Quote Originally Posted by Bob Doad View Post
    I have a question about bending....every type of bending has like a special type:
    Water has Blood
    Fire has Lighting
    Earth has Metal
    but what does Air have?
    Maybe spirit is the extension of air?

If it hasn't been invented yet, honestly the only highly advanced form of airbending I could think up would be vacuumbending (creating voids in the air), or possibly some way of returning someone's 'last breath', essentially bringing them back to life.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

I have a question about bending....every type of bending has like a special type:
    Water has Blood
    Fire has Lighting
    Earth has Metal
    but what does Air have?
    It's not that every bending has it's secondary bending ability it's just things you can do with the normal bending. But yeah, Air can also fly which is a big advantage.
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanoran View Post
    In TLA bloodbending was a very powerful technique and pretty much the ultimate 1v1 technique (unless you're facing Katara or Amon obviously) but:

1) It could only be used during the full moon
    2) It required uninterrupted hand and arm movements that mimicked a puppetmaster (also true for most bending)
    3) As a consequence of #2, it follows logically that you should only be able to bloodbend 2 people at once. I suppose you could use your legs but waterbending has a heavy reliance on the upper body so I would be surprised if anyone bloodbended with their legs.

Now in TLK Yakone can all of a sudden bloodbend not only during the full moon but during broad daylight. He also bloodbent multiple people while his arms were bound. It also wasn't clear but I think he knocked out the entire crowd in the courthouse. Then Tarlok bloodbends 8 people at once when Tenzin and co. confront him. I just think it's ridiculous how overpowered bloodbending has become.

It seems like a symptom of what has been going on in TLK in general, where supposedly difficult and advanced/master forms of bending are now commonplace. I can understand metalbending because it doesn't seem like there was an abundant amount of metal in the Earth Kingdom before the 100 Year War so nobody really needed to bend it. Therefore it's obviously not a ridiculously difficult technique to perform, simply a new one. Chiblocking is also just a fighting style so that makes sense. The ones I cant make sense of are the overpowered bloodbending and lightning generation. According to Iroh lightning generation requires inner balance as well as a master level grasp of firebending, yet in Republic City generating lightning in a factory seems to be a relatively common blue collar job. When it goes from an epic technique that only members of the Fire Nation family are seen using to a common worker job it makes it less epic.
    About bloodbending during a full moon only.. No, Katara used it without a full moon during the episode where she was trying to get revenge on the person who killed her mother. So, that is out almost immediately as a 100% requirement for use.

As far as lightning and bloodbending. There's been 70+ years since the techniques have been out. It stands to reason that during that time they may have become much easier to learn and master.

Deleted
    Hmm... am I the only one who thought that Tarrlok's actions could very easily end up... kinky?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    About bloodbending during a full moon only.. No, Katara used it without a full moon during the episode where she was trying to get revenge on the person who killed her mother. So, that is out almost immediately as a 100% requirement for use.

As far as lightning and bloodbending. There's been 70+ years since the techniques have been out. It stands to reason that during that time they may have become much easier to learn and master.
    I do not have TLA on my pc anymore but I cannot recall that, I tought she just waterbended him to shit, she was about to pierce him with a thousand shards and then she dropped them because she could not kill such a "miserable living being"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    According to the website I use there's 1 ep next week and then a double-bill the following week. Happy days ahead

I wonder why the will release two episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsage View Post
    I wonder why the will release two episodes.
    I'm guessing a part 1 and 2 affair

Water has Blood
    Fire has Lighting
    Earth has Metal
    but what does Air have?
    Energy would be a good answer here.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

I asked this myself a lot of pages ago (the vacuum thing for airbending) and have to say they're already doing it, the airscooter would be a vacuum since he makes the air spin around. This velocity should make the rest of the air move aswell and create a vacuum in the middle.

Imo Amon isn't the bad guy, I think he has a "blue demon/devil Zuko" thing going on and will turn. Also Aang discovered his ability after the sealionturtle showed him how to do it. Wouldn't it be possible for something similar happening to Amon?

How Amon is able to avoid bloodbending, imo it's due to his power being able to divert bending away (That's how it was portrayed when Aang took away the firelord's bending with the beam's coming out of him), the theory that he's part cyborg seems weird since all automated/moving parts use hydraulics/steam which can easily be bent by waterbenders.

Also water has 2specialties: healing and bloodbending both are rare and we know that Kora can heal and that it's still "uncommon", in a magical plot twist Katarra will learn Kora how to bloodbend to arm her vs the bad guys

For air specialty I'm thinking about atmospheric pressure. Lighting is strong vs water/metal, bloodbending is strong vs everything, metal is strong vs water/fire and presure is strong vs everything due to being able to "drop" projectiles
    P.S. (is it saturday yet? )
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-06-10 at 02:20 PM.

Deleted
    Water has Blood
    Fire has Lighting
    Earth has Metal
    but what does Air have?
    The most logical, to me, would be sound.

Sound can't travel in a vacuum (ie. no "air" per se, so an element of airbending would, in a sense, be required to "soundbend"), can be manipulated through varying air pressure. In terms of uses - well we have sonic/ultrasonic weapons. There's the potential with them to practically melt a persons insides / shatter a vehicle through resonance. A sonic boom can deafen/disorient etc etc. All in all, sound could be a very dangerous thing, depending on how it's manipulated.

That's my point of view on it at least.

Why does every bending art need a speciality? Hell, there already is more than one speciality for many of the bending arts. Water has healing and plantbending, fire has shown heatbending, earth also has sandbending. With the exception of healing and maybe lightning-bending, the specialities are just new applications of already existing bending arts.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's going to be like pokemon...for each season 4 new bending types are discovered ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm done speculating Amon, there is a lot we still obviously don't know about him.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I'm done speculating Amon, there is a lot we still obviously don't know about him.
    Could not agree more.

I think Amon resisting Tarlokk's bloodbending is heavily related to the chakras. In the episode you can see Aang break free from Yakone's bloodbending by going in to the avatar state, which entirely utilizes the unlocked chakras.

If Amon developed such an advanced chi-blocking technique as removing one's bending permanently, it would make sense for him to have unlocked some, if not all the seven chakras.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2012-06-10 at 04:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    man, i really need to re-watch the original series. i completely forgot about anything blood-bending related in it and alot of the chakra stuff. i feel a bit out of the loop lol

Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    man, i really need to re-watch the original series. i completely forgot about anything blood-bending related in it and alot of the chakra stuff. i feel a bit out of the loop lol
    Go watch Book 3 Episode 8, great episode and explains bloodbending for the first time.
    Playing since 2007.

Deleted
    Nice episode. :O

And does anybody else find Meelo to be hilarious. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    I finished rewatching it last week, and it is still as great as I remember, and I still got that shitty feeling when it ended .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Nice episode. :O

And does anybody else find Meelo to be hilarious. :P
    "its 6 in the mornin, this bettah be impotant!"xD whahaha