Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I guess the thing that bothered me the most, was that the voice was determined by class, and not race. That annoyed me abit, that say a human and a twi'lek sounds the same if they were Knights. (Just an example, I don't recall if twi'leks can be Knights)
    They can be, yeah. That didn't bother me at all because Bioware purposely picked races that were close in anatomy and overall human. Now if I was a wookie that talked like a Imp agent I would have to stop and say something isn't right =p.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Deleted
    Surprised EA are looking down that route honestly. I expected them to just let it rot and milk the remaining subs.

END OF RINE!
    Last edited by mmoc8a29730aed; 2012-06-15 at 08:12 AM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    They can be, yeah. That didn't bother me at all because Bioware purposely picked races that were close in anatomy and overall human. Now if I was a wookie that talked like a Imp agent I would have to stop and say something isn't right =p.
    That would actually be hilarious heh.

Oh and how I adore your sig, I couldn't agree more.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    Surprised EA are looking down that route honestly. I expected them to just let it rot and milk the remaining subs.

END OF RINE!
    Have a little faith in EA, don't you worry they will still find a way to fuck the game up further.

That would actually be hilarious heh.

Oh and how I adore your sig, I couldn't agree more.
    Yeah I probably will add more down the road...sadly. Waiting for the next "Jump the shark".< That physically hurt me to write.
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Did you even read what was said?

I assume not judging by your comment it seems you seek little more than to bash EA I'll quote myself from earlier.

" The bandwagon is exciting isn't it? "
    Judging by your post count, you're not very familiar with some of the predators that lurk in the jungles of mmo-c. Don't try to reason with them, especially after they've shown repeatedly that they don't care about logic or a two-way discussion. They'll just spit acidic troll bile at you and dissolve your self-control.

I guess the thing that bothered me the most, was that the voice was determined by class, and not race. That annoyed me abit, that say a human and a twi'lek sounds the same if they were Knights. (Just an example, I don't recall if twi'leks can be Knights)
    Logistics, my good man. I get where you're coming from and I agree, but that would have tripled the amount of needed VA. You have to make concessions to business, reality and release dates sadly =)
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Deleted
    god i hope not..... i really do hope not that would happen ......

the only free to play game that done it right is AoC thats only free to play model thats good....

I hope The Secret World will eventually go down the same path, I refuse to pay a monthly fee for a MMO that isn't better than GW2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by obao98 View Post
    I guess that settles it. The game IS dead. If things are bad now, imagine once they go free to play.
    Free to Play is actually a very successful model in terms of profit, and large profit margins mean more resources for development.

I've seen for a long time that SW:ToR has been struggling, but I would never have guessed they turned to free to play this quickly. I feel that they failed from the beginning because they got swept up in focusing to much on the single player aspect, and this left little room in the MMO aspect.

We'll have to see how things go from here.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post
    Judging by your post count, you're not very familiar with some of the predators that lurk in the jungles of mmo-c. Don't try to reason with them, especially after they've shown repeatedly that they don't care about logic or a two-way discussion. They'll just spit acidic troll bile at you and dissolve your self-control.

Logistics, my good man. I get where you're coming from and I agree, but that would have tripled the amount of needed VA. You have to make concessions to business, reality and release dates sadly =)
    Of course, of course. But why not just then have all races have a unique voice and then use that for the cla- Oh wait nevermind that wouldn't solve a thing, since the dialogue is class based.... Meh, I don't know how to solve that without spending a bucket load of money. O well.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I hope The Secret World will eventually go down the same path, I refuse to pay a monthly fee for a MMO that isn't better than GW2.
    I hope the Secret World gets a lot better than it was a month ago - and THEN goes F2P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I've actually said this to myself a few days ago when watching Secret World beta footage. It has some interesting concepts that I'd be willing to dabble with but the combat is so bland I can't justify paying a sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk Brewslee View Post
    Free to Play is actually a very successful model in terms of profit, and large profit margins mean more resources for development.

I've seen for a long time that SW:ToR has been struggling, but I would never have guessed they turned to free to play this quickly. I feel that they failed from the beginning because they got swept up in focusing to much on the single player aspect, and this left little room in the MMO aspect.

We'll have to see how things go from here.
    1. F2P doesn't equal "game has failed".
    2. Nothing is happening yet. This is about as premature as saying back in 2008 that WotLK will have aerial combat because it said so in the "features" on the website. Can you go to Wintergrasp and load up into an armed gyrocopter? No? Me neither.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

I hope the Secret World gets a lot better than it was a month ago - and THEN goes F2P
    Yeah its not even close to ready or so I "hear"...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobzor McScrub View Post
    Will go f2p if it turns out to not be impressive at all. It always happens.
    Ah not always. Warhammer is not F2P.

Will go f2p if it turns out to not be impressive at all. It always happens.
    Lol someone doesn't know what Warhammer Online is.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah its not even close to ready or so I "hear"...
    I tried it, and while I did like it, it just felt.... Oh so incomplete. However from what I've been hearing; Funcom are busy little bees, working hard on changing and such, and it should be "improved" already.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Lol someone doesn't know what Warhammer Online is.
    ... Can't really blame him though... I mean, if you look at the history of how Warhammer Online was treated and how it went down, that's just shameful really.... One big patch and then BOOM abandoned by developers... A shame really.

I tried it, and while I did like it, it just felt.... Oh so incomplete. However from what I've been hearing; Funcom are busy little bees, working hard on changing and such, and it should be "improved" already.
    Aren't we still under NDA, just checking lol?

Wait, warhammer still exists ?!? I'm not trolling, there are still people playing it ?!? Haven't heard about it in years, I just assumed it went under like sw:galaxies.
    Still alive and kicking, I had read somewhere it like 50k subs. Not kidding. And it still costs money per month.

If TOR really goes F2P, well at least many of us won't have set 60 bucks in the sand for something they won't even be able to play again without paying after all. Doesn't matter how many people will be around or how much endgame content there will be by this point, at least you could go and replay story mode (aka the leveling process) every once in a while.