Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Yeah updated them and it still wouldn't start. Guess it's just not gonna happen without some more instigation =]

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try rolling back to something, make sure it is a supported driver. I think the last one that worked for me though was in the 290 range. =S

Or even before. O_o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Oh, does F@H work on the 5970? xD
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll bet it does. O_o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

F@H doesn't run very efficiently on AMD GPUs though, basically one GPU eats up one core of your CPU (at least that was my experience when I ran crossfire 6950's)

...also, afaik, the GTX 680 hasn't been whitelisted for F@H yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adappy View Post
    F@H doesn't run very efficiently on AMD GPUs though, basically one GPU eats up one core of your CPU (at least that was my experience when I ran crossfire 6950's)

...also, afaik, the GTX 680 hasn't been whitelisted for F@H yet
    tests are showing that the keplar series is not that good at processing, even if it gets whitelisted, i doubt it will be any good compared to fermi based chips

I have joined the team. A few days ago actually just forgot to mention it. Woo GO SCIENCE!
    My new baby
    CPU: i5-3570k @4.1 Cooler: H-100 MoBo: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 RAM: 16Gig Mushkin Blackline 1600 SSD: Crucial M4 128 HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB GPU: MSI 7950 OC @ 925/1375 Case: CM Storm Trooper PSU: Seasonic X650 Gold

Does anyone know of any issues with folding on a Radeon HD 7950? I haven't been able to get it running at all. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling F@H and I've made sure all of my drivers are up to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Well, I want the freedom to put poison in food and sell it to anyone I want and call it sugar. It's my freedom to do so, so you can't tell me no.

Deleted
    When my CPU is at 100% it's using around 100W more power than idle, and the heat-exchanger fans are running at a higher RPM. Gone are the days when running these distributed applications was unnoticeable both in terms of noise and electricity costs.

Running this application 24/7 would cost me roughly 24pence per 24 hours, or £7.20 per month, £86.40 per year (assuming an average of 10p per KWh). I don't think a lot of people realise the hidden cost of running their CPU at 100%.

And if this software uses my 2 GPUs the costs will go through the roof. Each GPU (GTX 680 uses up to 194W i believe). Assuming they are worked hard and draw, lets say, 150W each we're looking a grand total of £345.60 per year and a very hot room. That could buy an iphone! I'm all about supporting Science but this is going beyond the call of duty!
    Last edited by mmocabe77c30e6; 2012-06-10 at 07:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatie12 View Post
    When my CPU is at 100% it's using around 100W more power than idle, and the heat-exchanger fans are running at a higher RPM. Gone are the days when running these distributed applications was unnoticeable both in terms of noise and electricity costs.
    It is because you gave F@H full CPU usage power.... if you limit it to 10% CPU usage, then it will use 10%.

Deleted
    Im in not for the competitive side...just for funzzz been a while since i last folded. I think i folded last time with 2 gtx 275's >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Complaints coming from family ;o

And I believe two GTX 460's and an overclocked i7 at constant full load can output plenty of heat ^^
    Agreed hehe.
    It's pretty chilly up the north of england atm bonus is....i dont need my heating on

OOOOOH in the top 5 Producers.....and i said i did not want to be competitive >.>....was not intended
    Last edited by mmoc8d9a66b0a0; 2012-06-12 at 05:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    suuuuure it wasn't.... Mr. I'm using 5 clients =P

I see how it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I get a newer GPU that is actually stable for more than 18~ hours of usage, I will start Folding again, trust me!

What makes your current GPU unstable beyond 18 hours? You overclocking it too much?

Also... I got my GTX 680 folding, seems to get 15-20k PPD. Here's the instructions on how to set it up: http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.aspx?h...page=1#1548388

10+ Year Old Account
    After about 18 hours of being on or so, it will start having artifacting issues and I have to restart to fix it. This happens regardless of any overclock I am currently running. Also, I used to be able to achieve a 985MHz core overclock on it at a certain voltage - that is no longer possible/stable. -.-

Also I have some artifacting in Diablo 3 sporadically, it isn't game-breaking nor does it make me have to restart, but it is annoying when it happens.

I've also joined up . Currently folding with my GTX680 following the guide posted by Adappy.
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.5 GHz | Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series | EVGA GTX 780SC with ACX cooler| Crucial M4 128GB | Samsung 840 256GB| Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB |Western Digital 1 TB Black | CM Hyper 212 Evo (with a push/pull config) | Fractal Design Arc Midi | SeaSonic S12II 620 Bronze | Corsair K60 | Razor Naga |JVC HARX900 | BenQ RL2455 | Samsung Syncmaster S24B300

Deleted
    I don't fully understand how it works and thus I won't use it on my pc. I wish luck to those that do though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I don't fully understand how it works and thus I won't use it on my pc. I wish luck to those that do though.
    There's nothing to it It uses CPU and GPU calculating to solve problems for diseases like parkinsons. All you have to do is have it open and running, and you'll be helping out research!

Deleted
    Since my GPU's busted anyway and I'm still waiting for the new one, guess I'll let my CPU work for a good cause.