Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Really what I would love more then anything is a second season, even if it was a near entirely different plot, so we could see how they evolve their friendships from the point of the end of this anime, or if any of the others ever remember what previously happened. I think if any anime deserves it it is this one. I'm just hoping the movie will be a continuation, somehow, instead of a remake or something different.

Edit 2: Also, one thing I am confused at is all the 2ch references. I keep hearing the fansubs for the memes are different from what they actually are (maybe because we wouldn't be able to understand 2ch memes not being Japenese?).. but if all the fansubs show the same meme, then wouldn't it obviously be what they are saying?

I only wish he told everyone everything about what happened in the past timelines, bit by bit, every little detail. Let them get to know what happened, what they all did, everything.. because I think they deserve to know. Even all the times they had died in however many realities. Other then that I was very pleased with how they did the special, really wrapped up a lot for me.[/spoiler]
    There's a movie coming out. Not a second season, but since it's supposedly not a redoing of the plot like the first two Madoka's are, there's a lot to speculate. Maybe something like Okabe's and Daru's terrorist organization against SERN in the future.

The meme they are using in the show is indeed an actual 2chan meme. Something about Death Note that us 4channers don't understand. When Kurisu first says the meme, she only uses a brief sentence but the subs were a good four or five lines. It's probably a fansub coalition or something. Every iteration likely isn't the exact same.

They all still have a vague sense of what happened. There isn't really any need to tell them, and doing so might cause them more distress than then not having a complete grasp on what actually happen. Or they just wouldn't believe it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    And awesome news on Chihaya, Synaia!! ^^
    hehe yea i normally type up news articles for AU but i feel doing it here would be too much as we don't have an anime section and not many seem to be interested in anime besides all the lovely regulars here.

so yea: Saki Achiga-hen will have 3 additional episodes, bringing it to 15 eps instead of 12.

i'ma love saki so i say yes to that.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Deleted
    I'm just happy to hear the news of it being on the way, Synaia.

Edit 3: Just watched the special. I love how they make the first half really fun and entertaining, but the second half was what I was looking forward too most. I kept thinking in my head.. "Talk about the other timelines! TALK ABOUT THE OTHER TIMELINES DAMNIT" and I was so happy when they did, even just barely. The last scene was amazing.

I only wish he told everyone everything about what happened in the past timelines, bit by bit, every little detail. Let them get to know what happened, what they all did, everything.. because I think they deserve to know. Even all the times they had died in however many realities. Other then that I was very pleased with how they did the special, really wrapped up a lot for me.
    I was actually unaware of the special until you mentioned it, just watched it myself, and I found it to be very satisfying and offered some of the closure which the very moving but almost painfully bittersweet ending of e24 didn't provide. I thought it was very sweet how they went back to the "Close your eyes." line. ^^
    I also loved dropping that they dropped, "But, he's a guy.", in there too. And the consequences of Okabe's maniacal rants abroad were lulzy, especially with Feyris humouring him and spurring him on as she always does (which is uber cute). Meeting Suzuha's mum was a nice revelation too.

One thing still frustrates me about the alternate timelines, and that's not knowing whether they continued to exist once Okabe reached the alpha line. I hate to think of all those Mayuri-less universes still spinning on out there. (It probably mentioned what happened to the other lines in the series, and I've just forgotten!)

Anyways, thanks for mentioning the special, I may have been left with my "Will they/won't they?" anxiety, if you hadn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    I'll take it then. I have several RL friends who are interested in it.
    ok ill pm you on MAL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    They all still have a vague sense of what happened. There isn't really any need to tell them, and doing so might cause them more distress than then not having a complete grasp on what actually happen. Or they just wouldn't believe it.
    I do think they would believe it, especially seeing as they remember things that he could connect to, and it being him and all. I do think they wouldn't be as distressed as you would think, because all of it would just be a memory to them, but maybe it is just for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    I agree with everything, the show is by far one of the best thriller/sci-fi I've watched. But you forgot about the amazing soundtrack.
    Kanako Itou <3
    I already have the opening and ending and the game opening. I've listened to the opening about 40-50 times already on repeat. 0.0

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    I'm just happy to hear the news of it being on the way, Synaia.

I was actually unaware of the special until you mentioned it, just watched it myself, and I found it to be very satisfying and offered some of the closure which the very moving but almost painfully bittersweet ending of e24 didn't provide. I thought it was very sweet how they went back to the "Close your eyes." line. ^^
    I also loved dropping that they dropped, "But, he's a guy.", in there too. And the consequences of Okabe's maniacal rants abroad were lulzy, especially with Feyris humouring him and spurring him on as she always does (which is uber cute). Meeting Suzuha's mum was a nice revelation too.

One thing still frustrates me about the alternate timelines, and that's not knowing whether they continued to exist once Okabe reached the alpha line. I hate to think of all those Mayuri-less universes still spinning on out there. (It probably mentioned what happened to the other lines in the series, and I've just forgotten!)

Anyways, thanks for mentioning the special, I may have been left with my "Will they/won't they?" anxiety, if you hadn't.
    Boy are you bad with specials or OVA's. You did the same with Another. D:

I to loved how they put in the tie backs to previous episodes, such as the close your eyes and "But, he's a guy" things. Okabe going to jail twice really got a laugh out of me too. Suzuha's mom made me extremely giddy.

I just try and not think about the timelines, thinking that there is no need to worry about the others, because the timeline [I]we[/I] are watching isn't any of those.

Now to watch the last episode of Upotte!! and the 9th episode of Legend of Korra. :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Arrachnea. We're in the guild moonflow always recruiting LOL(and not in the we're gonna be amassive guild way more in a we're an evergrowing friendly guild way).

I even got a nickname on the guild i am known as RIKACHU(my mains name is Rika) also my rank since i have so many alts LOL.
    Damn you people on Arachnea.

Deleted
    Boy are you bad with specials or OVA's. You did the same with Another. D:

I to loved how they put in the tie backs to previous episodes, such as the close your eyes and "But, he's a guy" things. Okabe going to jail twice really got a laugh out of me too. Suzuha's mom made me extremely giddy.

I just try and not think about the timelines, thinking that there is no need to worry about the others, because the timeline [I]we[/I] are watching isn't any of those.

Now to watch the last episode of Upotte!! and the 9th episode of Legend of Korra. :3
    I am really bad at remembering to check for OVAs and specials! >_<' Always serves as a pleasant surprise later on though!

Finished Asbobi No Iku Yo, totally ridiculous, but okay. Watching Mirai Nikki now, seems cool but the lead character is totally unsympathetic so far, which might work depending how the story goes (only on ep3 so far).

Deleted
    Last eps of Upotte!
    Was really nice, but sadly the only thing that keeps popping up in my mind after watching it is "Y U END NOW?!".
    The ending really does give off vibes of another season though, and i do hope it happens. Although after hearing theres only 3 volumes of the manga total, im wondering if its possible at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laylie View Post
    ok ill pm you on MAL.

Thanks man.

---------- Post added 2012-06-10 at 12:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Damn you people on Arachnea.
    Ya know server transfers are free right?

Also seems my copy of Madoka vol 3 LE shipped yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    soooo Casshern..... i love it

Steins;Gate's OVA was really good, so many amazing engrish moments.

Deleted
    Funny thing with today's episode of Fate/Zero with what happened in it and what date it aired. R.I.P Rider/Alexander (Alexander the Great (20 July 356 BC – 10 June 323 BC)

Just finished Highschool DxD! Watching Highschool of the Dead... Only other recent animes I've watched in years are Deadman Wonderland, and the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I tried watching Lucky Star, but that didn't go over well (I just stopped watching it, I might start up again). Any suggestions after Highschool of the Dead? Anything related (Or like) these animes would be pretty welcome, I don't know how to really find a new anime to watch. That's why I only watch very few over the years...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjsno View Post
    Just finished Highschool DxD! Watching Highschool of the Dead... Only other recent animes I've watched in years are Deadman Wonderland, and the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I tried watching Lucky Star, but that didn't go over well (I just stopped watching it, I might start up again). Any suggestions after Highschool of the Dead? Anything related (Or like) these animes would be pretty welcome, I don't know how to really find a new anime to watch. That's why I only watch very few over the years...
    mirai nikki is a great anime to watch it has 2 seasons(26 episodes) and actually ends

Quote Originally Posted by lisavan View Post
    mirai nikki is a great anime to watch it has 2 seasons(26 episodes) and actually ends
    I'll look into that show after Highschool of the Dead . Looks interesting from summaries, so I'll try an episode or two! Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ummm even if it's 26 episodes that still counts as one season ya know(or are you gonna tell me Cybuster or ANY gundam series are multi season hell even Digimon is broken up by season by it's cast/characters rather than episode number with each season having 40+ episodes) so yeah It's when it's split or is an actual sequel that it's 2. The fact is 26 and hell even 50+ episode series used to be rather common and were pretty much always counted as one season/series.

Also you get a faux ending in the anime. Dann close but not the real thing. I've heard that the dvds are gonna solve that though.

Deleted
    i use openings to count the seasons.every time the opening changes thats a new season for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjsno View Post

Tell us WHAT about them ya liked and we can help. When you've seen as much anime as some of us here have(over 510 series in my case) it can become quite difficult to recommend a series to someone without knowing more about why they like about other series.

Also look up the anime request thread you should find some reccomendations all set and just give us series ya like and the reason why for best results.

---------- Post added 2012-06-10 at 08:12 AM ----------

i use openings to count the seasons.every time the opening changes thats a new season for me
    Okay then cybuster is 26 episodes and one season(only one OP). You may wanna find better criteria. There IS a term in japan for such scenarios(they have a term for the 12-13 episode mark) however i sadly can't remember it. And yes even cybuster would be a 2 part of such scenarios.

Oh and under your own terms a 49 episode series like Digimon would again be one season. So yeah pretty ill defined way to judge the length/seasons of a series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Technically a new season is when it has been green-lit by the production company for the company making it to keep making new episodes because the ones they where allowed to make where successful enough to merit more episodes.

Even a 12 episode anime can have two ops splitting half way through, but it wouldn't make it two seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks man.

---------- Post added 2012-06-10 at 12:21 AM ----------

Ya know server transfers are free right?

Also seems my copy of Madoka vol 3 LE shipped yesterday.
    but you already guildy. D: