Well airbending mostly isn't suitable for actually dispatching enemies. You'd need a wall or a cliff or something nearby and then push them into/off of it to do any appreciable amount of damage. It's more defensive and disruptive than offensive. It seems overpowered because it allows Aang to stay in the fight almost indefinitely but if it weren't for his other elements he'd almost never actually win any fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Torethyr View Post
    Well airbending mostly isn't suitable for actually dispatching enemies. You'd need a wall or a cliff or something nearby and then push them into/off of it to do any appreciable amount of damage. It's more defensive and disruptive than offensive. It seems overpowered because it allows Aang to stay in the fight almost indefinitely but if it weren't for his other elements he'd almost never actually win any fights.
    It is known that it is possible to kill with airbending, there is a good article in wiki.
    http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Airbending read up the "Weakness" part
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

So i love these series how long will AVATAR: THE LEGEND OF KORRA? last for and would there a third one?

Have a slight feeling Amon will come out and say he had nothing to do with the capture of Korra. That Tarlokk is up to something, and point out corruption in the bending leaders, someone is lying what happened to Korra.

I see some sort of anarchy soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Tenzin Requires pictures of Spider-Lin
    Rofl. We can even use the phrase "Spider-Lin out of fucking nowhere!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldrashan View Post
    Amon is Tarlokk, calling it now. He probably just wants to be the only bender alive and rule republic city.

I like the story more than the legend of aang (hurray for teenage girl avatars).

Are there written books about avatar since they always say book x chapter y when an episode begins?
    I'm not quite convinced. Tarlokk seems to be taking advantage of Amon and equalists to gain power, but not sure if he IS amon. He was pissed when korra said he was similar to him, so I have a feeling they know each other and how each acts and stuff but not the same person. Tarlok wants power and amon gone, and amon wants all benders to lose their powers.

I thought, according to the lineage picture that was brought up several pages back, that Bumi was a non-bender?

Edit: Dug up the picture, it was quite a few pages back!
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...CharaSheet.jpg
    True. So maybe he can't air bend but still gifted by being avatars kid and master of chi blocking. I feel like the "third eye" chakra gate which he targets can block chakra flow and stop bending.....there is some theory that this creates the "illusion" that you have lost your powers but it's not true. Dunno.....but Bumi and Tarlokk would prob be similar age growing up and could have had some rivalry......tarlokk using his bloodbending on him at an early age made amon/bumi see just how powerful and evil bending can be in the wrong hands and so wants to stop it.....along iwth whatever happen to that yakune guy.

I'm starting to get that the equalist aren't the disease, they're a symptom.

with korra's apparent inability to connect with any of the previous avatars i think there is something seriously wrong in the spirit world.

and i think i know which spirit amon learned the bending-blocking from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    I'm starting to get that the equalist aren't the disease, they're a symptom.

with korra's apparent inability to connect with any of the previous avatars i think there is something seriously wrong in the spirit world.

and i think i know which spirit amon learned the bending-blocking from.
    "Something about stealing the face of someone you loved"

10+ Year Old Account
    Highly doubt it's Koh. Even though he's angry about avatar Kuruk trying to slay him (he stole Ummi's face for a good reason) and he's always trying to steal faces, he holds no personal grudge against any other avatars...Koh eagerly helped Aang when it came to saving the ocean and moon spirits.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Highly doubt it's Koh. Even though he's angry about avatar Kuruk trying to slay him (he stole Ummi's face for a good reason) and he's always trying to steal faces, he holds no personal grudge against any other avatars...Koh eagerly helped Aang when it came to saving the ocean and moon spirits.
    Well while he holds no grudge against Aang or Korra, he does seem like the kind of spirit that would help Amon if it benefited him enough. Although I'm still not entirely convinced that it was Koh either. Like someone said earlier in the thread, when Koh steals a face he takes everything, including the eyes, which Amon clearly has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Well while he holds no grudge against Aang or Korra, he does seem like the kind of spirit that would help Amon if it benefited him enough. Although I'm still not entirely convinced that it was Koh either. Like someone said earlier in the thread, when Koh steals a face he takes everything, including the eyes, which Amon clearly has.
    Which is making me wonder, is Amon taking their bending away or is he absorbing their power perhaps?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Which is making me wonder, is Amon taking their bending away or is he absorbing their power perhaps?
    He's using fear, illusion, and maybe some blocking in their I'm guessing. I am fully assured that it isn't energybending.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldrashan View Post
    Amon is Tarlokk, calling it now. He probably just wants to be the only bender alive and rule republic city.

I like the story more than the legend of aang (hurray for teenage girl avatars).

Are there written books about avatar since they always say book x chapter y when an episode begins?
    That sounds like a shallow villain right there and this isn't your run of the mill saturday morning cartoon. I'm very certain that they are different characters/villains with different motives. How they are connected (besides what we know of right now) I'm not entirely sure but I'm positive they are not directly working together in any form.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    That sounds like a shallow villain right there and this isn't your run of the mill saturday morning cartoon. I'm very certain that they are different characters/villains with different motives. How they are connected (besides what we know of right now) I'm not entirely sure but I'm positive they are not directly working together in any form.
    The show is to well created for a screw up like that but I don't necessarily think they are exactly two extremes because as we all know even the extremes have something in common.
    Hey everyone

Korra cant contact the spirit world because it requires meditating and calmness correct?

Its the same reason why she cant learn airbending, and why contacting the spirits was so easy for Aang.
    Once she learns how to calm herself down contacting the spirits will be easier.

Deleted
    Im 100% sure to be hoenst tarrlok is not amon, they ARE related in some way but are not the same person.
    I said it once and I'll say it again and again, Amon is a misunderstood good guy.
    For the fact that korra cannot contact the spirit world, it has to do with the same reason she cannot airbend, she cannot focus/be calm

Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    Im 100% sure to be hoenst tarrlok is not amon, they ARE related in some way but are not the same person.
    I said it once and I'll say it again and again, Amon is a misunderstood good guy.
    For the fact that korra cannot contact the spirit world, it has to do with the same reason she cannot airbend, she cannot focus/be calm
    Yurp.

Calling it now, shes going to go Avatar State next episode. Or shes going to just relax (because theres not much else she can do) And contact Aang.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Yurp.

Calling it now, shes going to go Avatar State next episode. Or shes going to just relax (because theres not much else she can do) And contact Aang.
    I don't know about Avatar State, but I think she might make a connection with the spirit world... ofc if she has some "spirit change"
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

10+ Year Old Account
    You have to remember guys, the first time Aaang was able to "willingly" go into the spirit world was when he was in the most spiritual place in the water tribe and even then he only entered after being sort of entranced by the ocean and moon spirits

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    You have to remember guys, the first time Aaang was able to "willingly" go into the spirit world was when he was in the most spiritual place in the water tribe and even then he only entered after being sort of entranced by the ocean and moon spirits
    But Aang had contacted the spirits before. Korra hasnt D: