Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kickbuttmario View Post
    Actually F2P is doing wonders mr.obao98. Many journalists were amazed by how many indie companies that are f2p are there at E3 and how much money they were making. I am sure E3 has got a plan.
    This EA we're talking about. SWTOR will NOT be free2play, it's going to be pay2win. It's going to be the final nail in the SWTOR's coffin.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.

Doesn't mean so much that Swtor failed, F2P might actually do it good, provided they keep adding stuff to it. This rather means that subscription fee model is nearing its end, which I guess isn't all that bad from a player's perspective.

I saw some of the future and current legacy rewards then the thought popped in my head "some of these can really be in a f2p model." As long as it isn't pay to win I sure wouldn't mind saving some money every month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by megrim View Post
    I sure hope so, I would really like to play this game casually, I can't justify the sub for it though.
    Basically this was the case for me. I could justify the sub for WoW when I played because that was literally all I played in terms of video games. And when I was playing SWTOR I realized the game was good (nothing very original, though I'm pretty sure we all knew that, but something definitely worth paying attention to) but I didn't want to be stuck with the same game so I decided not to buy it at the end of the free week before release. It wasn't that the game was bad, it was just that I had the same feeling towards it like I had towards WoW; I felt it was the only game I should devote time to due to me being subscribed to it.

But if this happens I will definitely pick it back up again and try and finish the stories of the character(s) I made and finally get back to exploring the Star Wars universe
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I'll grab it if it goes F2P.
    I tried one of those "free weekend" things and I some-what enjoyed it. And these days I could use a proper RPG, heck I might even get used to the plastic-coated graphics.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm stoked!!! I don't play much of any mmo because I spend like less than 5 hours a week playing. I did their free weekend and 7 day free trial and I love this game. The stories are just so cool. I love the light and dark side experience too. I don't know, lvl 15 is pretty low as far as experiencing content in the grand scheme of things; but, I really enjoy those areas. I don't think I would call this game dead at all. It has a stronger playerbase than most of the mmo's out there, and bizzard did the exact same thing with wow when they were pressured with large titles adopting the f2p model. Yes, both of these titles put out way too much content to remain good and go free to play entirely; but at least they are giving something. I don't think we will ever see wow go free to play. Activision is just that way. I could see EA put swtor into the f2p; however, I think they would do that out of sheer desperation, which I would find unlikely in that franchise.

free to play, pay to play, rent to play, seriously......... who gives a flying fuck?

The game is really fun, I had fun playing it before, I have fun playing it now, and I'll still have fun playing it in the future.

If haters and doomsayers wanna use this news as an outlet to rave and mock others, go ahead. It wont make my game any less fun.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I tried one of those "free weekend" things and I some-what enjoyed it. And these days I could use a proper RPG, heck I might even get used to the plastic-coated graphics.
    Best. Description. Ever.

Anyways, when it does go f2p i'll come back and finish out my shadow, hell maybe even roll up some other alts because as awful as the railroad (singular path levelling) is, the class stories tend to be at least enjoyable (<3 Agent)
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    free to play, pay to play, rent to play, seriously......... who gives a flying fuck?

The game is really fun, I had fun playing it before, I have fun playing it now, and I'll still have fun playing it in the future.

If haters and doomsayers wanna use this news as an outlet to rave and mock others, go ahead. It wont make my game any less fun.
    Who gives a flying f-ck??

Obviously ANYONE who likes the game should give a flying f-ck. If the game doesn`t make money, they don`t release new content.

God, I HATE kids. GO F-CKING AWAY.

<Please post respectfully>
    Last edited by Azuri; 2012-06-15 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    Seriously, they`re not changing (thinking of) to free to play model BECAUSE it`s better, or BECAUSE they can make more money. These gaming companies spend millions studying the market. If they really thought the Free to Play model was better, they would really the game as Free to Play from the start.

In reality, they NEED to make this change now because they NEED to at least make some money, try to recover some of the money they "wasted" with SWTOR.

Now, EVERYONE in this forum, with a very few exceptions, said this game was SO awesome. Had the best leveling system, graphics were great, sound was amazing, bla bla bla. I think everyone here knows people in WoW (or any other game but specially WoW) that left the game to play SWTOR because of those reasons. And now, not even a year after its realease, we start to see the real truth. The game IS almost dead.

What I think this REALLY shows, is that games with WEAK or NO REAL END GAME, DO NOT SURVIVE. Plain and simple. In MMOs the most important thing IS the end game. Whoever denies that is OBVIOUSLY wrong, and so was SWTOR. And now they are paying the price for thinking otherwise.

In my opinion, Guild Wars 2 is going down the same road. Not only Guild Wars 2, but any game that thinks NOWADAYS they can survive without REAL END GAME CONTENT. You can`t survive. Simple as that. Let games learn that. Sad to see SWTOR learn that the hard way, but it was pretty clear to see that.
    Good god you caps way too many words. First of all they're not changing to f2p at all and don't "need" to. The game isn't dead despite what people say. A lot of the problems in the game are being fixed. They needed server transfers and we have them now. Whether or not it's too little, too late to bring in more subs remains to be seen. The end-game is fine. It does need to be a bit harder and they made the new operation harder, but it still needs that nightmare mode for the hardcore raiders. GW2 is fine, it's not sub based... They probably would like you to buy the game and then never play it again and take up space on there servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got a 7-day pass from a friend...and I was actually really impressed by the leveling, although I'm sure it's a different story at max level. Still, it won't be all bad if this does indeed go F2P, given with all the lore and stories that go with the Star Wars universe. Tons of store item potential.

Side note: does anyone know when the F2P until level 15 kicks in?
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

If the game doesn`t make money, they don`t release new content.
    Riiiiiight, that's why Guild Wars, who has NEVER ever charged a fee of any kind, never ever released any content.

Am I right?

¬.¬ ohh and BTW, this "kid" is actually 29. Even if I was just 9, I'm not the one spewing poison like a brat who wanna brag over something this stupid. Your own attitude lowers your image, not mine.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

I would return for F2P SWTOR. Heck, they'll make more money F2P than subscription. I'd love to dust off the old sniper.
    Last edited by Northy; 2012-06-15 at 08:53 AM.

Deleted
    I dont think even F2P would get me to come back, it felt so slow and the graphics are kinda meh.

I'll pass.

Quote Originally Posted by I stand in fire View Post
    This EA we're talking about. SWTOR will NOT be free2play, it's going to be pay2win. It's going to be the final nail in the SWTOR's coffin.
    Maybe, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    As someone who seems to care about story, I'd just like to recommend to you, that you don't make a Sith Inquisitor (at least not as your first Class). Most of the stories are okay, some are really good, but playing a Sith Inquisitor first might permanently ruin your opinion of the game

Sith Warrior, and Imperial Agent are probably the best stories
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Riiiiiight, that's why Guild Wars, who has NEVER ever charged a fee of any kind, never ever released any content.

Am I right?

¬.¬ ohh and BTW, this "kid" is actually 29. Even if I was just 9, I'm not the one spewing poison like a brat who wanna brag over something this stupid. Your own attitude lowers your image, not mine.
    Actually I played the original Guild Wars. Did they release new content? Yes. Was it enough to hold, or better, keep bringing in more and more players each year, for a very long period of time?

And at least the GW2 crew is not fooling themselves. They know the exact same thing will happen. Keep a few thousand people playing their game, buying some stuff from their stores, and they`ll be happy. They clearly don`t want to be the best game out there, and they won`t.

And my attitude lowers my image? That`s funny. On a cool thread that everyone was giving their opinion and actually talking about reasons, you were the first one to come in here, post a completely useless post and use improper language. The image I got from you was that you were an idiot. Apparently I was right.

Who gives a flying f-ck??

Obviously ANYONE who likes the game should give a flying f-ck. If the game doesn`t make money, they don`t release new content.

God, I HATE kids. GO F-CKING AWAY.
    What? Like seriously what is wrong with you? Anyhow I only care about one thing if (still a big if) it goes free 2 play, will I get my voiced quests and class story?
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

It's not going F2P (Yet nor has it been confirmed) this is simply an idea they are throwing around out there and one person's thoughts at that this man does not speak on behalf of EA.

However it's not surprising that the games former disgruntled players are seeking to use this to slander the game. This thread is basically troll bait and all it will accomplish is to bring in more disgruntled trolls which will most likely cancel any civility some people might wish to see.

I personally find it rather sad that people take pleasure in the possibility of this game going F2P at some point down the line, it's like EA broke into your house when you were young and planted clowns everywhere which resulted in you being scared for life and developing a hate towards EA.

The bandwagon is an exciting thing isn't it?
    Last edited by Zephre; 2012-06-15 at 07:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobzor McScrub View Post
    The word "free" doesn't exist in EA's corporate vocabulary.
    You have a point, all of EA's MMOs are still pay to play like UO and WAR. However maybe they are using TOR to put there feet in the water regarding Free to Play