyboard: X4 Sidewinder
    Mouse: Razer DeathAdder
    Monitor: Samsung 23inch 1920x1080 LED 2ms 60hz

The pics don't really do it justice, but the LED fan in the front (enermax) has a really deep smouldering look to it shining through the front dust padding, and illuminates the whole inside of the case in a similarly deep red. These pics make it kinda look fluro and tacky, sadly . Oh well you still get the idea!

Desktop naturally (with can of tuna making a cameo appearance?)

Natural in the dark (the whole inside gets bathed in red)

Hardware (I'm fully aware my cable management was less than stellar. This was my very first build!)

Needs more cooling...

I title this piece, "Dark Tower on Shitty Camera"

User was infracted for oversized images.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-05-30 at 12:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice build, I'm liking how everything's matching :P

(Psst, click on "Large thumbnail" from the pictures at Imgur, it fixes the annoying resolution)
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

HDD: seagate 2TB,seagte 1TB, Seagte 500GB
    SSD: 80Gb kingston
    RAM: 8GBkinston hyperx
    GPU: asus GTX560ti
    PSU: Corsair 650W TX V2
    Motherboard: Asus
    CPU: Intel i7 2600k
    CPU Cooler: stock
    Keyboard: G19
    Mouse: RAT 7
    Monitor: ASUS 24" 2ms Full hd 10mil contrast ratio

Neat build, Scythax, but I'd really like to see you get back in there and clean up the cables, personally.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scythax View Post
    Desktop naturally (with can of tuna making a cameo appearance?)
    [IMG]http://i493.photobucket.com/albums/rr292/Ghreldonn/P5300398.jpg[IMG]

For whatever reason, I started to laugh uncontrollably when I spotted the tuna can :P
    Nice looking build too
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-05-30 at 12:58 PM. Reason: imagesnip

Quote Originally Posted by sendetto View Post
    For whatever reason, I started to laugh uncontrollably when I spotted the tuna can :P
    Nice looking build too
    Ty! I'm actually considering upgrading the GPU to a GTX670, although I'm trying to weigh up whether to go with EVGA or Gigabyte. Kinda wanna give EVGA a go as something different. Gigabyte cards all look exactly the same cosmetic wise... /vanity >.>

Also, that little toy mini cooper on the right side? That's actually my usb drive! You can open the trunk and it has a slot inside it, and when it's reading the headlights flash. It's fuckin badass

---------- Post added 2012-05-30 at 01:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Neat build, Scythax, but I'd really like to see you get back in there and clean up the cables, personally.
    Thanks! And yes I completely agree about the cables. Biggest problem with non-modular power supply. Oh well lesson learned. When I upgrade my GPU I'll make sure to re-organise all the cables at the same time.

PS: Sorry for the resolution size. I honestly wasn't sure how to get the picture sizes any smaller. Thanks for the fix TetrisGOAT

Deleted
    Ty! I'm actually considering upgrading the GPU to a GTX670, although I'm trying to weigh up whether to go with EVGA or Gigabyte. Kinda wanna give EVGA a go as something different. Gigabyte cards all look exactly the same cosmetic wise... /vanity >.>

Also, that little toy mini cooper on the right side? That's actually my usb drive! You can open the trunk and it has a slot inside it, and when it's reading the headlights flash. It's fuckin badass
    I'd take EVGA over any other nvidia manufacturer, their support is great and they have some pretty neat cooling.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is me being paranoid but I wouldn't go with any manufacturer using that tiny toy PCB that's smaller than the cooler. I don't trust it keeping an overclock for the long haul and it doesn't look pretty, either. ASUS 670 DCII would be my choice.

Quote Originally Posted by sendetto View Post
    I'd take EVGA over any other nvidia manufacturer, their support is great and they have some pretty neat cooling.
    From my POV EVGA has pretty much failed in the 3rd party cooling solutions for the common builder.

Their dual fan solutions pretty much only offered dual fans but not much of a cooling or sound advantage than say the Twin Frozr or DCII did. And then there's the radial fan cards which most builders still want to avoid due to their noise. They do excel in SLI and badly ventilated cases but that's not a big representation of the builder's market either.

Their RMA and trade-up seem great though. Can't wait to experience it when my 460s dies :P (got them with 10 years warranty)

10+ Year Old Account
    *10 YEARS?!*

Holy cow. O_O That's almost like them saying "we really want to give you some free video cards!!"
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    *10 YEARS?!*

Holy cow. O_O That's almost like them saying "we really want to give you some free video cards!!"
    Pretty sure that they're pretty sure you'll have forgotten in 3-5 years time and that you probably wont be using that card anymore. Also pretty sure most 6yr+ warranties have a non-transferable aspect to them. IE The person that wants to make a warranty claim, must be the person that bought the item. Usually enforced through some registration process at time of install.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's also a great selling point .

Quote Originally Posted by Scythax
    <Snip>
    I'm not a fan of led fans(dun dun) personally but that looks just sweet. If you only had another red one in the front...