Legend of Korra is brilliant and fast-paced and very entertaining.The music score is very similar to KFP and Mists of Pandaria (see main theme).My only complaint is that the episodes are too short , but that seems to be the new style of TV Series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't ATLK episodes 23-24 minutes just like the ATLA episodes? I'm pretty sure they are. Well maybe ~30 seconds shorter due to the last bit of the videos being nick adverts, but still.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

What are you talking about? I don't think any such movie exists. I hear my friends talking about this movie too, but when I look it up all I can find is a parody with vague links to A:TLA due to similar names. I don't see how else it's relevant or related :/ it's like that movie called Dragonball something which had vague links to DBZ only via naming.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, I'm getting a little annoyed by Amon now. I guess he's a spirit? Or possessed/empowered by one. He's insanely agile, can resist bloodbending, and erase someone's bending...he's a bit ridiculous. Every episode is the Avatar team getting spanked lol.

Also really weird seeing the original cast as adults. Though...it was interesting watching Aang energybend Yakone...looked like Amon's trick minus the tattoo & eye lights (not as flashy or taxing as when he did it to the Firelord). Maybe Amon is some anti-avatar spirit or the original energybender or something. I give up trying to figure him out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    <snip>
    Wait I don't remember going down there :O

Quote Originally Posted by ijffdrie View Post
    Patrick Stewart would have been a better choice for the role of Katara, that's how bad the actress was.
    That's a good one, I can already see it:

There... Are... Four... Lig...h...Bendings!

Hmmm... I think Richard Dean Anderson would work well for a role of old Sokka.
    oh oh and Christopher Judge as Teal'c... I mean Toph.
    Last edited by Ascius; 2012-06-09 at 11:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    Aren't ATLK episodes 23-24 minutes just like the ATLA episodes? I'm pretty sure they are. Well maybe ~30 seconds shorter due to the last bit of the videos being nick adverts, but still.

It is indeed 23ish minutes and this is probably just me but I feel like Legend of Korra episodes end much much faster or at least I enjoy them more /shrug :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bavol View Post
    So, I'm getting a little annoyed by Amon now. I guess he's a spirit? Or possessed/empowered by one. He's insanely agile, can resist bloodbending, and erase someone's bending...he's a bit ridiculous. Every episode is the Avatar team getting spanked lol.

Also really weird seeing the original cast as adults. Though...it was interesting watching Aang energybend Yakone...looked like Amon's trick minus the tattoo & eye lights (not as flashy or taxing as when he did it to the Firelord). Maybe Amon is some anti-avatar spirit or the original energybender or something. I give up trying to figure him out.
    We shall find out in the final ^^ or.... next season :P haha
    I really dont konw what he is, but he is strong and I really like his character, I tought he was a misunderstood good guy, which is still is /ish cuzz he only took bending from mean guys, I hoped he would team up with the avatar tbh ^^ haha but I knew it would not happen.
    But in the sneak preview you see him taking bending from many many many people, so he definetly is the main villain.

What are you talking about? I don't think any such movie exists. I hear my friends talking about this movie too, but when I look it up all I can find is a parody with vague links to A:TLA due to similar names. I don't see how else it's relevant or related :/ it's like that movie called Dragonball something which had vague links to DBZ only via naming.
    I still can't decide which of the two movies was worse. On the one hand, dragonball: evolution had nothing to do with Dragonball. On the other hand, dragonball: evolution at least didn't have anything to do with the actual Dragonball.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duruka View Post
    Ah yes I forgot. The stories I heard about it was just a bad dream I had

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Ah yes I forgot. The stories I heard about it was just a bad dream I had
    Ooh, here's another nightmare for you: The movie made back twice its budget, so a sequel is possible.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ooh, here's another nightmare for you: The movie made back twice its budget, so a sequel is possible.
    M.Night Shyamalan = Causing more nightmares then Krueger

10+ Year Old Account
    eh, I doubt it. The movie was slammed by critics and fans alike. It certainly won't be as sucessful, because people won't expect much.

M.Night Shyamalan = Causing more nightmares then Krueger
    Maybe the sequel could feature Hayden Christensen as Long Feng and Kristen Stewart as Toph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the sequel could feature Hayden Christensen as Long Feng and Kristen Stewart as Toph.
    Oh nono. Hayden Christensen would be the leader of the sandbenders.

The finale comes out on my birthday AWWW YEEEAH

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

theory on amon's ease with blood bending: he is part mechanical like combustion man was (yes 2 combustion man refrences in one episode) thus he has less areas of his body with blood. My reasoning with this is the fact that sato was teamed up with the equalists and with all their technilogy it seems logical

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope they dwelve a little deeper into the realities of bending in this series. The reality would be that if you had a whole bunch of people who could manipulate the elements like that, you would also have countless criminals using bending to steal/terrorize/etc. Earthbenders can create and destroy geographical features to the point where one would think "wait, can't a single earthbender simply create havoc on all the roads, easily topple towers or even level a city just for giggles?" Well yes, it would simply take another earthbender to repair the damage but still we see none of that happen. A metalbender would have no issue robbing bank after bank.

I can see how they're tried to level the playing field with the police (almost all metalbenders) in Republic City.

Overall the biggest reason I respect the series so much is due to the STAGGERING number of events and story that occurs in each episode. While I would hate to compare this to typical anime, in the typical anime you will typically see extremely long and pointless conversations and the "boss battles" can take anywhere from 2-5 episodes, not mentioning the 20+ episodes of "mini-boss battles". It just drags on and on.
    Meanwhile in ATLK look at what happens in the very first episode (or 2 episodes joined) - Korra + 10 other characters are introduced, a bit of history explained, she travels to Republic City, joins the Fire Ferrets, does a whole TON of shit and yet it all flows extremely well.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-06-10 at 12:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðuracell View Post
    The finale comes out on my birthday AWWW YEEEAH
    According to the website I use there's 1 ep next week and then a double-bill the following week. Happy days ahead

According to the website I use there's 1 ep next week and then a double-bill the following week. Happy days ahead
    Happy indeed!

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman