10+ Year Old Account
    Well it actually as an overall theory pretty damn smart. Look at what Kyoshi did with Dai Lee, she created them to help protect the city but they turned corrupt in the end.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Well it actually as an overall theory pretty damn smart. Look at what Kyoshi did with Dai Lee, she created them to help protect the city but they turned corrupt in the end.
    Yes, but people still know Kyoshi created the Dai Li. Considering Aang saw the problems the Dai Li caused first-hand, why would he create an even more secret police?
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
    Well, people totally skipped over my theory so I will repeat it again here.....I think Amon is someone who was chosen by Aang to be sort of a "police" over people when he was gone, either to keep evil benders in check, maybe Zuko if he went evil, or the next Avatar if he becomes corrupt.

Quote about "energybending" on the wiki: "The capabilities of energybending are not well understood; what is known is that bending a person's life energy can impart them with knowledge instantly or remove one's bending completely."

So Aang has the power to grant knowledge to someone if he wants, awakening their inner spirit bending. Amon prob knows both chi blocking as well as just an energy bender.....so far he has only targeted benders who abuse their powers so it sounds like he is still kinda good.

I def don't think Amon is Aang, or anyone too old. He is prob under 40yrs of age....and might even be a girl lol. I still think he's Bumi since as the son of an Avatar he is prob gifted.
    Amon can't be Aang. The only way a new Avatar is born into the world is when the previous one dies.

When have we seen (in show) "energy bending" granting someone knowledge/power? AFAIK it's only ever been used to remove bending from people. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, as I haven't watched the original in a while) Edit: I suppose you could see it as when Aang learned about Energy Bending? That could technically be when we've seen energy bending impart knowledge onto someone.

I really don't think Amon was chosen by Aang whatsoever. I don't think Aang would have "chosen" to give that ability to someone outside of his family. (if energy bending can even impart people with knowledge) What is the "knowledge" that is granted anyways? It isn't too specific; couldn't it just be all that is known by the Avatar as opposed to granting the ability to bend?

Amon has not only targeted people who were abusing their powers. He removed the ability to bend from police force members who were under the command of chief Beifong at the time. He was attempted to remove Bolin's bending, but was stopped by Korra and Mako.

Overall, I just don't think your theory holds much weight as is. My guess is that we'll find out how Amon came across the power to "energy bend" (could his power just be a much, MUCH more advanced form of Chi Blocking?) in the final few episodes. We should also get some form of closure to the "Amon" arc, unless they plan on making him the main protagonist like they did with the Fire Nation in the original.
    Last edited by Catharlex; 2012-06-13 at 01:48 AM.

I think he is just doing the same variety of energybending as Aang did in the sereis finale. Remember what the lion-turtle told Aang--before there was elemental bending there was only energybending. It's a lost art and not necessarily tied in any way to the Avatar. The whole world used to be able to do it and I suspect Amon simply found the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Catharlex View Post
    Amon has not only targeted people who were abusing their powers. He removed the ability to bend from police force members who were under the command of chief Beifong at the time. He was attempted to remove Bolin's bending, but was stopped by Korra and Mako.
    I was actually siding with Amon because up till that point he had only punished those who were abusing their bending powers. Question - those metalbending police that Amon had equalized in Ep9, were they one of the police opressing those non-benders who were wanting their electricity turned back on? If they were, serves them right. If they weren't...dammit Amon, why? Also Bolin hadn't done anything wrong either.
    Well, Amon did say he wanted to remove ALL bending from the world, regardless of good or evil use. Too bad :P
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    I was actually siding with Amon because up till that point he had only punished those who were abusing their bending powers. Question - those metalbending police that Amon had equalized in Ep9, were they one of the police opressing those non-benders who were wanting their electricity turned back on? If they were, serves them right. If they weren't...dammit Amon, why? Also Bolin hadn't done anything wrong either.
    Well, Amon did say he wanted to remove ALL bending from the world, regardless of good or evil use. Too bad :P
    Fairly certain those were the MB police that were present when Mr. Sato was being confronted/battle with the equalists bots.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow...just watched last Saturday's episode. Shit is about to go down on the season finale.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Well Bolin WAS captured together with those Triple Threat Triad members, the equalists must of thought he was one of them by association (which he is sorta one of them).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendsnDreamz View Post
    It is common practice in today that a new show only gets billed for a half season, and upon a well reception they get the second half of the show. Then on top of that success, assuming it continued to do well it would get billed full seasons after that. Now Here we Nickelodeon a media giant, Known not to be afraid to milk their cash cows (see how much Sponge bob is getting milked daily) An extremely successful show in Avatar with it's original Creators/Writers and Animation studio. Attempting to only have a half season pass as a full one is Laughable. Now if the episodes were an hour long, 12 episodes would be acceptable. Since this is standard 30 min time slot, it's not. What should have happened, since you clearly need this told to you. Is instead of pushing the show back to write for the second season. Both parties should have been...Hey We still have a strong fan base and high demand for the show. Lets do this right and make a proper season.

Korra: Book one has 24 episodes planned instead of the initial 12, and feels well paced, quality character development, all the original 12 episodes would still be in there just with 12 more that boosts the story and makes everyone happy. Nick gets more shows, Creators get to flesh out more story and build on the Avatar world, Fans are happier. Then make 2nd and possible future seasons. That is how it should have went down, that is what most fans including myself want. Not this half ass attempt at putting out more Avatar content. As great as show as Korra has been, it could have been better if it was done properly. Again that is why you see people on this very topic feeling the show is rushed, characters under developed etc.

TLDR Both Nick and Creators should have known better, or at the very least acknowledged that they under estimated the fan support and add to the first season, instead of writing 2 short seasons. Added together is barely bigger then one traditional season. I just don't understand how such a big fan you seem to be, can be completely content on a half season.
    Look, you're wrong. Plain and simple as that and here's the proof.
    http://www.ugo.com/tv/the-legend-of-korra-music-update <-- Interview towards the end clearly states that it is ("was" now) a planned mini series

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/...ors-speak/?KEY <-- Right before the interview it clearly states what went down, and look at that. It's a 26 episode series that's split into two seasons not a 24 season split into two parts

P.S. As for all the people still throwing up this annoying Aang/Amon speculation please read the eighth bullet here and stop it http://www.ugo.com/tv/comic-con-2010...orra-interview

---------- Post added 2012-06-13 at 05:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Well Bolin WAS captured together with those Triple Threat Triad members, the equalists must of thought he was one of them by association (which he is sorta one of them).
    This is true, but like mentioned earlier the police were from the raid on Sato's secret facility which derails the whole theory.
    Last edited by ElAmigo; 2012-06-13 at 05:18 AM.
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Amon has stated, as you noted, on several occasions that he plans to rid the world of benders and bending, to me this has never been a case of corrupt benders being targeted and fighting the "good fight" if you will. He is shown to be well-versed in terrorist tactics, subverting non-benders by manipulating their hate and bestowing fear upon benders, whilst always seeking a psychological edge against his opponents, and consistently using intimidation and threats against his numerous enemies.

To me, he has targeted corrupt benders (such as the wolf bats and Tarrlok) not because they are corrupt but rather because it gives him leverage in recruiting more people by supporting his argument about the oppressive nature of benders. Tarrlok and his extreme methods also played into his hands as well, but once again I don't see how people can assume that he was only after the "bad guys" when he has stated the exact opposite.

Hell even Nick has this in is his bio: "His ultimate goal is to rid the world of bending."

As for how or what he does to remove bending we can only guess really, some people have indicated that the Turtle spirit did mention that it was the first form of bending before elemental styles existed. This alone would explain his energy bending as he would have learnt this from an "original" source. Personally though I like to think that when Amon talked about being "chosen by the spirits" that he may well have been since there are several spirits which have issues with the avatar and even one that states he hates what humans use knowledge for war and destruction (Wan Shi Tong - the owl spirit).

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    Look, you're wrong. Plain and simple as that and here's the proof.
    http://www.ugo.com/tv/the-legend-of-korra-music-update <-- Interview towards the end clearly states that it is ("was" now) a planned mini series

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/...ors-speak/?KEY <-- Right before the interview it clearly states what went down, and look at that. It's a 26 episode series that's split into two seasons not a 24 season split into two p.
    This just in! once something is said or done, there is no way it can ever change, Real life is and always will be static! that's right you heard it here folks! Honestly done supporting mine and many others opinions regarding the obvious bad business choices with the sequel of this show. You happy with scraps? great good for you, doesn't prove me wrong, cause it's just an opinion on how I and many others wish they HAD handled it. So please drop it, and leave your outdated info at home. (2 years old.) Plans changed, and they went a different route.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I really don't understand the disagreements that this thread is having at the moment. Are you not reading each other's posts? It really doesn't feel like it.
    No it doesn't does it? Now back to the silly theories
    Aku, Soku, Zan

This just in! once something is said or done, there is no way it can ever change, Real life is and always will be static! that's right you heard it here folks! Honestly done supporting mine and many others opinions regarding the obvious bad business choices with the sequel of this show. You happy with scraps? great good for you, doesn't prove me wrong, cause it's just an opinion on how I and many others wish they HAD handled it. So please drop it, and leave your outdated info at home. (2 years old.) Plans changed, and they went a different route.
    So you think its bad buisniess practice to just scrap an almost already done 12 episode mini series just to fuck up the story.

They realized people wanted more and gave you 14 more episodes stop complaining.

put them together and call it one season if you like, look you got 26 episodes of Korra in one season.
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2012-06-13 at 03:59 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I seem to not be fully understanding what's going on.
    Are there going to be 2books this time with 12/14 episodes => total of 26
    or are there going to be more books with the first being 12, the second 14 and maybe more?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    So you think its bad buisniess practice to just scrap an almost already done 12 episode mini series just to fuck up the story.

They realized people wanted more and gave you 14 more episodes stop complaining.
    Reading comprehension is hard! Never said scrap the original 12, again back when they chose not have it a 12 ep mini series anymore, and write a 2nd half season on top of that. They could have just as easily (over a year ago when the show had got pushed back because of this) slapped on 12 more ep's for season one that Fit in with 12 they had originally planned. Have it air the same time this year, and none of us would have noticed any difference, other then they had a full damn season. At which point they could be writing a second season. In case you can't/won't read my very clear statement....This is explaining how they COULD HAVE done it, and how it SHOULD HAVE been done.

This is not discussing what the original plan was, or what happened. As you see, this was a very drawn out way of describing how they dropped the damn ball several times in dealing with the business end of this. Don't think they did? Well that would be your opinion now wouldn't it? You'll find yourself in the minority who is happy with 2 half seasons.
    Last edited by LegendsnDreamz; 2012-06-13 at 04:10 PM.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

Reading comprehension is hard! Never said scrap the original 12, again back when they chose not have it a 12 ep mini series anymore, and write a 2nd half season on top of that. They could have just as easily (over a year ago when the show had got pushed back because of this) slapped on 12 more ep's for season one that Fit in with 12 they had originally planned. Have it air the same time this year, and none of us would have noticed any difference, other then they had a full damn season. At which point they could be writing a second season. In case you can't/won't read my very clear statement....This is explaining how they COULD HAVE done it, and how it SHOULD HAVE been done.

This is not discussing what the original plan was, or what happened. As you see, this was a very drawn out way of describing how they dropped the damn ball several times in dealing with the business end of this. Don't think they did? Well that would be your opinion now wouldn't it? You'll find yourself in the minority who is happy with 2 half seasons.
    That is seriously like saying:

"Hey Tolkein really dropped the ball with Lord of the rings. He should have after Return of The King had like 3 more books with Frodo and the ring and all. He should have expected the support for the books and just kept writing about Frodo and Sam and everythign even after the whole story was resolved. I mean I Don't care if it is his story to write and it had a clear begining middle and end, he should have just tacked on like 3 more books after Return of the king."
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

That is seriously like saying:

"Hey Tolkein really dropped the ball with Lord of the rings. He should have after Return of The King had like 3 more books with Frodo and the ring and all. He should have expected the support for the books and just kept writing about Frodo and Sam and everythign even after the whole story was resolved. I mean I Don't care if it is his story to write and it had a clear begining middle and end, he should have just tacked on like 3 more books after Return of the king."
    Not even close to be the same. Different mediums, different age. Even if you did compare them still wouldn't work, Lord of the rings was guilty of being to damn long. What I find amusing is how you don't think a proven caliber writing team Avatar has, is capable of writing in more story to complete the skeleton they had originally planned. Now see you might have a solid argument if they kept it as a mini series and left it alone. But they didn't did they??? No they changed their minds and decide to support an actual stand alone show again. So instead of doing it properly and make a full show as they should had. They got lazy and Left the mini series intact and just slapped on a whole different plot line which will be season 2. Which they have gone on record saying that there will be a different big bad per season.

What your ok with is like saying...Ok for Last Airbender we don't really want full seasons, so lets take off the second half of the first season, and lets take off the first half of the second season. Yup that will work and we'll call it mini series now and people will totally be cool with it. Where you might be happy with that and might figure out what is going on, but there would be a whole lot missing, that made the series great. Which is the difference we have with Korra isn't, it's good...But it could be great.
    Aku, Soku, Zan

Not even close to be the same. Different mediums, different age. Even if you did compare them still wouldn't work, Lord of the rings was guilty of being to damn long. What I find amusing is how you don't think a proven caliber writing team Avatar has, is capable of writing in more story to complete the skeleton they had originally planned. Now see you might have a solid argument if they kept it as a mini series and left it alone. But they didn't did they??? No they changed their minds and decide to support an actual stand alone show again. So instead of doing it properly and make a full show as they should had. They got lazy and Left the mini series intact and just slapped on a whole different plot line which will be season 2. Which they have gone on record saying that there will be a different big bad per season.

What your ok with is like saying...Ok for Last Airbender we don't really want full seasons, so lets take off the second half of the first season, and lets take off the first half of the second season. Yup that will work and we'll call it mini series now and people will totally be cool with it. Where you might be happy with that and might figure out what is going on, but there would be a whole lot missing, that made the series great. Which is the difference we have with Korra isn't, it's good...But it could be great.
    They said from the beginning they wanted it to be nonstop action, no filler, that's what they are doing.

So the creators say their intention to make a mini-series like season, short to the point with no filler, they then fulfill their intentions by doing just that. Then they are going to give you 14 more episodes of Korra, and you are complaining?

I don't even
    Last edited by Gamdwelf; 2012-06-13 at 04:44 PM.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

They said from the beginning they wanted it to be nonstop action, no filler, that's what they are doing.

So the creators say their intention to make a mini-series like season, short to the point with no filler, they then fulfill their intentions by doing just that. Then they are going to give you 14 more episodes of Korra, and you are complaining?

I don't even
    Well that does seem to be the issue with you now doesn't it? Your not reading and understanding what I have been saying all this time. Your argument is " Supposed to be a Mini Series, upon fan request they added a second mini series. Stop complaining." That's the problem using outdated information as an argument point...It's no longer true, so its completely irrelevant. It is no longer a Mini-Series, It is a stand alone show now, they had changed they direction on this over a year ago. Their current intentions are to make a Stand alone show now, not a Mini series, stop using that as a point. What we have now is a hybrid between a Mini series and a fleshed out show, We have an unfinished product.

Now They could redeem themselves easily, by saying ok To save ourselves work we will leave the first season as is. But since we are making an actual show now. (hint hint Gamdwelf) we will NOW be supporting a full 24+ ep Season 2 and are potentially going to make additional seasons. Where I'd still be disappointed with a short season 1, knowing that they would be doing it proper going forward and not cutting corners would be better.

Again, please stop using outdated Info/Claims this were things they have said before they decided it was no longer going to be a mini-series. Those 14 additional tacked on episodes will be Season 2, with a different plot, Which if left as is will still be a half a product. Are you really so desperate and grateful to get anything from Creators proven to make complete seasons that you'll excuse away half seasons?
    Aku, Soku, Zan

Well that does seem to be the issue with you now doesn't it? Your not reading and understanding what I have been saying all this time. Your argument is " Supposed to be a Mini Series, upon fan request they added a second mini series. Stop complaining." That's the problem using outdated information as an argument point...It's no longer true, so its completely irrelevant. It is no longer a Mini-Series, It is a stand alone show now, they had changed they direction on this over a year ago. Their current intentions are to make a Stand alone show now, not a Mini series, stop using that as a point. What we have now is a hybrid between a Mini series and a fleshed out show, We have an unfinished product.

Now They could redeem themselves easily, by saying ok To save ourselves work we will leave the first season as is. But since we are making an actual show now. (hint hint Gamdwelf) we will NOW be supporting a full 24+ ep Season 2 and are potentially going to make additional seasons. Where I'd still be disappointed with a short season 1, knowing that they would be doing it proper going forward and not cutting corners would be better.

Again, please stop using outdated Info/Claims this were things they have said before they decided it was no longer going to be a mini-series. Those 14 additional tacked on episodes will be Season 2, with a different plot, Which if left as is will still be a half a product. Are you really so desperate and grateful to get anything from Creators proven to make complete seasons that you'll excuse away half seasons?
    At least what I and other people have been saying is actual facts from the creators, you keep spouting stuff like "this is a full show now I need 24 episodes/season" when that is just not the case until you prove to me other wise. Its 2 mini series. Get over yourself.
    Gamdwelf the Mage