Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Am I surprised the only game you had no complaint about was the Blizzard game? I mean I love sc2 but I'm sure you could have criticized it as well. In fact I put it in on purpose to catch you in that. I see you bro don't worry. Your a big fan... I'll let you figure out what to append to the word fan to figure out the appropriate title for you and people like you is. You can also throw blind in front of that as well. I see you don't worry.

I simply maintain in my opinion I have better taste than you. You are welcome to disagree. In the future however I will no longer engage in such petty nonsense.
    You're telling me that you have good taste, then criticise me for liking some of the stuff you like? Okay.

So you want me to explain some of the issues I have with StarCraft 2? Well, the Battle.Net is not as good as Battle.Net for a couple of reasons. No clan support, the custom games are not as easy to browse, and there is no good way making connections to other players so you have a reason to play in teams. As for the game itself, I thought the pacing of the story of the campaign was too slow between missions, and I dislike how Zerg lacks proper ranged units that can attack air in the first tier. Other than that, I love it.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2012-06-05 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    You're telling me that you have good taste, then criticise me for liking some of the stuff you like? Okay.

So you want me to explain some of the issues I have with StarCraft 2? Well, the Battle.Net is not as good as Battle.Net for a couple of reasons. No clan support, the custom games are not as easy to browse. As for the game itself, I thought the pacing of the story of the campaign was too slow between missions, and I dislike how Zerg lacks proper ranged units that can attack air in the first tier. Other than that, I love it.

Good but your immediate response was to bash every other game I listed and let SC2 skate by. You know what that makes you right? You can't apply the same standard that you did to every other game I listed because sc2 is a Blizzard game. I see you for what you are don't worry.

Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/s...hantom-menace/

this video is the most biased PoS I have ever laid my eyes upon.. "Everyone who disagrees with me is an idiot" attitude is so unbelievably annoying.

Yes, the movie sucks, but jesus don't act like a retarded kid that got its toys taken away because of it.
    You probably watched like the first 2 minutes. The people who made that video did it years after the movie came out, and they're not even huge Star Wars fans at all. They are movie buffs though, and the reviews they did are intended to be funny more than anything else.

I'm glad you also think the movie sucks, but frankly, there are grown adults who think that it does not (and have actually put a decent amount of thought into that point of view). Sometimes things are just bad, and sometimes those who unabashedly continue to like them regardless just have poor and/or cheap taste.

Bud Light is the best selling beer in the United States, afterall... This phenomenon is the entire point of the thread.

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimmy View Post

Bud Light is the best selling beer in the United States, afterall... This phenomenon is the entire point of the thread.
    Your not the first one to make that comparison and it fits in so many ways. I can drink bud once in a blue moon but it's definetly not something I could drink alot of or tolerate. Much like d3. I could log on for maybe an hour or so once a week and then probably not much more than that.

Your not the first one to make that comparison and it fits in so many ways. I can drink bud once in a blue moon but it's definetly not something I could drink alot of or tolerate. Much like d3. I could log on for maybe an hour or so once a week and then probably not much more than that.
    Actually, I made that comparison at least once before in a thread about Diablo 3, so maybe you're just thinking of me, lol.

Actually, I made that comparison at least once before in a thread about Diablo 3, so maybe you're just thinking of me, lol.
    Oh alright yea. I thought I saw it somewhere on the official forums to but it's definitely very apt. I guess if you have to drink beer drink bud but I couldn't stomach it and it's not stella artois. Of course someone is gonna tell me stella is french swill and I have no taste in beer but that mostly people getting defensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Bud Light analogies because they're so easy to make. I wouldn't call D3 a Bud Light, though - it's higher quality than that. Maybe a Boulevard or Fat Tire? D1 and D2 were definitely premium domestics - maybe a Shiner or a Sam Adams.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Most people "like" diablo cus they want so bad to like it.
    Lucky blizzard that can have that kind of fanbase.

Truth is tho Ive not had a single second of fun, enjoyment or interest in this game. Closest was maybe a bit running through the first game on normal.

After that its just been a boring geargrind for stuff to sell, swimming through the piles of shit gear that you get on inferno mode. Gear you could get just the same of at late hell difficulty. Diablo 3 should b named ACUTION HOUSE instead. Buy all ur stuff from exploiters who got lategame b4 hotfixes, while the rest is stuck getting oneshot at act 2 and beyond, getting shit gear for the trouble. Ive gotten 4 legendaries and 1 set item on inferno. Woopie, most can barely be sold for 100k, some unsellable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good but your immediate response was to bash every other game I listed and let SC2 skate by. You know what that makes you right? You can't apply the same standard that you did to every other game I listed because sc2 is a Blizzard game. I see you for what you are don't worry.
    You considered that bashing? I just pointed out that even games you like a lot have flaws and some of them I also think are good. Telling others that they have bad or good taste is a hypocritical stance when you probably like games that are not viewed as that good by others, too. I have so far made no attempt at telling you that you have good taste or not, while you have been giving your all trying to tell me and others liking Diablo 3 that we have bad taste. Really, the backwards logic here is mind-boggling, if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral View Post
    The OP makes a valid point but the Diablo fanbois just wont hear it,Diablo III is not even close to what is was hyped up to be and everyday you see people by the boatloads logging back into WoW business as usual,It's ok if you cant admit your long awaited game isnt what you wanted,we understand that it will take you time to finally admit it to yourself let alone your WoW friends.The majority of the ones playing D3 are pretty much cattle following the herd because thats what the rest of the "group" was doing.
    You can even look back in my post history and i called it once a twice that this game will fail bigtime because it wont live up to expectations.So carry on hardcore D3 fans i salute you for you will be the last and only ones playing a game that even you yourself question yourself daily why you even play it.It would be great if WoW actually did have some competition to push the devs even harder to keep the player base from dropping,but like we have seen year after year nothing can touch WoW and never will.

MoP says hi and looks forward to seeing you soon and hey look on the brightside all you annual pass owners...you got a really cool mount out of the deal!

World of Warcraft,Destroyer of MMO's since '04.
    So because some do not share the same "opinions" as you where some brainless zombies? I for one enjoy the game but that is "MY" opinion and I really could give two shits and a fuck about whether anyone else likes it. In the end it is all about me.

You considered that bashing? I just pointed out that even your games have flaws and some of them I also think are good. =
    And which game did you completely avoid pointing out flaws for? In fact you listed flaws for all the ones you had played EXCEPT for the one Blizzard title. I see you don't worry and I added sc2 in their to trap you on purpose. Sc2 is a great game but it's got flaws to and if the situation would have been reversed I would have listed them without being pressed about it. I guess I'm just more discerning and don't simply accept what the Blizzard teat is offering at face value...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Comby View Post
    Most people "like" diablo cus they want so bad to like it.
    or maybe it is that they have taste different fromm yours. I can agree with the points raised by TonyIommi and Bigtimmy and even the one I do not agree with I do think they're well thought.

But this line just shows the despicable attitude "i'm right and everyone else is a moron or brainwashed/fanbois" really is just insulting for people that are intelligent (not sure about myself ) but simply have a different view on things that are subjective.

I feel like arguing between personal tastes in games is just about the worst thing you could do. Everyone tries to change other peoples' views while being immovable in their own. Or something. Also DotA 2 is F2P.

10+ Year Old Account
    See but they have to double think about fixing the stats, because if gear starts to become decent all around then what happens to that economy they're responsible for? Unless they fix the randomization and compensate by making gear drop even less... It's not impossible to farm gear in this game it's just not very smart to do so and it doesn't feel as good as it does in other games like tl2 or even LoD. It's simply better to farm gold and buy it. That's by design and on purpose. Welcome to diablo 3
    Those badly itemized items are still of low demand, regardless. Only people who have no idea how to deal with itemization of their character would bother buying such items, as long as it is better than what they have, currently. Plus, the items can still be quite random without the need of having items with a ton of stats that do not work well with any class, so you have pretty much made the issue a black and white one.

Oh alright yea. I thought I saw it somewhere on the official forums to but it's definitely very apt. I guess if you have to drink beer drink bud but I couldn't stomach it and it's not stella artois. Of course someone is gonna tell me stella is french swill and I have no taste in beer but that mostly people getting defensive.
    Stella Artois is actually Belgian! A lot of Belgian beers have French sounding names, like Chimay, because those regions of Belgium speak French. (Also, Stella is probably the worst beer Belgium makes, off the top of my head, and is actually owned by the same company that owns Budweiser).

I also have an account on beeradvocate.com, but I digress. That's why I like beer comparisons, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Belgian beer lover, I can't help but correct this, Stella is Belgian actually
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Those badly itemized items are still of low demand, regardless. Only people who have no idea how to deal with itemization of their character would bother buying such items, as long as it is better than what they have, currently. Plus, the items can still be quite random without the need of having items with a ton of stats that do not work well with any class, so you have pretty much made the issue a black and white one.
    No not really. Yes the badly itemized items won't get sold but the fact is when they drop it's one less chance that something better would have dropped. If you begin replace those items with better itemized ones than they end up going on the auction house (as opposed to being vendored) and were back to the economy being "tanked out" alot faster than it was previously or they get used and all of sudden that guy doesn't need to use the AH for that one slot. In the end the AH get's affected by every decision they make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stella Artois is actually Belgian! A lot of Belgian beers have French sounding names, like Chimay, because those regions of Belgium speak French. (Also, Stella is probably the worst beer Belgium makes, off the top of my head, and is actually owned by the same company that owns Budweiser).

I also have an account on beeradvocate.com, but I digress. That's why I like beer comparisons, lol.
    It's far from the worst belgian beer, try sparta pils, it's what they usually serve in discotheques here in Belgium, it's goddamn awful
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    And which game did you completely avoid pointing out flaws for? In fact you listed flaws for all the ones you had played EXCEPT for the one Blizzard title. I see you don't worry and I added sc2 in their to trap you on purpose. Sc2 is a great game but it's got flaws to and if the situation would have been reversed I would have listed them without being pressed about it. I guess I'm just more discerning and don't simply accept what the Blizzard teat is offering at face value...
    Bah SC2 is a good game but not perfect. I do not play MP cause I do not like competitive game (I mainly play TD) so I cannot comment on how much the strategic part or if there's an evolution in tactics. The story is okeish and the game play is the same as ever, fast paced RTS style
    Seems to me that they wanted to point more to creating a platform for modding. It lacks excellence cause it has not brought much new into the genre or even into the franchise. I do like how the campaign is structured though.

Apologies. My knowledge of imported beer is not all that it should be. If it's not stella I'm drinking then it's usually Amsterdam Blonde or Canadian. Actually to be honest I've found local micro breweries make the best but I'm not sure it's possible to get imported micro brewery beer.