Page 1 of 20
... LastLast
    Deleted

You'll be able to dismount flying players in MoP in world PVP

I've wanted that for so long!

That guy who ran away and mounted at 10% health - no problem.
    That guy who farms mining nodes and steals them from you - again no problem.

And the outdoor bosses - i can snipe the healers on my hunter from stealth while they are in full PVE gear

And black market AH will be with no guards away form safe cities! So you can prevent the opposing faction from outbidding you by... killing them

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be A LOT of ganking at the BMAH XD

And I approve the dismounting flying mounts

It's changes like that which make me glad I play on a PVE server. Then again it would be kind of hilarious to see someone get dismounted by an enemy player only to have the person who dismounted them ripped to pieces... That i'd love to see! It would also be REALLY damn annoying if someone could dismount you off your flying mount and cause you to die from falling damage

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

10+ Year Old Account
    about time

I don't think it's a good idea.

Expect lots of whining guys who just want to get some quest done and they can't. It could bring more ragequits than ever.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

druids.... it will be AWSOME!
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post

And the outdoor bosses - i can snipe the healers on my hunter from stealth while they are in full PVE gear

And black market AH will be with no guards away form safe cities! So you can prevent the opposing faction from outbidding you by... killing them
    yeah, it's either a bug or (with enough whining) something that'll be changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    nooooooo, i shall be ganked more often . really wish my home realm wasn't a pvp one lol, but its my home .

and ya not being able to turn in a quest because some asshat feels like camping the spot.... thats called being a asshat not a pvper.
    I'd torture a thousand souls just to see her smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasriel View Post
    It's changes like that which make me glad I play on a PVE server. Then again it would be kind of hilarious to see someone get dismounted by an enemy player only to have the person who dismounted them ripped to pieces... That i'd love to see! It would also be REALLY damn annoying if someone could dismount you off your flying mount and cause you to die from falling damage
    Yeah, Boomkins used to do that all the godamn time!
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post

In other words, you like being an annoying jerk?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

Expect lots of whining guys who just want to get some quest done and they can't. It could bring more ragequits than ever.
    This is where I come in and say: play on a PvE server.

Deleted
    BMAH will be pretty fucked up...i mean i want my old naxx set :P hehe nothing against world PvP just you gotta bring 10 people just to bid an item :P

I'm on the fence about the whole dismount flying people thing right now. It may come in handy and may be fun but, on a server with huge faction imbalance, you can't even sit in the sky and be safe until the jerks leave the quest hub now?..

15+ Year Old Account
    Urgh, while I can see this as an advantage to PvP to stop a player you're about to beat fleeing by mounting and flying off, how is it PvP if you are a druid, dismount someone high up in the air, they die from fall damage and you just shift into flight form. How is that PvP? I can see the mass QQ and crying about this already and it'll probably get reverted...

Deleted
    Hell yeah! Looking forward to bringing some birdies down.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    In other words, you like being an annoying jerk?
    These things should happen 24/7 on such realms... PvP realms nowadays seem pretty pointless & dull.

p.s. if you are annoyed by getting killed/camped/laughed at by the opposing faction - then PvP enabled servers are not for you.Simple.

I was glad when they originally removed the ability to dismount players while flying, I got tired of mages/druids flying around specifically to knock people of their mounts and then they slowfall/re-flight form to keep themselves from going splat. This isn't even pvp, it's griefing people and making them take durability damage from falling.

Deleted
    Yes indeed. If I ever wanted to gank horde for whatever reason, I used Tol Barad, where everyone was resurrected fair way, and they even got guards to run to, if they couldn't really handle the situation. And the best of all, the zone was without flying mounts. If you won the fight you could farm, if you lost the fight, you could still farm, just had the enemies roaming around.
    It's so much better world PvP than some retarded rogue waiting for you completely invisible (lol absolutely no words on such important subject, but flying mounts are problem, right?!) or now with dismount possibly those stupid casters one shotting you because you fly?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

Honestly, then they shouldn't have rolled on a PvP server.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    I'm on the fence about the whole dismount flying people thing right now. It may come in handy and may be fun but, on a server with huge faction imbalance, you can't even sit in the sky and be safe until the jerks leave the quest hub now?..
    If it has a limited range (and they said it would) then you would still be able to do that.

---------- Post added 2012-06-05 at 01:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Urgh, while I can see this as an advantage to PvP to stop a player you're about to beat fleeing by mounting and flying off, how is it PvP if you are a druid, dismount someone high up in the air, they die from fall damage and you just shift into flight form. How is that PvP? I can see the mass QQ and crying about this already and it'll probably get reverted...
    They said that it will have a limited range and only be usable on the ground.

Does anyone actually read the announcement before posting?

To combat the druid thing they should just put a mount up cast time on druid flight form like they have every other mount in the game. only fair after all.

I'm personally looking forward to this if it makes it to live.
    When I was still on a pvp realm I loved world PvP and hated when people ran from my ret paladin and mounted up to fly away. :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Liljander View Post
    This is where I come in and say: play on a PvE server.
    This is where i come and say: After 5 years of zero difference between pvp and pve servers, people have their guilds and relations on pvp servers who don't necessarily like pvp.