Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoloft View Post
    He's a very underrated and under used top laner. Even with all the nerfs he tookway back when he's still a amazing top lane and jungle.
    I played him around level 20 and found Jarvan to be nice but didn't play him for a good few hundred games. I recently started playing him again and am surprised by how strong he actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Where can Jarvan lane well? The only situation I can think of is kill lanes with Leona or something. He's pretty underwhelming at top.
    I think you're underestimating him. He can do pretty good up in the top lane, though he's not as strong as champions like Renekton, he's still not bad.

That said, is he really better in the jungle than in lane? I've been missing out then, need to try Jarvan jungle.

Irelia or Jax? Tough choice...anyone can give me their pros and cons ?

I'm currently playing Vayne as main and I sometimes change to Graves. But I'd love to give solo top a chance...the only characters I've played solo top this far is Akali (which I have bought), Riven (bought too) and Darius the last week coz he's free to play.

So which one should I get? Which one has the most potential in team fights and is more stable during all the game stages?

Also, I know Jax can be played as jungle, but I already got Lee Sin for that and I gotta say i hate jungling :P So yeah, question remains. IRELIA vs JAX...shoot me Thanks for the answers!

I always enjoyed playing Blitzcrank when I could. Is he really worth buying though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infernous View Post
    Irelia or Jax? Tough choice...anyone can give me their pros and cons ?

I'm currently playing Vayne as main and I sometimes change to Graves. But I'd love to give solo top a chance...the only characters I've played solo top this far is Akali (which I have bought), Riven (bought too) and Darius the last week coz he's free to play.

So which one should I get? Which one has the most potential in team fights and is more stable during all the game stages?

Also, I know Jax can be played as jungle, but I already got Lee Sin for that and I gotta say i hate jungling :P So yeah, question remains. IRELIA vs JAX...shoot me Thanks for the answers!
    Either are extremely strong. I'd say in this case it's down more to playstyle than anything else. Maybe watch a vid, stream or spectator game or two and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Squidknight View Post
    I always enjoyed playing Blitzcrank when I could. Is he really worth buying though?
    Yes. Very much so. But please, for the love of whatever god you hold dear, learn to land the right hooks.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-06-08 at 09:29 AM. Reason: //edit: dear != dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Either are extremely strong. I'd say in this case it's down more to playstyle than anything else. Maybe watch a vid, stream or spectator game or two and go from there.

Yes. Very much so. But please, for the love of whatever god you hold dead, learn to land the right hooks.
    Get that nonsense out of here. I'll hook Amumu or Leona and you'll damn like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Get that nonsense out of here. I'll hook Amumu or Leona and you'll damn like it.
    Had something similar to that happen to me once. Our Blitzcrank pulled an enemy Fiora to me as Ezreal while I was at low health. She ults and kills me. Mother fucker that Blitz was.

Best is when a Blitz pulls an enemy Fiddle with his ult up to their team.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw a nice grab the other day... Blitzcrank pulling an Ulting Nunu into their team. Triple kill for the Nunu.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blitz is the closest we will ever get to a hero with troll potential like in DotA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't underestimate Anivia, Jarvan and Trundle

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh right. "Helping."

I still want a champion that can directly interact with Allied Champions and their Positioning.

Ok, ok, ok. I want to throw some poor bastard over the baron wall.

Deleted
    Just change Lee Sin to be able to kick allies too. Surely a need to be able to punt Teemo at fleeing enemies to secure kills. Or into bushes to facecheck them for you. He is blind after all.

Deleted
    AD Carry is my favourite role, and I'm looking for another one. Doubting between Ezreal and Draven. Draven looks fun, but I'm afraid they'll nerfbat him soon, and Ez looks fun but I fear for his lategame damage. AP does look fun to do botlane though, but no idea if that works out in the whole/teamsetup.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybr1d View Post
    AD Carry is my favourite role, and I'm looking for another one. Doubting between Ezreal and Draven. Draven looks fun, but I'm afraid they'll nerfbat him soon, and Ez looks fun but I fear for his lategame damage. AP does look fun to do botlane though, but no idea if that works out in the whole/teamsetup.
    Early game draven is quite tricky, keeping spinning axe up is easy, last hitting is easy, doing both at the same time gets quite tricky, but once you get the hang of it, it gets quite fun .

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Oh right. "Helping."

I still want a champion that can directly interact with Allied Champions and their Positioning.

Ok, ok, ok. I want to throw some poor bastard over the baron wall.
    Why not a champion that deals high damage... to ALL targets in range of a skillshot? Allied, enemy and himself (its passive would work with that). If gold distrubution is a problem you could have the allies killed by it "Executed". -Sorry, didn't want the enemy to get gold for killing you. :trollface:

Deleted
    I'm wondering about buying a champion soon. I'd be grateful for some advice with a "why so" included I've got ranked 5v5 n00b-games in mind. Well we try, but we're definitely casual And I'd like to have something to counter whatever enemy team picks. I've narrowed my list to:

- Vladimir
    - Kog'maw
    - Karthus
    - Brand
    - Swain
    - Talon
    - Veigar
    - Malzahar

AP champions I already have (so it would be best to pick something to improve this pool ):

- Ahri
    - Annie
    - Cassiopeia
    - Lux
    - Morgana
    - Ryze
    - Soraka
    Last edited by mmoc54ae987777; 2012-06-09 at 11:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm assuming you're talking mid lane.

In which case, I personally wouldn't pick either Talon, Kog'maw or Veigar. While Talon can be a great counterpick, you seem mostly focused on Mages and Talon requires a different playstyle. Getting stuck in Top lane because someone else decided to go mid (no AP!) will get you into trouble as well. He could be a good addition, but not what I'd focus on for now. I see Kog'maw more as an AD sitting at bottom. He has nothing in the way of escapes and I feel he's too fragile for a solo lane. Veigar is just a personal dislike. Objective reasoning would be that he's just a very late game champion and will have a rough time in this game which get decided in the first 20-30 minutes.

Leaves us with:
    Vladimir, personally think he's a better top lane. He's a great pick and I'd advocate him for the same reason as Kennen: No mana which makes your jungler happy. Additionally, they'll both do top very well for a double WotA.
    Swain: Can shut down some of the more common mids, but more importantly: is a very strong pick against Darius. For that reason alone he's worth considering.
    Karthus: good pick. Just don't take him against enemy Soraka's.
    Brand: Personally think you already got enough in his vein with Ahri and Cassi.

Deleted
    @ Duiliath

Yep, mid lane. I actually tried both Talon and Kog'maw on their free week and I liked them a lot. But it was just normals and I usually AD Kog'd too, although I saw AP Kogs just omnomnoming people so that's why I wondered. Talon needs AP top, doesn't he? Is Mordekaiser up top enough to put Talon on mid?

I personally really dislike top lane. It's forever alone realm and usually when I'm there I'm reduced to farming while bot and mid are having fun :P

Hm, Vladimir makes me wonder - in a recent game, at level 1 or 2, his transfusion was taking 1/3 of my HP. I was absolutely defenseless. Why is that people say he is a weak mid? Because they do. A lot. I just googled some random topics and most of them said 'pass on vlad. overnerfed'.

Whom can Swain shut down from the common mids? I don't go top-lane in out little team, someone else does so Darius isn't really my problem (but mashed his face SO BAD on Morde he insisted on just banning the thing every game ;P).

Karthus I remember being fun to play, but also oh so tasty when it came to ganking. I kept dying to everything. That made me stop playing him on free week ;P Actually whenever I see Karthus in line today, I just harass him relentlessly and go for kills. Not to mention if there's a jungler nearby. He just can't escape Ahri or Lux and my harass range seems longer. Maybe just bad Karthuses. I don't know how a good Karthus plays, to be honest.

Hm, thanks for input on Brand. I guess I may just skip him if he's similar enough to those two.

Thank you for your post in general too, but I still don't know what to buy now haha ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking to get a new fun mage. Have a hard time picking between Ahri, victor or Orianna they all look intersting to me.

Deleted
    You mean Viktor (Виктор)?
    Everyone would love to pick being victor :d.