• DarkHaven

19 19.39%
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanni View Post
    Sean Connery
    Morgan Freeman
    Keith David

3 people who can do voiceover work for everything ever and be awesome. XD

---------- Post added 2012-06-03 at 02:02 AM ----------

Oh and Patrick Stewart. I'd pay to listen to the man read the phone book for an hour.

"Make it so."

hehe
    Saw Patrick Stewart in Hamlet a few years ago. It fulfilled one of my life missions to see him do Shakespeare. Was...,,,amazing seems poor and inadequate. Transcendent I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sean Connery
    Morgan Freeman
    Keith David

Oh and Patrick Stewart. I'd pay to listen to the man read the phone book for an hour.

"Make it so."

hehe
    Will Shatner.

"How do you do a spoken word version of Slim Shady?"

"He found a way...."

I also really love this:
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you don't want me. I suck so bad I only play bot games. XD
    d'aww ill still play with you vanni

---------- Post added 2012-06-02 at 08:31 PM ----------

Sean Connery
    Morgan Freeman
    Keith David

"Make it so."

hehe
    mike rowe's pretty good too
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Saw Patrick Stewart in Hamlet a few years ago. It fulfilled one of my life missions to see him do Shakespeare. Was...,,,amazing seems poor and inadequate. Transcendent I guess.
    oh man I'd kill to see that. I've been a fan of his since ST:TNG.

---------- Post added 2012-06-03 at 02:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Will Shatner.

"How do you do a spoken word version of Slim Shady?"

"He found a way...."

I also really love this:
    lol yeah he has a cool voice too. But he's more for comedic.

---------- Post added 2012-06-03 at 02:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    d'aww ill still play with you vanni

---------- Post added 2012-06-02 at 08:31 PM ----------

mike rowe's pretty good too
    lol well you can add me on NA as VanniSilvante

I forget what my EUW name is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will Shatner.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....I just had an interesting thought. There's four bloodstones, then there's the keystone.

How many Elder Dragons do we currently have?
    Primordus, Zhaitain, Jormag, Kralkatorrik... and Bubbles.

Obviously if more show up than those five it would completely destroy my idea, but what if there's a connection?
    Primordus = destruction
    Jormag = aggression
    Zhaitan = preservation
    Kralkatorrik = denial

And all the Elder Dragons are constantly in conflict with each other, just as the bloodstones remain separated.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    zhaitan as preservation makes zero sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    None of them make any sense, and aggression and destruction are not exclusive to Jormag or Primordus.

---------- Post added 2012-06-03 at 12:39 AM ----------

Also,

10+ Year Old Account
    Disagree. What is undeath but preservation? He even rose up the old city of Orr.

And I find "destruction" as exclusive to Primordus in the sense that his minions are all Destroyers, including his earlier champion, that was killed in GW1, the Great Destroyer.

I figured Jormag as aggression made the most sense. We know enough about Jormag to know about the Norn he's "corrupted" to believe that he's the most powerful nature spirit of all. The nature of how he's affected those Norn makes me think of aggression. Consider this line from the wiki:
    Jormag and some of its champions have powerful mental capabilities that alter their enemies' way of thinking.[1] Whenever a group of norn attack Jormag or its champions, the men always return as icebroods, attacking the source of the group of norn in revenge; however, female norn never return.
    I wouldn't classify that as anything but aggression, personally. And we've already seen a hint of the powers of Kralkatorrik through his former champion Glint, who in theory should wield similar powers. Then there's the effect Kralkatorrik has on native wildlife, corrupting them into the branded. I would classify that skillset as denial.

Remember that those four words refer to schools of magic, not necessarily their personality. I admit my classifications could be off (admittedly: necromancy is typically considered aggression, monk/guardian preservation, elementalist destruction, and mesmer denial), but it's already been hinted that the bloodstones are supposed to play some major role in the future, and I would not be surprised if they were linked directly to the Elder Dragons.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-06-03 at 05:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He failed to preserve them when they died. You can't have a piece of meat rot, magically restore it and claim you preserved it. There's a reason pre is in the word. If he was linked to preservation, he wouldn't be trying to kill them in the first place. Even if he is raising the dead, he's only raising their corpses. Their soul is gone.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-06-03 at 06:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ....I just had an interesting thought. There's four bloodstones, then there's the keystone.

How many Elder Dragons do we currently have?
    Primordus, Zhaitain, Jormag, Kralkatorrik... and Bubbles.

Obviously if more show up than those five it would completely destroy my idea, but what if there's a connection?
    Primordus = destruction
    Jormag = aggression
    Zhaitan = preservation
    Kralkatorrik = denial

And all the Elder Dragons are constantly in conflict with each other, just as the bloodstones remain separated.
    if that was the case primordius would be the keystone, he's the herald of the dragons, the first awoken, and the oldest

also the elder dragons have been around even before the gods arrived to tyria, they probably even predate the giganticus lupicus. the creation of the bloodstone was solely a human god event

in fact it's been said that the elder dragons are far more powerful than the human gods and the norn spirits (the fact that Owl is dead). is possibly why the gods have stayed away too

---------- Post added 2012-06-03 at 12:03 AM ----------

Disagree. What is undeath but preservation? He even rose up the old city of Orr.
    he rose up the peninsula of orr becuase he's a big fucking dragon and his ascent brought the land back up, either through him no longer displacing water or just the force of awakening

its not that he chose to rise up the peninsula. he didnt even HAVE to since even in GW1 the undead orrians would surface up to kryta
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    if that was the case primordius would be the keystone, he's the herald of the dragons, the first awoken, and the oldest
    Fair point. That then would leave the mystery of what Bubbles could be. I suppose it would then make much more sense for Kralkatorrik to be destruction (he did leave a major path of destruction in his wake when he flew south...). I could see Zhaitan making sense as aggression, since it's been stated that's where necromancers belong. Jormag would then make more sense as denial - as mental powers make me think of Mesmer.
    Which would then leave Bubbles to wield preservation magic.

also the elder dragons have been around even before the gods arrived to tyria, they probably even predate the giganticus lupicus. the creation of the bloodstone was solely a human god event

in fact it's been said that the elder dragons are far more powerful than the human gods and the norn spirits (the fact that Owl is dead). is possibly why the gods have stayed away too
    Of course it was. That does NOT prevent the bloodstones from having a connection. Was it bluntly stated that the magic that Abaddon "gifted" to humans was not already present in the world? That the gods created magic?

The GW1 wiki says it like this:
    In the year 1 BE, Abaddon gave the ability to use Magic to the sentient races of Tyria.
    It doesn't say he created magic, simply that he gave humans the ability to use it, leaving it open to interpretation. The wiki mentions, albeit only briefly, that Jotun were rumored to have wielded magic ages ago, and that they once had a much greater civilization, having been around since before the gods came to Tyria.

All of this, basically, leads me to think that magic already existed in the world, and that the Elder Dragons have something big and important to do with that magic (whether as a source, or simply mortal representations of those magical forces, or something else entirely) - Is it possible, perhaps, that the Elder Dragons were awake once before, eons ago... and that they caused the Jotun to become what they are now?

Also: although I concede that Zhaitan couldn't be preservation:
    http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/preserve

All but one definition (and even then, only part of it) requires that the object preserved be alive. You can "preserve" a severed hand in a jar, for example. It's perfectly logical to think of undeath as preserving those creatures in the sense that you are keeping them on this plane of existence, preserving their spirit, even if their physical forms are in a state of disrepair.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-06-03 at 08:56 AM.

I've been watching these replays of my SC2 games, and I just realized how fucking passive of a player I am. In this one game I literally had over triple the supply of the other person, and I still didn't attack him.

I just feel so exposed when not in my base. :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    I've been watching these replays of my SC2 games, and I just realized how fucking passive of a player I am. In this one game I literally had over triple the supply of the other person, and I still didn't attack him.

I just feel so exposed when not in my base. :x
    I'm the opposite. I'm aggresive no matter what game I'm playing.

Deleted
    what's a n'zoth

google images is very all over the place and I'm to lazy to read stuff bout it

I'm the opposite. I'm aggresive no matter what game I'm playing.
    Were you the guy who nonstop spammed waves of zerglings at me for literally 20 plus minutes?

Because I don't like you if that's true.

---------- Post added 2012-06-03 at 02:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    what's a n'zoth

google images is very all over the place and I'm to lazy to read stuff bout it
    http://www.wowpedia.org/N%27Zoth
    http://www.wowpedia.org/C%27thun
    http://www.wowpedia.org/Yogg-Saron

C'thun is a giant eyeball, Yogg-Saron is a giant mouth, so people predict N'zoth will be a giant ear or nose. It only makes sense.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-06-03 at 06:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pft, I only play terran.

Deleted
    maybe its a giant butthole that sucks everything up that comes near

best boss in wow evur

Pft, I only play terran.
    So you were the asshole who planetary rushed me?

10+ Year Old Account
    who knows? /trollface