Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Iron Man 3 (Potential spoilers!)

Release Date: May 3, 2013

First official photo from the set:

(Click the image for a bigger version!)

Update - 12/6/2012 (12th of June, 2012)
    Turns out that the Iron Patriot suit seen on set isn't actually the well-known villian/suit from the Dark Avengers. But rather, the War Machine suit with a paintjob. Piloted by James Rhodes, still, apparently.
    This would explain the shoulder mounted weapon as seen in the image below.

According to this report, the caucasian man spotted wearing the suit was actually a stunt double for Don Cheadle, who plays James Rhodes, and was simply wearing the suit to give Don a break considering how heavy and stiff the costume tends to be.

"The scene in which the suit was caught on film had Tony Stark surrounded by some military personnel and is being described as the unveiling of the new suit." according to the same report.

Update - 5/6/2012 (5th of June, 2012)
    A.I.M - Advanced Idea Mechanics - spotted on-set!

(Click image for a larger version!)

Update - 6/6/2012 (6th of June, 2012)
    According to Latino Review, Stark will be driving around a 2014 Bugatti Veryron Hyper Sport in Iron Man 3, which has a price of of two million dollars.

Here are a few other details about the car:

The new model will also feature an all-new body said to be inspired by the original Bugatti Veyron concept of 1999. This concept was designed by the current head of Bugatti design, Walter de Silva – former SEAT head of design. The new car will have a top speed of 434km/h… in case the first edition wasn’t fast enough with its 408km/h top speed. The engine will be based on the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport’s 8.0-litre quad-turbo W16 motor, showcasing around 895kW of power and 1500Nm of torque.

Here’s a picture of the car prototype, I’m sure it will end up looking a lot better in the movie. But this gives you an idea of the initial design.

There is also reports of stuff like a car chase scene and a Christmas party hosted at Stark Industries:

An anonymous source of On Location Vacation reports, “I work in the building they are filming at on the SAS campus in Cary. Cameras started rolling early this morning in the lobby of the building and as I left work this afternoon they were filming a scene at the entrance of the building. Even a lot of extras were SAS employees. It didn’t seem like there was any action scenes being filmed. Just a lot of people in very nice business suits.

As we all probably know by now, Epic Games will be the “face” of A.I.M. On the other hand, the SAS campus is portraying Stark Industries. The cast (mostly extras) were seen sporting “Stark Industries” name badges on set and between scene. It’s [basically] a Christmas party scene at Stark Industries. There was suppose to be a car/race scene filmed along the Cary parkway but I heard that It was cancelled/rescheduled because of rain.”

According to Miami Today, the production manager of Miami Beach recently stated, ”[The production crew ] will be here for four to six weeks. We hoped they’d stay longer, but once they surveyed the market, they saw there was not sufficient studio space in South Florida. They will primarily do location work here.”

Tony's getting a suit redesign!
    In this teaser poster revealed at the 2012 Licensing Expo, a different suit design can be seen:

(click image for larger version)

But in this promotional image for Iron Man 3, we can see a completely different spin on the suit - with more gold in it. The suit design of the banner and the poster appear to match up, so it's most likely how the Mark VIII will look. (Or the Extremis version of his suit.)

Apparently, the storyline of Iron Man 3 will draw heavily from the Extremis comic storyline, too.
    "In the comic, Extremis is a process for an updated super soldier serum that uses nanobots to turn its subject into a weapon. After suffering critical injuries fighting a new villain, Tony Stark injects himself with the Extremis process and becomes “post human”, storing part of the suit within the hollows of his own bones. Tony Stark becomes Iron Man, inside and out."

How much will be drawn from this story, we don't know. And whether or not these reports are true, we still don't know. Speculation, for now. A lot of it's being kept under wraps.

Iron Man 3 will also be co-produced in China, and again, reports indicate that the Mandarin might be included somewhere in the storyline. And yet again, this is unclear for now whether or not it's actually true. But there have been a few actors that have joined the cast that would imply someone like the Mandarin will be included.

This is the current cast list as far as we are aware:

Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man
    Gwyneth Paltrow as Virginia "Pepper" Potts
    Don Cheadle as USAF Lt. Col. James "Rhodey" Rhodes / War Machine
    Ben Kingsley as The Mandarin (not fully confirmed?)
    Guy Pearce as Aldrich Killian One
    Andy Lau as "an old friend of Tony's from China"
    Rebecca Hall as Dr. Maya Hansen
    Ashley Hamilton as Jack Taggert
    James Badge Dale as Eric Savin / Iron Patriot
    Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan

(Please note: some of these might be unconfirmed or are speculation, so if it turns out that these aren't the true roles, don't bite me!)

As I find more information, I'll update this post!

Also, apologies if a thread has already been created. I looked, but I couldn't find one! Sorry ):
    Last edited by Teramelle; 2012-06-12 at 07:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And thats another 10 million in downeys pocket
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

15+ Year Old Account
    I still hold true to my beliefs that The Mandarin will not be a part of this movie because they are shooting themselves in the foot having Mandarin and Extremis. However, I the only way I can see Mandarin is if he is in a Credits scene.

Iron Patriot suit looks great, although I'm not so sure about the mounted weapon.

As for Tony injecting himself with Extremis... I guess we all knew it was going to happen when we learned months ago that characters from the Extremis Arc had been cast. The one thing I truly hope, nay I pray that if the suit becomes a part of Tony(which I'm fine with) that they don't follow the arc and basically turn his brain into a supercomputer. I honestly can't explain why I don't want that, but I just don't. Partial self contained armor apparently I'm cool with. Supercomputer brain, not so much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    And another 10 million smiles on my face

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that a problem? I personally love all of the Marvel movies he's been in. I feel he plays the narcissistic persona of Tony Stark quite amazingly!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    I still hold true to my beliefs that The Mandarin will not be a part of this movie because they are shooting themselves in the foot having Mandarin and Extremis. However, I the only way I can see Mandarin is if he is in a Credits scene.

Iron Patriot suit looks great, although I'm not so sure about the mounted weapon.

As for Tony injecting himself with Extremis... I guess we all knew it was going to happen when we learned months ago that characters from the Extremis Arc had been cast. The one thing I truly hope, nay I pray that if the suit becomes a part of Tony(which I'm fine with) that they don't follow the arc and basically turn his brain into a supercomputer. I honestly can't explain why I don't want that, but I just don't. Partial self contained armor apparently I'm cool with. Supercomputer brain, not so much.
    I do believe that the Mandarin might not be in this movie simply because they've already got the casting and stuff apparently set for the Extremis storyline - I did include the current speculation about the Mandarin though, just in case.

But people can make their own theories about it, I suppose. We'll just have to wait and see.

As for the brain thing, I do agree - but I'm just gonna see how they take things and hope for the best, really.

Perhaps, but a ten million well-deserved.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Am I the only one who looked at the Patriot Suit and thought that Captain helped design it?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Should be getting 20 mill, bloody exceptional actor if ever there was one

(Kiddin' about the amount of money, think it's a joke the amount they make for their line of work.., but hey, money runs everything, so)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Am I the only one who looked at the Patriot Suit and thought that Captain helped design it?
    The colours are a bit different from how it actually appears in the comics.

At first glance I did think that, before I realised it must be the Iron Patriot suit, even though the colouring was slightly different.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the Patriot looks like a boring villain just an Iron Man copy. But Badge Dale is a brilliant actor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Banzhe View Post
    Should be getting 20 mill, bloody exceptional actor if ever there was one

(Kiddin' about the amount of money, think it's a joke the amount they make for their line of work.., but hey, money runs everything, so)
    I dunno how much he makes, i heared any major movie project he does, he gets 10 million
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno how much he makes, i heared any major movie project he does, he gets 10 million
    I doubt that it's quite that much, actually. o:

But we're not here to discuss the money the actors make!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeria View Post

Some reading for those interested enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    NEW INFO!

This is another picture of one of the sets for the movie - focus on the sign, of course!

A.I.M. - Advanced Idea Mechanics - are going to be in Iron Man 3!

Here's the Marvel wiki page if you're unsure of who they are!

Looks more like Detroit Steel to me, but there's going to be some wiggle room in design.

Also, why is the Mark II stripped of the War Machine upgrades? Will Rhodey get a proper Stark designed suit of his own?

Mandarin is a great villain, but seems like it'll be too busy of a movie, like Batman and Robin, juggling two baddies AND the Extremis story (if it is indeed part of the plot).
    CPU - Intel i5-2500k w/Corsair H50 * MB - ASUS P67 Pro
    RAM - 8GB Mushkin PC-1600 * GPU - EVGA GTX 770 SC 2GB
    SSD - Crucial M4 120GB SATA3 * HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pogoball View Post
    Looks more like Detroit Steel to me, but there's going to be some wiggle room in design.

Also, why is the Mark II stripped of the War Machine upgrades? Will Rhodey get a proper Stark designed suit of his own?

Mandarin is a great villain, but seems like it'll be too busy of a movie, like Batman and Robin, juggling two baddies AND the Extremis story (if it is indeed part of the plot).
    Detroit Steel doesn't really look like any of the 'traditional' movie!verse Iron Man suits like the so-called Iron Patriot suit seen on set, though, if I remember correctly.

Aaaand..
    Mandarin is unconfirmed.
    For many reasons, people think he might not be in the film, or if he is, he won't be one of the leading villians - might even be one of the sorta 'end-credit' villians that leads the way for another movie.

We can only wait and see.

Chances are, Tony will have designed a completely new suit for Rhodey if, in the movie!verse, he gets to have a suit of his own.
    The original War Machine suit did have a lot of HAMMER tech built in, which isn't very reliable. And certainly, nobody makes a suit better than Tony himself. If Rhodey's gonna keep with a suit, like in the comics, then Tony will probably design him a suit and then take back the Mark II for display in his workshop like the rest of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunaeria View Post

I doubt it's quite that little.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I doubt it's quite that little.
    According to the websites I've checked, Robert Downey Jr was paid only $500,000 for Iron Man, and then it was bumped up to about 12.5 million for Iron Man 2 after the first one done so well.

But still, not here to discuss the salaries of the actors. o.O

I wanna see Fin Fang Foom, damnit.

There's nothing like good robot vs dragon battles.
    I don't hate you. I'm just not necessarily excited about your existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    NEW INFO!

According to Latino Review, Stark will be driving around a 2014 Bugatti Veryron Hyper Sport in Iron Man 3, which has a price of of two million dollars.

Here are a few other details about the car:

The new model will also feature an all-new body said to be inspired by the original Bugatti Veyron concept of 1999. This concept was designed by the current head of Bugatti design, Walter de Silva – former SEAT head of design. The new car will have a top speed of 434km/h… in case the first edition wasn’t fast enough with its 408km/h top speed. The engine will be based on the Bugatti Veyron Super Sport’s 8.0-litre quad-turbo W16 motor, showcasing around 895kW of power and 1500Nm of torque.

Here’s a picture of the car prototype, I’m sure it will end up looking a lot better in the movie. But this gives you an idea of the initial design.

I recommend reading the original story on Latino Review - it gives a bit more information on it!