Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    I expect the part during the revolution will be pretty biased towards the colonist's side. I figured that was a given. If they tried otherwise I expect they would catch all sorts of flak on this side of the pond. Sales impacting flak. However, I can see any of the game that takes part before or after the revolution being much more critical of the "revolutionaries." The character actually says that he is not interested in their revolution during one of the videos. He is just after the templars. Still, he was talking to a colonist at the time and the target was with the British.
    You have to get your info from someone.

Deleted
    I love assassins creed but i can't understand why an assassin would want to face an army on his own... Oh nvm didn't think of the counter attack ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    I love assassins creed but i can't understand why an assassin would want to face an army on his own... Oh nvm didn't think of the counter attack ^^
    well the way they did it made more sense then with ezio and te revelations trailer.

connor goes out and is pretty distant from the first shots, those guns are not accurate. he gets near a rock to help protect him when the 15-25 seconds it took to reload that rifle were up and survived the next barrage. before the next 15-25 sconds are up he runs up jumps over there heads, most of these men are not prepared, tired from battle already, and are not equipped for close range combat (except for maybe a few) which is why connor had an easier time and then he manages to get the leader while the americans charge back to occupy the british forces

TACTICS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthlet View Post
    You have to get your info from someone.
    I just figured it was common sense. The U.S. is a huge market and having the Brits be, mostly, the bad guys is the least offensive route to go. Seriously, why not have Connor be French and Native American instead of British and Native American? How many games did they have that "team of various faiths" blurb at the start? So it would appear that the developer is aware of certain "sensitivities." If there is a significant amount of content before and or after the revolutionary period, then that would make it more of a U.S. versus Native Americans scenario and I doubt they would even try painting the new "United States" in a very positive light in those parts of the game.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Narrated gameplay;

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luthlet View Post
    Narrated gameplay;
    Those are dangerous deer... Man, where do they get these people?

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    Well, they are half Those That Came Before, it's not like an army is a challenge for them. And I really need to think of a better name for that species. I guess gods isn't a correct term, and we don't actually know if they're aliens or not. An abbreviation perhaps? Ah fuck it, who cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Well, they are half Those That Came Before, it's not like an army is a challenge for them. And I really need to think of a better name for that species. I guess gods isn't a correct term, and we don't actually know if they're aliens or not. An abbreviation perhaps? Ah fuck it, who cares.

aliens! *transforms into ancient aliens guy*

they are ancient aliens! thy created us in their image!

also eagle vision seems to be one of their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    aliens! *transforms into ancient aliens guy*

they are ancient aliens! thy created us in their image!

also eagle vision seems to be one of their powers.
    Yeah, Eagle vision and Eagle sense are part of the 6th sense, which is some kind of genetic atavism. The 6th sense is also what allows someone to use a Piece of Eden, it's not just something any random schmuck can do. It also gives a resistance to their effects, hence why Altair was able to overcome it when he fought Al Mualim.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Another video to add to the list.

10+ Year Old Account

The same video as above my post put shows how the Wii U controller works with the game.
    I´m def getting the Wii U version.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

I am way more excited for this game than a person of my age and supposed wisdom should ever be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im really liking those special editions especially the Freedom Edition one. Anybody know the price for them yet? Im guessing for the Freedom Edition around $100-$125. As for the The Join or Die Edition im going to say $80.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

thanks for the videos and screenshots guys, keep the info coming!

Quote Originally Posted by Geminiwolf View Post
    Im really liking those special editions especially the Freedom Edition one. Anybody know the price for them yet? Im guessing for the Freedom Edition around $100-$125. As for the The Join or Die Edition im going to say $80.
    I pre-ordered it for €90,- (Freedom)

The figurine will look nice with my AC2 and AC:Revelations Ezio figurines

We have multiplayer footage. Wish they'd added a more traditional co-op mode though, with gameplay like in singleplayer

Possibilities are endless!

Deleted
    Is there anything new in it? Haven't seen anything new since assassin's creed: brotherhood and even that was much like the same old AC 2

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Is there anything new in it? Haven't seen anything new since assassin's creed: brotherhood and even that was much like the same old AC 2
    From the top of my head...

-They revamped stealth
    -You can climb trees
    -DW weapons
    -You can hunt wild animals

Think thats all the major changes I can think of.

I love the way the AC series plays. To me, it isn't about needing a new combat system but the continuation (ending?) of a storyline.

Hopefully this release does fix a couple of the little quirks that still existed in AC:R. but even if it doesn't I'll still be excited for this game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    From the top of my head...

-They revamped stealth
    -You can climb trees
    -DW weapons
    -You can hunt wild animals

Think thats all the major changes I can think of.
    Think there was something about buildings being more open too. So you can actually run through them while making an escape now.