Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Sometimes it's quite nice, but when your AD carry buddy is horrible it really sucks. To solve that problem I just have one of my real life buddys take the AD roles, since I can communicate better with them and I trust that they know what they are doing. I mostly play support Taric, but I also enjoy playing half-supportish Shen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mest View Post
    Other than jungling, supporting is the most fun to play in laning phase. A good support who disrupts enemy farming, knows when to harass and how to ward can easily push enemies out of their lane and win bot lane for your team.

For late game the role obviously varies depending on the champion but most support champions can make great plays because of how their abilities work.

I'm not sure why people find supporting boring. Seriously, whenever somebody says they "don't want to" or that "it's boring" all I can think is that they have no idea what a support actually can and should do.
    I find support boring because I feel that I have a low amount of gold, I must be careful not to take killing blows although with the damage you have that isn't too hard, you are the main responsibility for wards. I think that's it. :O And maybe you take alittle more harassment when things are going bad too.

Deleted
    Yes , I do. But mostly people don't know how to play with support that's why I don't do it (even if I would like to)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    I find support boring because I feel that I have a low amount of gold, I must be careful not to take killing blows although with the damage you have that isn't too hard, you are the main responsibility for wards. I think that's it. :O And maybe you take alittle more harassment when things are going bad too.
    But most of the time the support is the one who is setting up kills. The ad carry is just attacking minions and and sometimes presses right-click on enemy champions, while the support is the one interacting with enemy champions all the time. Of course a bad support will just stay in the bush and wait for the game to finish, but the good ones will make something happen all the time.

But yeah, sometimes you get an ad carry partner who just can't do anything and then you are like "attached to another plane, wrapped helically around an axis."

Deleted
    In my experience I don' need as much gold as other roles but I play with gold runes and masteries.
    Helping the AD getting the kill gives me the same satisfaction as the kill itself.
    U mean harassment/flaming from teammates or enemies?

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Philo stone + heart of gold/Kage's = lotta gold in early game. Late game you just support the team fights and the assist money will roll in.

I've only enjoyed playing support as Soraka or as Kayle when I play her as a support for my ad carry though.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by bennyrosso View Post
    In my experience I don' need as much gold as other roles but I play with gold runes and masteries.
    Helping the AD getting the kill gives me the same satisfaction as the kill itself.
    U mean harassment/flaming from teammates or enemies?
    I ment my teammates.

Deleted
    I hate stacking Gp5 items and I feel weak. I usually play as a Lux/Morgana if I even consider going in a support role.

I quite enjoy Lulu as a character, but support experiences can vary a lot and it's down to laning with someone else. I much prefer to solo lane, unless I'm playing with a friend.

I do, especially with Lulu. However, I had games where they call me "useless", "not doing my job", and "running away" because they're getting faceroll'ed by the opposing team even when I blow my CDs at the right moments. So I recommended playing support if you have a premade or a friend that's willing to duo queue you with an AD carry.
    My General Gaming Blog *Latest Updated: 9/25/14*

I kinda get the feeling you guys get, that you feel weak without items, but remember that supports and their skillsets makes up for it, plus you get gold really fast through runes/GP5 items.

Also, sometimes I play games where I'm Taric and with a friend who plays Graves. It's a pretty deadly combo, but the other day, he had a bad time and died constantly against an AP Shaco and someone else. We'd get Shaco low, Graves dies and then Shaco hangs around so I eventually get the kill on him. This happened about 3 times. I don't know what's more sad, that Graves managed to die that often and only getting assists, or Shaco just offering himself on a silver plate to a SUPPORT.

Anyway, point is, supports can FEEL useless, but it's like with all other roles; train, get better, carry your team. Though that's hard as passive supports, play something like Nautilus and you won't have much trouble at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    I kinda get the feeling you guys get, that you feel weak without items, but remember that supports and their skillsets makes up for it, plus you get gold really fast through runes/GP5 items.

Also, sometimes I play games where I'm Taric and with a friend who plays Graves. It's a pretty deadly combo, but the other day, he had a bad time and died constantly against an AP Shaco and someone else. We'd get Shaco low, Graves dies and then Shaco hangs around so I eventually get the kill on him. This happened about 3 times. I don't know what's more sad, that Graves managed to die that often and only getting assists, or Shaco just offering himself on a silver plate to a SUPPORT.

Anyway, point is, supports can FEEL useless, but it's like with all other roles; train, get better, carry your team. Though that's hard as passive supports, play something like Nautilus and you won't have much trouble at all.
    I've never done any math on it, but with GP5 runes and items do you reel in as much as someone who is farming creeps?

Deleted
    it's like playing tank in wow you can fuck up lots of times and it will not be noticed.

I enjoy playing a support because there is a wide range of viable choices depending on what your team needs. You can play a squishier character like Sona if your team doesn't have that much CC for team fights or you can play a tankier role like Nautilus (who also has amazing CC) if your team doesn't have one.

I also think that the support is the manager of the team in a sense. I know this doesn't really apply to ranked games but I only play normal so I keep track of the dragon timers n such and I think being able to help out other people rather than trying to get the most kills is a lot more fun in a strategy based game like this one.

I own most of the champs that could be considered support and my favorite are Sona and Nautilus. I can't tell you how many first bloods I've gotten from Sona's passive where the enemy just lets me walk right up to them and take out half their health.

Deleted
    I've never done any math on it, but with GP5 runes and items do you reel in as much as someone who is farming creeps?
    no, you do not. but it doesn't matter now does it?
    you're saving gold for: buying wards, oracle & some core items such as shurelya's.

...that's it. the rest you bring is support abilities (cc mainly) that doesn't need to scale to do more damage and you don't need to get tankier as you're hiding at the back of your team and if they're focusing you first they're doing a bad job to start with.
    remember the idea of having a support is so your carry can focus on farming/dominating the lane 110%, i.e putting the minion farming on each lane down to one person only.

Quote Originally Posted by adimaya View Post
    no, you do not. but it doesn't matter now does it?
    you're saving gold for: buying wards, oracle & some core items such as shurelya's.

...that's it. the rest you bring is support abilities (cc mainly) that doesn't need to scale to do more damage and you don't need to get tankier as you're hiding at the back of your team and if they're focusing you first they're doing a bad job to start with.
    remember the idea of having a support is so your carry can focus on farming/dominating the lane 110%, i.e putting the minion farming on each lane down to one person only.
    You are right, but it is just the feeling of being poor, or having to spend it all on wards and/or oracle that isn't very fun.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are right, but it is just the feeling of being poor, or having to spend it all on wards and/or oracle that isn't very fun.
    Then don't play support? That's no different than playing an AD carry and complaining that you're the only one with high k/d ratios.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiracle View Post
    Then don't play support? That's no different than playing an AD carry and complaining that you're the only one with high k/d ratios.
    That's exactly why I don't play support. >.<

Deleted
    With friends, yes. With randoms, no.

To each their own. Clearly, we're not going to be able to convince you to play traditional support.
    A traditional support will typically have the least gold on their team, relying on GP5 items and quints to get cash. The trick is to support with champions that have the utility to not need the damage or survivability of massive items like other champions--- get get your core few, and then ward. Because warding wins games.

Personally, I love support-- I play it almost exclusively. I find it very low-stress and enjoyable. I don't have to worry about last-hitting, I know I can do my job, and do it well, and I know I'm not capable of carrying a game if my team fails. It means, even if I lose a game, as long as I performed well, I can come away happy with the outcome. So what if my carry sucked balls? If I did everything I could and he didn't follow through, that's not my fault. If I warded tribush and river, and we saw the gank incoming, and he didn't leave even though I pinged it and gave him my speed boost on Sona? Not my fault, I did my job perfectly.

Playing support keeps me from getting frustrated at the game and at losses, it is by far my favorite role, and I've been told by many carries that I'm quite good at it.

It is usually a pretty thankless job, though, and it's not for everyone. A lot of people don't enjoy it, but that doesn't mean that it's a terrible role or objectively not fun.