this way i can easily reinstall them without removing sidepanel behind.
    Wow, I've never even thought of it like that Oo

This would be my first gaming PC and first time full build
    It was a budget pc, but I'm saving some money for a new gpu and psu.

i5 3570k 3.4GHz
    AsRock Z77 Extreme4
    EVGA GeForce GTS250 1GB
    Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB
    Corsair CX500 V2
    G.Skill Ripjaw 2x4 8GB 1333MHz
    Thermal Take V3 Black Edition case
    Thermal Take SpinQ Heat sink

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't want to tell people how to take photos...but it's really hard to say anything when people take super close-up shots instead of just 1 clear full-view photo with the side panel off. Libram and Theory did it, can't say anything about the cable management or overall look because all the photos are extremely close. Unless you really want us to be able to read what's written on your mosfets/capacitors :P

Note what Anb and Fiddycen did, now you can tell a LOT from a single photo like that
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-07 at 11:49 PM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    That's one of the reasons I only use one monitor, two monitors is just untidy. Not to mention, I never really used my second monitor when I had one, if I need a second screen, I normally just use my laptop.

That being said, I am toying around with the idea of adding two more U2412Ms around Christmas, make a NVIDIA surround setup.
    I have grown the same way actually. Both my old monitors are sitting on the floor next to me, not sure if I am going to take them to the dump or donate them since they still work perfectly. I decided to put my record player on my desk next to the monitor for now since I felt it was unsafe sitting on a plastic storage cart near my desk. It doesn't skip when the music is cranked either. If I had a larger desk, I would use 2 monitors, or if I could get the onboard working so I can use my second screen for non graphics intensive programs.

---------- Post added 2012-06-07 at 07:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Aren't hard drives meant to go in the other way? ouo;
    That's how I had my drives installed in my old Define Mini, now I have them put in the other way since the side panel actually has room for cabling on my 400R.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2012-06-07 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Don't want to tell people how to take photos...but it's really hard to say anything when people take super close-up shots instead of just 1 clear full-view photo with the side panel off. Libram and Theory did it, can't say anything about the cable management or overall look because all the photos are extremely close. Unless you really want us to be able to read what's written on your mosfets/capacitors :P

Note what Anb and Fiddycen did, now you can tell a LOT from a single photo like that

I'll have to bring my computer to a friends or something, my home has the worse lighting and the camera was from a DSi, so no flash :C

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post
    I'll have to bring my computer to a friends or something, my home has the worse lighting and the camera was from a DSi, so no flash :C
    No no I didn't mean the quality/lighting, that's alright because not everyone owns a camera. I was talking about the angle - a photo with the side panel removed that shows everything e.g. how Anb's shown it.

10+ Year Old Account
    any one know where to buy frontfan mounting screws for NZXT cases? i lost them 2 years ago.

This isn't the thread to ask questions like that, but the NZXT front fan mount screws are 6-32x28 (mm i would presume). You could look at local hardware stores or somewhere like performance-pcs.com or frozencpu.com

As requested. I figured this thread was more about the gaming setup and not the rig itself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Splendid, now we see everything! Mwhahaha.
    It is about the "rig" just as much as it is about the total setup (room/desk layout etc). I want to dive into that photo with a bunch of cable ties and tidy that up for you :P
    It's also got nice potential for a red theme since your mobo/gfx card already match.

Splendid, much better
    And yes it is about the "rig" just as much as it is about the total setup (room/desk layout etc). I want to dive into that photo with a bunch of cable ties and tidy that up for you :P
    :P Yeah it could be better. It was a lot better before I got my h100 which added 4 extra cords. The bottom cords slowly work their way back in over time from the back. I can push them back with ease, I just chose not to :P

Deleted
    Sneak peak (specifications in signature). I wanted an Asus or MSi GPU but the companies here are stupid and none of them were in stock even though they showed being in stock so I cancelled it and got the Sapphire card which was my second choice anyways and it saved me money.

Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2012-06-08 at 07:27 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Woo! Looking forward to some completed pictures, Notarget!

Deleted
    I won't clutter the thread with anymore pictures until I'm done, just this one of the heatsink, the thing is huge! It's awesome though. Had kinda hoped for the white and black version but I Couldn't get a hold of it here unless I paid like $140.

10+ Year Old Account
    In light of all of the recent pictures posted by so many folks, especially seeing how clean some folks' computers are, (looking at you Marest) I opted to do some summer cleaning, since my mom wanted me to anyways. :P Thus I spent a couple hours cleaning today, there's still some mess that you don't see I want to take care of plus I want to do external cable management at some point, but this is seriously an improvement, I guess I'll show a picture from before the clean up for easy comparison.

Basically did a lot of hiding/putting things away, dropped down to a single monitor and went back to just my two Samson Media ONE 3a studio monitors, because alone they both sound great, so I wanted to just make the desk look a bit more cleaned up. I also took the keyboard tray completely out since I only would use it to put random crap on and then the stuff would get pushed back and at some point fall directly onto my feet/the floor, heavy objects? Ouch. Plus I have a ton more leg room because of it and also because since I got rid of the subwoofer that goes with the Logitech speakers, I can stretch my legs more now! Yay! Also did some good dusting. :P

Less gibber gabbering, enjoy the shots.

Specs for those that don't know:

Computer itself:
    Cooler Master HAF X (hate it) with mostly new fans installed. (CM BigFlows and Xigmatek.)
    i5-2500K@4.4GHz (Being cooled by a Zalman CNPS9900A-LED)
    Asus P8P67 motherboard
    MSI Twin Frozr II GTX 560 Ti@950MHz core
    Matched Corsair XMS3 1333MHz RAM and Kingston HyperX Black 1333MHz RAM (16GB = 4x4GB)
    Asus Xonar DX Sound Card
    Crucial m4 128GB SSD
    WD 600GB Caviar Blue 7200RPM HDD
    Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HDD
    WD 1.5TB Caviar Green 5900RPM HDD
    Seasonic X 660w Gold PSU

Peripherals
    Acer S211HL LED back-lit 21.5" 1920x1080 monitor
    Shure SRH440 Professional Headphones
    Zalman clip-on mic
    Corsair K90 mechanical keyboard
    Razer Death Adder
    Samson Media ONE 3a studio monitors
    Toshiba USB 3.0 500GB E-HDD
    Last edited by DeltrusDisc; 2012-06-08 at 08:08 PM.

Much better, but you got some external cable management to do at your computer, but...so do I haha.
    Looking good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. ^_^ I will do it soon, I just wanted a break from cleaning and to enjoy my work. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    What did you do with the other monitor?
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    It is currently sitting on the floor in a corner where it will not get damaged. :P Same with the Logitech speakers, currently the Event TR5 studio monitor is hooked up to my keyboard as a mono out.