Without completing the missions on 3/6/10, no one on the team gets money. If that's not motivation enough to do an objective, I don't know what is.

I don't think a lot of people are complaining about not getting points for helping on objective waves, but if BW decided to add that in, I wouldn't have any complaints. Like Rhole said, those points are just epeen. You don't actually get more exp or credits for having a higher score.

You're mad that people don't guard you while carrying the objective. I'm actually more pissed off about all the bad carriers in my games. They race me to the objective always pick it up right before I get there with some STUPID class like a Phoenix Adept with 0 points in toughness. Then, instead of giving up the object to our sentinels or krogan vanguards, they walk a retarded path right into the middle of the enemy wave, like, "Hai guys! Ready to get this gang rape started?"

Deleted

Just finished the single player, I really want that indoctrination theory to be right D:

I'm hoping they add a new mode or modes in for multiplayer, would like more of an assualt type gameplay or something just to add abit of diversity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iyotanka View Post
    You didn't even bother to read the quote I had in my post, did you? I was responding to someone who complained that no one ever defends him when he picks up the package and he wanted more incentive to contribute to the objective. An area around the package that gave points to anyone contributing would solve his issue. The area need not be so small that everyone is easily picked off by a pyro or rocket trooper. It could be fairly large, even. Just so long as it keeps people from being a map away.
    I read your post. My point is that staying near to the person carrying the package isn't always the best way to defend the person carrying the package. If you make the "area around the package" super large you are defeating the purpose in the first place. For example fire base white as an infiltrator. It is far better for me to pick a choke point I can see the enemies that might come after you instead of just following with you to pick off any we might see. There have been plenty of times I've been carrying a package, or following with someone to defend them, and we encounter zero enemies. Because people were stopping them at a choke point and weren't even allowing them to get close to our location. The best defense in ME3 multiplayer is controlling the enemy along their spawn points or the routes from their spawn points.

How do we counter abuse though. If the package gives points, what is to stop someone from just holding it till time runs out to rack up "points". If it does credits what is to stop it with credits? If it gives some to people near they will just farm it until time is almost out and then drop it off. If its XP what happens when people are 20?

Its the same type of objective as hacking. It doesn't give points, but completing it faster gives more credits. And not everyone has to do it so while some people are helping the objective to be done one person could be out gaining a lot of points through killing people. There is nothing to counter with because it is fine as it is. No matter what you do people will always do stupid things and people won't play the game the way you think they should. The only solution is to play with friends or hope you get lucky with good players. Even giving an incentive is not guarantee people will think it is worth it as you don't always get 4 people hacking.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2012-06-09 at 12:00 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Hacking gives points.

Well, this is bullshit. I finally find the time to do some matches, and then the MP has turned into a piece of crap. For some reason I only get matched with hosts that have a latency of more than a full second......

And no, I can't host myself. It has never worked. No idea why. So I'm stuck playing with people on shitty connections.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Well, this is bullshit. I finally find the time to do some matches, and then the MP has turned into a piece of crap. For some reason I only get matched with hosts that have a latency of more than a full second......

And no, I can't host myself. It has never worked. No idea why. So I'm stuck playing with people on shitty connections.
    20 euros per game, i'll host for you.

Just got done hosting a Silver match so hopefully I've done my Commendation pack requirement now. lol

Lol, just need to start bitching about it in public and then the problem rectifies itself. Just had two awesome games.

Lol, just need to start bitching about it in public and then the problem rectifies itself. Just had two awesome games.
    That's always been my experience. I bitch about something to someone then whatever I was bitching about suddenly goes away. XD

Deleted
    I am going to assume you two are women.

Oh, please, men bitch more than women. There's just more chest pounding and bravado when they do it.

---------- Post added 2012-06-09 at 03:21 AM ----------

And, for the record: no, I'm not a woman.

Neither am I.

In more good news, I just unlocked the Reegar! This is gonna be fun to try out.

Neither am I.

In more good news, I just unlocked the Reegar! This is gonna be fun to try out.
    That's probably my favorite gun in the game so far. lol

Deleted
    Just had a very interesting game.
    Ran the silver challenge, all of sudden when wave 10 starts, the other 3 players leave, including the vorcha.
    No idea why they would do it. Hell we werent losing, i solod wave 10 and extraction.

Aaaand my game freezes. Awesome.

---------- Post added 2012-06-09 at 03:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Just had a very interesting game.
    Ran the silver challenge, all of sudden when wave 10 starts, the other 3 players leave, including the vorcha.
    No idea why they would do it. Hell we werent losing, i solod wave 10 and extraction.
    Lol, smooth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last night i was doing a match when all of a sudden the screen started going crazy like something went wrong with the graphics or something. It's hard to explain it but it would flash with these textures and i wasn't able to see where i was going. So i had to restart my whole system after trying different characters and backing out of a game and going back in. Has anyone else had this problem? I think its fine now but i never i had that problem before until this Mastiff mission started.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Not I but it almost sounds like your GPU was overheating.

*sigh*

I search for a Bronze match to test out the damn thing. I get in a match at Wave 2. I wonder why the enemies do so much damage, and proceed to spend most of the later waves face-down. We all extract, and it turns out I was put in Silver. Oh yay. At least I got my extraction with a Rebellion character, someone was a quarian male.

And the Reegar is AWESOME!

Deleted
    Reegar on a Vanguard is just endless fun. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Not I but it almost sounds like your GPU was overheating.
    Oh god i hope this isnt leading up to another RROD for me! It would be the 2nd one and the one i have now came directly from Microsoft after sending my first Xbox in to them for repair.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe