Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    "its 6 in the mornin, this bettah be impotant!"xD whahaha
    Haha, even his earlier jokes and stuff. :P Be the leaf!

Deleted
    Tbh I love all of Tenzin's kids, they are awsome xD

Deleted
    Tbh I love all of Tenzin's kids, they are awsome xD
    Yep, I forgot the girls are damn funny too.

I do not have TLA on my pc anymore but I cannot recall that, I tought she just waterbended him to shit, she was about to pierce him with a thousand shards and then she dropped them because she could not kill such a "miserable living being"
    Not that guy, the one who was commanding Southern ships when she went on the ship w/ Zuko.

Looks like I may have been mistaken though. I can see it was night time when they boarded the ship.

Book 3, chapter 16 --- 15:52-17:35, no moon visible during entire shot.
    Last edited by Fudge; 2012-06-10 at 08:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    why oh why are there only 11 episodes this season, the regular avatar has 20+. I can't wait until season 2 starts, maybe she will airbend in the finaly and beat amon with it. This chapter is called air for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddyhuge View Post
    The most logical, to me, would be sound.

Sound can't travel in a vacuum (ie. no "air" per se, so an element of airbending would, in a sense, be required to "soundbend"), can be manipulated through varying air pressure. In terms of uses - well we have sonic/ultrasonic weapons. There's the potential with them to practically melt a persons insides / shatter a vehicle through resonance. A sonic boom can deafen/disorient etc etc. All in all, sound could be a very dangerous thing, depending on how it's manipulated.

That's my point of view on it at least.
    I always wondered why Aang never airbended all the air someone was breathing. That would be a quick knock out for anyone or anything as long as it is alive and breathing!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonic View Post
    why oh why are there only 11 episodes this season, the regular avatar has 20+. I can't wait until season 2 starts, maybe she will airbend in the finaly and beat amon with it. This chapter is called air for a reason
    Its the season, its because the first TLA was also air, she is mastering it, doesnt mean she will JUST learn it, it means she gets the basics atlesat.
    Also the normal avatar had 16 if I recall.... not 20+

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    I always wondered why Aang never airbended all the air someone was breathing. That would be a quick knock out for anyone or anything as long as it is alive and breathing!
    I think it would be similar to bloodbending in the fact that it's very cruel. I mean he would basically make them suffocate to death. Seeing as how Aang is a pacifist I doubt he would do something that cruel.

---------- Post added 2012-06-10 at 04:18 PM ----------

Its the season, its because the first TLA was also air, she is mastering it, doesnt mean she will JUST learn it, it means she gets the basics atlesat.
    Also the normal avatar had 16 if I recall.... not 20+
    Seasons 1 and 2 had 20 episodes and Season 3 had 21 with the 4 part finale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I'm done speculating Amon, there is a lot we still obviously don't know about him.
    Agree. I just think Amon isn't as powerful as some people portray him. Doesn't matter if it's Koh, Aang or Suki and Sokka's son.

Remember in TLA the main bad guy was Ozai and he wasn't really special. Sure he was a master at firebending and with Sozin's comet his power grew tenfold.

So yeah I wouldn't think Amon is this godlike pseudo-avatar or something. He may just be a normal guy that know some secret stuff.
    Black Lives Matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this was mentioned, but the only reason Blood Bending was done during a Full Moon is because it made the water bender stronger to allow them to use it more effectively / easily. There was no other reason.

The original Blood Bender did it on mice, and then on a person, without the use of a Full Moon (?). The Full Moon just made it easier to use.

I think a more interesting technique, and terrifying, is the one that leeches water from plant organisms. How long before someone gets psychotic enough to start leeching water from people?

As for my Amon theory, there isn't enough evidence to allow you to guess a person. It could be anyone, and a mask, especially in that technological age, could easily conceal a voice. He gave so many nostalgic references that he could be just about anyone.

He could be just a product of some kind of negative force opposite of the Avatar because of how technology and bending has evolved. Bending and technology might be getting too far advanced, and a new balance was created inadvertently, or purposefully, to assist in maintaining the balance. As a loose reference, what happened in Final Fantasy X.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    I think it would be similar to bloodbending in the fact that it's very cruel. I mean he would basically make them suffocate to death. Seeing as how Aang is a pacifist I doubt he would do something that cruel.

---------- Post added 2012-06-10 at 04:18 PM ----------

Seasons 1 and 2 had 20 episodes and Season 3 had 21 with the 4 part finale.
    Mhm guess it felt much shorter then, its been a while since I watched them thou.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootandkill View Post
    Judging from the fact that bloodbending usually requires the full moon just for the power you need, my guess is that it is hard to bend something that is inside a person for some reason. Since airbending has no power-up periods, they can't do it.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Deleted
    Anyway im off to sleep! DONT YOU DARE SPAM 5 PAGES FULL OF THINGS AGAIN!
    Everytime I am online barely anything happends, but when I go to sleep and get back from school the next day there is like 5 new pages!
    Don't you dare! xd

Anyway im off to sleep! DONT YOU DARE SPAM 5 PAGES FULL OF THINGS AGAIN!
    Everytime I am online barely anything happends, but when I go to sleep and get back from school the next day there is like 5 new pages!
    Don't you dare! xd
    But it's fun to discuss academic speculation on LoK.

Avatar State makes a re-appearence in season finale. Calling it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaderick View Post
    Messed up blood? Creepy voice? Over-ambition of ordinary humans? Messing around with spirits and energy?

Guys Amon is... Zoltun Kulle!
    He's everywhere!!
    Well considering Steve Blum does both voices of those characters, you ARE correct in one fashion.

Hell, Amon could be Starscream for all we know ><
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    Well considering Steve Blum does both voices of those characters, you ARE correct in one fashion.

Hell, Amon could be Starscream for all we know ><
    Vote Starscream for president of Republic City! I'm in!
    Darn you MMO forums! I was supposed to be sleeping:<!

Deleted
    Just speculation here but did anyone else notice that Yakone had that amulet on his chest? It could be a chunk of moonrock which gives him the extra juice needed to bloodbend.

The whole "he's special" thing feels like a cop out.

Gotta say, I'm a bit upset at the length of the season as well. 10 episodes or w/e is extremely short compared to the 20 for TLA, but they seem to have less individual lessons than TLA did. Each one of those could've been a stand alone episode, where these really require the sequence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudge View Post
    Gotta say, I'm a bit upset at the length of the season as well. 10 episodes or w/e is extremely short compared to the 20 for TLA, but they seem to have less individual lessons than TLA did. Each one of those could've been a stand alone episode, where these really require the sequence.
    They did not want to repeat the whole process of learning ALL the elements, thats where the episodes came from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenfield View Post
    In a scientific study yes, wiki is not a source. Wiki article could be considered lowest possible form of a study, based on multiple sources.

Still, shouldn't Aang have reached 82 and not 66?