10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Pikon and Otherworld tourney are miles, light years, dimensions ahead of Garlic J. Saga.
    Definitely. My only issue with the Otherworld tourney is that Goku didn't even need SS until the final fight. He is competing against fighters who were already powerful heroes when they died, and then had continued training for hundreds/thousands of years with near infinite energy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 01:04 AM ----------

i liked it because it proved they dont always need goku! well aleast the after freiza 1

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 01:06 AM ----------

in that universe it seems like they hate saiyans which is why krillin is so cold towards goku in that universe (old krillin and normal universe goku)

i think they became androids to defeat piccolo since he is not in that universe, or maybe when vegeta and nappa attacked which is why they dont like saiyans.
    I under stand that weird things happened in that universe, but the what if im talking about is for the main saga, a different way it could of played out with the result of Yamcha being relevant and a non-saiyen that could fight someone without dieing

10+ Year Old Account
    ooooh ok i thought u were talking about somthing in multiverse, that woulda been pretty cool

also tien shoulda hit enlightenment and gained some form of a human version of super saiyan, krillin should also be capable of that state due to his young monk training

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome. Just awesome.

10+ Year Old Account

tien in mystic form (like gohan)

10+ Year Old Account
    Enlightenment makes alot of sense for tein. not for krillin though. Maybe Supreme Kai or Super Kami Guru could have awoken hidden powers. Or maybe he could have been crippled so that he wouldnt be obligated to try fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Definitely. My only issue with the Otherworld tourney is that Goku didn't even need SS until the final fight. He is competing against fighters who were already powerful heroes when they died, and then had continued training for hundreds/thousands of years with near infinite energy.
    True, that part made no sense to me either. The only real strong ones other than Goku were Pikon and the other North Quadrant guy whose name I forget. you'd think after thousands of years of doing nothing but training (and they're dead so they never get tired), they'd be stronger. Speaking of, how strong do you think Yamcha and Krillin got while there? I thought I remember them training longer and even having it out with Pikon, but I guess I imagined those scenes.

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    Enlightenment makes alot of sense for tein. not for krillin though. Maybe Supreme Kai or Super Kami Guru could have awoken hidden powers. Or maybe he could have been crippled so that he wouldnt be obligated to try fighting.
    Yeah, that makes a lot of sense for Tien. And it would make a human fighter strong enough to compete

10+ Year Old Account
    Krillin only because of being a monk

android yamcha ftw

android chatzu?

10+ Year Old Account
    android chatzu?
    He evolves to his second form.

10+ Year Old Account
    tien gave him a moon stone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Krillin only because of being a monk

android yamcha ftw

android chatzu?
    "monk" should be used loosely there. He insists on training with Roshi all the time, but Roshi never does.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakeer View Post
    tien gave him a moon stone.
    Still doesn't help against Nappa's Rock Smash.

I agree Tien had so much unused potential. Could of been the one human fighter they had keep up. Enlightenment like Genn and I said pages ago would of been amazing. The other guys just don't have enough devotion to fighting to become that good. Tien was all about it though, all the guy did was train and go all out. Hence him being able keep 2nd form Cell at bay when Yamcha or Krillin couldn't even handle Gero in the slightest. He honestly reminds me of a human version of Goku... wish they would of done something better with his character in the buu saga next to ignoring all the human fighters pretty much.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard a rumor that the main reason why they didnt really use tien later on was because his voice actor died

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard a rumor that the main reason why they didnt really use tien later on was because his voice actor died
    I know that's the reason he wasn't in the dragon ball special that introduced Tarble, but I think the actor was still around during Dragon Ball Z

---------- Post added 2012-06-04 at 06:56 PM ----------

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Hirotaka_Suzuoki

The voice of Tien also played Rage Shenron in GT, so he was alive and still working throughout all of the Dragon Ball animes. For whatever reason they stopped using Tien in the story, it wasn't because of the voice actor.

10+ Year Old Account
    oh ignore me!

still no idea why its just they wanted every character to go blonde or be greeen

10+ Year Old Account
    oh ignore me!

still no idea why its just they wanted every character to go blonde or be greeen
    Well, that's the thing. At around the point Goku goes Super Saiyan against Frieza, the whole series became who had the most powerful transformation. Actual training never seemed to matter anymore, even the three years before the androids and then another year in the time chamber didn't make a difference. Sure, Vegata and Trunks were stronger than Cell at the time, but you saw the results. Nobody could be beaten anymore without super powerful new transformations. The humans didn't have any, which I guess is the fault of the writers, but because of that, they fell behind and there was no way to catch up.

10+ Year Old Account
    another form of writing i did not like was how they made cell and buu stronger

either goku or vegeta let them get stronger

the end

10+ Year Old Account
    Goku: It will be more interesting if he fights at full power.

Vegeta: It doesn't matter how strong he gets, I'll be stronger. I'm the Prince and a Super Saiyan!

Gohan: I won't intentionally let him get stronger, but I'm going to draw this fight out so I can torture him and give him a chance to get stronger anyway.

Gotenks: I'm going to win, but I better act weak so it will look impressive. I look totally awesome, and not at all like the retarded child that I am.

Future Trunks: KILL IT NOW!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    Goku: It will be more interesting if he fights at full power.

Vegeta: It doesn't matter how strong he gets, I'll be stronger. I'm the Prince and a Super Saiyan!

Gohan: I won't intentionally let him get stronger, but I'm going to draw this fight out so I can torture him and give him a chance to get stronger anyway.

Gotenks: I'm going to win, but I better act weak so it will look impressive. I look totally awesome, and not at all like the retarded child that I am.

Future Trunks: KILL IT NOW!!!
    So, what you're saying is...Future Trunks wasn't a real Saiyan? :P

I think that's why I liked him so much. Sure, the events in his time is what led to how he is, but I enjoyed him a hell of a lot more than GT Trunks. Except for his whole, "I have to get my father's approval, even though he's dead in my time and everybody agrees he's a giant dick".

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the questions I ask myself. Is GT Trunks really a pansy, or does he only seem that way because of how awesome Future Trunks is?

Future Trunks is like an awesome trailer to the crappy movie that is GT Trunks.