10+ Year Old Account

Best way to gear/gem a Blood DK FC

So I'm in full BIS PVE gear, and someone is recruiting a RBG team, and wants me to tank it. I'm a capable player, but haven't FC'ed since my Pally done it in T11/12 so a little out of touch.

I'm assuming Yellow = resi, Green/blue = stam/resi ? - Correct me if I'm wrong...

On a side note, are there any PVE piece that are worth keeping in? I have both HC slicer, HC Gurth as well as HC Eye of unmaking / bone link fetish, and all the rings for example.. is the added resi worth losing all that increased damage? or shall I roll with PVE trinkets like hc indomitable pride/soulshifter vortex for survivability?

all help considered.. i feel so out of touch PVPing on my DK lol
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Well since you're going to be taking a lot of damage, I assume full PvP gear is the way to go, MAYBE Indomitable but I don't really think you're going to get big absorbs like you do in PvE.

Full pvp gear/ resil. If ur socket bonus is resil then get the bonus, if its strength the just socket resil

If you have all that stuff... maybe you should be going frost and not Blood. Just sayin'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malgru View Post
    If you have all that stuff... maybe you should be going frost and not Blood. Just sayin'.
    Frost is my OS, maybe i can convince them to take a prot warrior FC and allow me to DPS

Would you recommend keeping some PVE pieces as DPS ?
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Deleted
    full pvp gear with socketbonusing resi, preferably +60 stam gems

10+ Year Old Account
    you mean 75stam? over 40 resi? (dont have the CP spare for the 50 resi gems)
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

10+ Year Old Account
    bump for fresh thoughts
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

10+ Year Old Account
    if you're tanking i'd say get heroic vortex for the stam / mastery proc, besides that just get a ton of resil. if you dps use heroic BLF and EoU for lots of damage and a heroic gurth for good measure

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    if you're tanking i'd say get heroic vortex for the stam / mastery proc, besides that just get a ton of resil. if you dps use heroic BLF and EoU for lots of damage and a heroic gurth for good measure
    Nay, Battlemaster's better. Resi's far better than Stamina if you're taking constant damage.

OT: Go Frost and let Warrior do the job.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Ignore the bonelinks-for-dps suggestions. Bone link is not that great for dks (we have no armor pen, so the proc is about 5k after armor and resil), and breaks all the CC your teammates are putting up, making a kill harder. Go with double pvp trinkets (either double on-use 403/391 or on use/rng proc) and gurth when dpsing. DKs need all the resil they can get and the only thing worth dropping a pvp item for is heroic gurth, or possibly heroic EoU.

Tanking: reforge to mastery (duh) and match for all socket bonuses. stam/resil for blue, resil for yellow, and str/resil for red. Small stat differences matter more in pvp than in pve, so those socket bonuses put you ahead of someone that doesn't. None of the stats are bad when compared and can only benefit you in pvp. (versus the notion that gemming anything except stam or mastery in pve is worse than gemming only those two.) Use the resil on use str and the resil battlemasters trinkets for tanking. Only pve tanking trinket that might be worth replacing the resil on use str trinket is the stam + mastery proc heroic version trinket. Never drop the battlemaster's.
    Last edited by cutterx2202; 2012-06-06 at 11:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    There is absolutely nothing about having lots and lots of sex that means you're going to have a kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also seeing blood DKs using spell pen on cape, and on hand/legs blue sockets, would u advise this? I hate seeing outbreak or DG resisted xD
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,

Quote Originally Posted by xtramuscle View Post
    Frost is my OS, maybe i can convince them to take a prot warrior FC and allow me to DPS

Would you recommend keeping some PVE pieces as DPS ?
    I'd keep the Gurth and the Bone link on for the first few. If you seem to be getting focused, keep those. If they're ignoring you, put on the other trinket.

IF your going survivability gem for resil

find a prot warrior and ask if you can play frost

I have seen some in PVE Tank gear, gemed/enchanted resil along with PVP rings/ necklace, relic and resil trinket that take 3-4 people to kill and not very fast either.

Deleted
    If you are FC you should wear full resil, no matter what pve items you have. (or maybe some trinkets but thats it)

Coming from noob.