Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    /sigh

Om nom nom for the pandaren langauge and scene highlights in the female pandaren hairstyles...

"This expansion is not a joke." - Blizzard

Getting REALLY hard to not see it as one, guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Once more the retard award goes to GC

Newsflash dbag, you design the game for the players not for yourself.
    I think that award goes to the players instead...

Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Once more the retard award goes to GC

Let's see how great of an idea that is, to kertow to the wims of all players who whine, when 95% of any given game community is chock full of screaming entitlement babies going on about "I WANT STUFF FURST" and "IF I GET IT I DON'T WANT ANYONE ELSE TO GET IT" and see how long that keeps 10 million+ subscribers around when you start going back to making content for maybe 100,000 players to ever enjoy while the rest get jack shit (generally the loudest whiners I see in regards to WoW).

You have to deny your playerbase things sometimes for the sake of things not devolving into a shithole.
    Last edited by greyghost; 2012-06-15 at 05:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dexter44
    There is no patch for human stupidity
    Orihank is displeased.

BioWare probably has all the bills paid off for SWTOR, so going F2P isn't as major of an issue now.

HAH, all that talk about SWTOR being a "WoW killer"...now it's possibly going F2P after less than a year. Lol. :P

RIP Bioware, say hi to Westwood and Bullfrog when EA dismantles you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    HAH, all that talk about SWTOR being a "WoW killer"...now it's possibly going F2P after less than a year. Lol. :P
    I doubt it'll go full F2P. Not yet, anyways.

Rift's managed to hang on this far for a year and it has a FRACTION of SWTOR's subscriptions. Last checked, they had 240,000 and dropping (noted back in March), which is slightly slower player loss than the rate Warhammer Online had (keep in mind that a lot of Mythic's devs went to Trion to help make Rift). Trion's reacting to the loss of subscriptions differently too; instead of sticking with their 'release content rapidly' model, they're going to lump up a bunch of update content into an expansion and sell that box to whomever's still around to care.

Then they'll likely dump the majority of their dev resources to their "Defiance" MMO/TV Drama Series hybrid they're doing with 'SyFy' channel.

Subscription-based MMOs are just a really hard sell in a time where its target demographic are still trying to scramble around finding new jobs. That's what the last year's really said about the MMO market, really.

I mean, look what 38 Studios just went through in the last month. They dropped millions of dollars to try to become Blizzard in a year (where it took Blizzard decades to become) and it blew out the whole studio, gutted by the state government of Rhode Island. It takes stupid luck or stunning innovation/uniqueness for large-scale MMOs to take off and be popular.
    Last edited by greyghost; 2012-06-15 at 05:49 AM.
    Orihank is displeased.

Quote Originally Posted by koji356303 View Post
    /sigh

Om nom nom for the pandaren langauge and scene highlights in the female pandaren hairstyles...

"This expansion is not a joke." - Blizzard

Getting REALLY hard to not see it as one, guys.
    No, you're right. Blizzard is not to have fun, nor are they allowed to make a joke. If they make a joke, then Pandaren are most definitely an April Fool's joke, and the game is a joke. Never mind the fact that you're playing a fantasy game in which you are mailed dragons. Or talking to walking walruses. Or what is basically a minotaur. I agree. /sigh

And, since I'm sure it will be brought up, I haven't played in 6+ months. No, not because it is a joke, it sucks, etc. But because I've been playing the same game for 5+ years straight. It's a testament to the game itself.

If SWTOR goes F2P in the near future, it will officially be the biggest bust in history for an MMO. LOL. Hilarious. Sad to say it had a lot of potential, but for the enormous budget it had, it definitely felt very empty. There was next to no features among a slew of other problems with the game. Maybe next time they won't try and listen to the "wow haters". This isn't BC anymore where there were no features and everyone had to sit in a city and spam. Times have changed and people demand more in MMO's. Thank Blizzard for that one.

Anyone know if the full "gladiator" set will return??? PM me

also i think i saw something about it in the BMAH

Cheers guys

RIFT doesn't answer to EA. It didn't cost $300Mil, 7Mil in monthly server costs, and $800MIl to buy bioware <Who failed at mass effect 3 too.>

10+ Year Old Account
    P2P Market is a death sentence for new MMOs, I think all MMOS should go F2P/B2P as one company owns the P2P market and can never be beat.

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 01:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by greyghost View Post
    I doubt it'll go full F2P. Not yet, anyways.

Rift's managed to hang on this far for a year and it has a FRACTION of SWTOR's subscriptions. Last checked, they had 240,000 and dropping (noted back in March), which is slightly slower player loss than the rate Warhammer Online had (keep in mind that a lot of Mythic's devs went to Trion to help make Rift). Trion's reacting to the loss of subscriptions differently too; instead of sticking with their 'release content rapidly' model, they're going to lump up a bunch of update content into an expansion and sell that box to whomever's still around to care.

Then they'll likely dump the majority of their dev resources to their "Defiance" MMO/TV Drama Series hybrid they're doing with 'SyFy' channel.

Subscription-based MMOs are just a really hard sell in a time where its target demographic are still trying to scramble around finding new jobs. That's what the last year's really said about the MMO market, really.

I mean, look what 38 Studios just went through in the last month. They dropped millions of dollars to try to become Blizzard in a year (where it took Blizzard decades to become) and it blew out the whole studio, gutted by the state government of Rhode Island. It takes stupid luck or stunning innovation/uniqueness for large-scale MMOs to take off and be popular.
    Can you link to the website please, I wanna keep it for records

Does anyone remember which gladiator sets came over from wrath to cata? Was it the 2200 ones without the rating requirement or the lower tier stuff?
    I REALLY want me the pally set

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    RIFT doesn't answer to EA. It didn't cost $300Mil, 7Mil in monthly server costs, and $800MIl to buy bioware <Who failed at mass effect 3 too.>
    Ok? Who said they did?

I was just using Rift as an example of an MMO with a small playerbase still being able to thrive.

But EA likely would strangle such a 'sickly pup' as Rift if it ever crawled into its clutches.
    Orihank is displeased.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Exhaust View Post
    P2P Market is a death sentence for new MMOs, I think all MMOS should go F2P/B2P as one company owns the P2P market and can never be beat.

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 01:50 AM ----------

Can you link to the website please, I wanna keep it for records
    http://www.mmodata.net/

A fantastic, neutral website.

They haven't updated in a while, though, but I think that's mostly because some MMO companies have been ..... well relunctant to release their data lately.

There'll likely be an update when Q2 is over (end of June/start of July). Companies eventually have to answer to their shareholders whether they like it or not.
    Orihank is displeased.

If they gave the players always what they wanted we'd have a broken game. Get over yourself.

Now once TES MMO fails hopefully the MMO market will die and move back to making single player games. Nothing will beat WoW make B2P or F2P or don't try.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    No, you're right. Blizzard is not to have fun, nor are they allowed to make a joke. If they make a joke, then Pandaren are most definitely an April Fool's joke, and the game is a joke. Never mind the fact that you're playing a fantasy game in which you are mailed dragons. Or talking to walking walruses. Or what is basically a minotaur. I agree. /sigh

And, since I'm sure it will be brought up, I haven't played in 6+ months. No, not because it is a joke, it sucks, etc. But because I've been playing the same game for 5+ years straight. It's a testament to the game itself.
    I'm not sure if you are being sarcastic or not.

Personally, I just wish blizz would stop trying to hide that fact that it is a joke. They have said time and time again that they are 100% serious and that we should be taking this expansion seriously. Like there is no funny business at all, but every where you look there is just one silly thing after another. It's just funny to me that they just won't come out and admit that they are going with silly and fun route.

The article refers to the new ilevel 384 gear, but I assume that they mean 483+ gear, since 384 is what we got from the DS LFR.

Is someone a little Dyxlesic?

where do you guys get the quarter reports for rift subs, cause from what I've seen, they did at the start and never gave another one...