First build since 2005.
    Still working on picking up some replacement case fans. Debating going LED fans for my front intakes.

CPU - i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz
    Cooler - Phanteks TC14PE
    Mobo - Asus Sabertooth Z77
    GPU - EVGA 2GB GTX 670 FTW
    RAM - Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (2x4GB)
    SSD - Crucial m4 256GB
    HDD - Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
    PSU - Seasonic x760 gold (full modular)
    Case - Fractal Design Arc Midi
    Monitor - Dell u2711 27" IPS
    Keyboard - Corsair K90 Vengeance
    Mouse - Logitech G500
    Last edited by BruceG87; 2012-06-06 at 08:30 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceG87 View Post

CPU - i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz
    Cooler - Phanteks TC14PE
    SSD - Crucial m4 256GB
    Mouse - Logitech G500
    Similar to the build I'm working on, looks good. In my opinion though turn the PSU so you're showing the golden X instead of the ugly specifications tag

Depending on the length of the 8pin cable that might not be so easy, I had to turn my PSU that way around for it to reach without over-straining the cable to connector solder points, it really felt like if I were to pull any harder something might snap.

Deleted
    Fair enough, I thought the cables that comes with Seasonic were pretty long. Either Way assuming they're long enough I think it would look better turned around.

Mine came with a proper sticker on both sides, so I think it actually looks better that way around because you see less of the cables.

Bruce, that machine is ridiculously tidy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    AMD FX 8core 3.6Ghz, 2 Nvidia GeForce GTS 450's, 24Gb DDR3 Ram, 2 Acer X223w 21in LCD Flat monitors, Corsair 800D case with Corsair Hydro H60 series liquid cooler. NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Is this a computer you assembled yourself? There are... more than a few things I'd do different. Also, are you running 2x8GB modules and 2x4GB modules? I see no other way to achieve those 24GB of RAM (well, 3x8GB I guess).

In either case, pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    In my opinion though turn the PSU so you're showing the golden X instead of the ugly specifications tag
    Fan down or gtfo! :P

No, I agree that the gold X looks better, but I prefer to have the fan facing down. Functionality > aesthetics.

Deleted
    Afaik know there is no "performance" difference between facing "up" or "down", unless like mentioned already the cables can't reach.

And cables not reaching is a bit more of a performance drop than the degree or so temperature difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    And cables not reaching is a bit more of a performance drop than the degree or so temperature difference.
    unless like mentioned already the cables can't reach
    Did you read this part? If the cables can't reach then obviously you're not going to turn it around, unless you have extension cables...

Going off-topic now though, it was just meant as an observation/suggestion. The build looks great as is anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Did you read this part? If the cables can't reach then obviously you're not going to turn it around, unless you have extension cables...

Going off-topic now though, it was just meant as an observation/suggestion. The build looks great as is anyways!
    Well, I actually did have plenty of cable to work with but I still prefer the fan facing down for now. Perhaps I will explore that at a later date when I pick up my new case fans and have a need to pull off the back panel that is keeping my zip tie artwork hidden from the world.

Still not sure how LED's(White or Blue) fans will look in my case. Might just buy some fans and try them out and return if not satisfied.
    Last edited by BruceG87; 2012-06-06 at 03:34 PM.

Still not sure how LED's(White or Blue) fans will look in my case. Might just buy some fans and try them out and return if not satisfied.
    As an Arc Midi owner myself (albeit a modded one - click the link in my sig to see pics), LEDs would ruin the simplicity of the case, in my opinion... But, I might be biased, I'm against LEDs in almost every circumstance, I've only seen a few people pull them off (Voorhees83 being one of them).

Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    As an Arc Midi owner myself (albeit a modded one - click the link in my sig to see pics), LEDs would ruin the simplicity of the case, in my opinion... But, I might be biased, I'm against LEDs in almost every circumstance, I've only seen a few people pull them off (Voorhees83 being one of them).
    Been a fan of your rig since you started that build log on it. I share the same feeling regarding LEDs. That's why I was hesitant to begin with. I am largely against LED's as they generally don't look good with the rest of the system. Of course there are a few exceptions, but those are generally some expensive builds/mods.

More than likely I will just be purchasing some plain white, or white/black combo color fans that compliment the rest of the case. Have a few in mind, though they're not in stock anywhere atm it seems. When all is said and done, I think the only LED I wouldn't mind would be fan controller related.

Lets see how this goes. Also, mind the posters :P

i7 2600k with Corsair H100.
    Sapphire 6950 unlocked to a 6970.
    Corsair White 600t case.
    Corsair 850w PSU.
    Corsair Domminator 2x 4g 2100.

Just click the image for the original size.

http://imgur.com/15QFx
    http://imgur.com/nEkUT

First build since 2005.
    Still working on picking up some replacement case fans. Debating going LED fans for my front intakes.

CPU - i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz
    Cooler - Phanteks TC14PE
    SSD - Crucial m4 256GB
    Mouse - Logitech G500
    Admire your cable managment.

Please don't quote entire posts without breaking the image links.
    Last edited by mmoc7c6c75675f; 2012-06-07 at 10:50 AM.

Case: Fractal Design Arc Mini mATX
    MB: Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
    RAM: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3-1600
    CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz
    Heatsink: Coolermaster Hyper 212+
    GPU: MSI 560GTX Ti Twin Frozr 2
    PSU: Chieftec APS-550C 550W 80+ Modular
    Storage: Hitachi 1TB, Hitachi 500gb, Crucial M4 64GB SSD

Updated cable management and threw an ssd along with nice heatsink some time ago, just forgot to take pictures.

Aren't hard drives meant to go in the other way? ouo;

Aren't hard drives meant to go in the other way?
    this way i can easily reinstall them without removing sidepanel behind.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Aren't hard drives meant to go in the other way? ouo;
    Breaking the norm :P Actually doesn't look too bad like that.