Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Scribes to make boe shoulder enchants in mop

Quote from Ghostcrawler

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5149537803#9

Head enchants are gone.

We decided that putting head enchants on the various faction vendors wasn't working well with our design intent for the factions. There is a lot of max-level quest content in MoP, much of it focused around the reputation with the new factions. I think it's really cool stuff -- worlds away from the old Argent Crusade scourge stone days.

In previous expansions, the head enchants on the faction vendors served to force players into that content. You couldn't even choose which reputation to pursue -- you had to pursue the one with your specific head enchant. Our design intent for MoP is to give players options in how to play, and the head enchant design wasn't compatible with that.

Once we decided to no longer offer new head enchants, we made the older ones non-functional or else players would feel like they had to go back to older content or be missing out on power. This way, helmets are just no longer enchantable and you'll have one less required step to get a piece of loot ready to wear.

Shoulder enchants can now be provided by scribes, so those still exist, but they are also not part of the faction reputation system.
    Bolded and underlined the important bit

Scribes will have a way of making some gold other than glyphs \o/

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not quite sure the shoulders will still be BoE though. GC didn't mention that part.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shininglight View Post
    I'm not quite sure the shoulders will still be BoE though. GC didn't mention that part.
    Try reading his full reply, specifically the bit at the end

Shoulder enchants can now be provided by scribes
    >_>

'Provided' being the important word, aka you can make them for other people

10+ Year Old Account
    I was just on my way to make this very same thread.

Seems that Scribblers get another push to have something lasting to sell, a constant revenue stream, even if it's probably like the leg enchants for Tailoring/LW that have high turnover, but low profit per item.

Much depends on what materials will be used, but I can see this being a very nice supplement early Mists to making Darkmoon cards and glyphs.

For now I'm on the bandwagon for this change, it's a good one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shininglight View Post
    No one sells enchanted BoE anyaways. Enchant will be like a leg enchant provided by tailors.

Deleted
    Rejoice fellow scribes, I was about to make this same thread .

Even more ways of making profit with Inscription, it's absurd. Most of all: Avenues for diversification. If only they'd reinstate the old Glyph system, not the one-time-purchase system we have now. Unless they allow us to be the only source of dust of disappearence. But that's something else.

Anyway, I'm glad. No longer faction-forced to farm a certain Head enchant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chosenkiwi View Post
    No one sells enchanted BoE anyaways. Enchant will be like a leg enchant provided by tailors.
    I used the term BoE so that people wouldn't get confused , and think I was the one getting mixed up with the scribes proffesion bonus of self enchanting there own Shoulders >_>

/deep frustrated sigh

guess I didn't dumb it down enough :P

10+ Year Old Account
    That's deffinetly better than grinding a Therazane-like faction with every toon again. Not that Thera was a hard grind, but if you happen to have lots of characters, it just gets tedious.

But I'm not sure if this will be such a good income for scribes to be honest. Like LW, BS and Tailoring, it's only for one specific piece of gear instead of almost every new piece like JC and Enchanting. And they will probably end up being very easy to make, like 5 uncommon Pandaria Inks or something. AH can end up flooded with shoulder inscriptions pretty fast, lowering the prices.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am so tired of Therazane! This is going to be an excellent change. I like the part about not being able to grind the ones you want as one of the main reasons for the change, because in Cata I wanted to do Ramakhen for the Camels, but I was a Resto Shaman so I had to do Hyjal first. Luckily, I went through Hyjal instead of Vash'jir so it wasn't that bad for me, but I like that it's not going to be a problem in MoP. Also, not having to grind rep after rep on every alt will be nice too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankennoob View Post
    How dare they include fantastic and mysterious wonders in my fantasy game? All the graphics and story just get in the way of my enjoying optimizing the spreadsheet that defines my character.
    [G] [Ravenwake]: I been loot mastered by kerf for so long, I dont know any other way? is it abuse? is it love? who can tell
    Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:36 am // Symara: I'll tell them Chuck Norris wears Kerfanna Pyjamas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DerSenf View Post
    That's deffinetly better than grinding a Therazane-like faction with every toon again. Not that Thera was a hard grind, but if you happen to have lots of characters, it just gets tedious.

But I'm not sure if this will be such a good income for scribes to be honest. Like LW, BS and Tailoring, it's only for one specific piece of gear instead of almost every new piece like JC and Enchanting. And they will probably end up being very easy to make, like 5 uncommon Pandaria Inks or something. AH can end up flooded with shoulder inscriptions pretty fast, lowering the prices.
    My guess is it will be like the leg enchants. You have a common version, made by common materials, and an Epic version, made by expensive materials.

The Intellect leg enchants for instance were made by Tailors from a material that you could, realisticly in the beginning, only make 5 a week from, and even then at high costs. As the expansion progressed that got a bit easier, but not untill chaos orbs got unbound did it get possible to mass produce them as a single player.

It would not surprise me if the epic Scribe shoulder enchants get made from several of the expensive ink + maybe some item, to differentiate the INT version from the STR version. Kinda like you had different items for the relics we made in Cata.

Hey, maybe it'll go further and wont have int/str/agi versions! We could see shoulder enchants providing mastery/dodge/expertise instead! You can always hope

Just like the leg enchants, there won't be a lot of gold making here.

I welcome this. I eventually grind out all my reps each expansion, but not having to wait 2-3 weeks for my max shoulder enchant will be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

The BOP Profession bonuses are around +300 in a stat, thought the shoulder enchants were posted last week.

Here's an example of the inscriptionist only one.

http://mop.wowhead.com/item=87584

vs the sellable boe

http://mop.wowhead.com/item=83007
    Last edited by Hijiri; 2012-05-30 at 11:02 PM.

Deleted
    Yes why have reputation that is even remotely grindy for some small reward?

Im torn between thinking this is a good idéa and a bad idéa. Currently my opinion lies within the negative answer.
    They want people to be occupied with something, They introduce Challenge mode, Pet battles, Raids, PvP, Wargames/Rated Battlegrounds and diffrent specializations and dailys everywhere, Removing the daily cap and so on. But they also reduce the effort needed on certain things. Not everything is necessarily bad however. But it feels so counter-productive~desu

~Desu

Deleted
    yay! sounds good, will be nice to see what the mats will be, i am guessing it will be more than just 4inks.

intill i see for a fact that they change the shoulder inscripition from inscriptionist as boe in some form all i see in this change is they stop forcing poeple doing the faction change to forcing poeple to lvl inscription. in no way did g/c say they where changing it from "Own shoulders" to enchant players or scribe on a vellium. they can call it w/e they want but just more proof that blizzard is just getting lazier and lazier. so now no head enchant or shoulder enchant from faction QM's so what gonna be the point of any faction's QM

this is crap, why do scribes get to make enchants? THEY ARE CALLED ENCHANTS SO ENCHANTERS SHOULD MAKE THEM
    and while we are at it whats up with enchanters and making wands? why has all this been taken away?
    scribes can make gold without STEALING enchanters abilities (bis trinks at start of exp)
    GC, what the hell are you doing?
    Last edited by meifumado; 2012-05-31 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meifumado View Post
    this is crap, why do scribes get to make enchants? THEY ARE CALLED ENCHANTS SO ENCHANTERS SHOULD MAKE THEM
    and while we are at it whats up with enchanters and making wands? why has all this been taken away?
    scribes can make gold without STEALING enchanters abilities (bis trinks at start of exp)
    GW, what the hell are you doing?
    Leg enchants made by tailors? Belt "enchant" made by blacksmiths?

Leg enchants made by tailors? Belt "enchant" made by blacksmiths?

belt is not a chant its a extra slot

also the leg threads are split between leather workers and tailors so its fair

also they are not called enchants

GC clearly calls the shoulder enchants enchants not shoulder inscriptions
    Last edited by meifumado; 2012-05-31 at 02:43 PM.