Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If anything I think ToR serves as a warning beacon to future new MMOs. Even if you have everything needed to be better than WoW, you have to release as polished as WoW is to survive.

Just when you thought: "MoP Heroics will be easier than Cata Heroics" was bad, you see the Pandaren language. Are you guys really taking this game seriously anymore, Blizzard?

I must be in the vast minority of people that still like SWTOR. I admit I absolutely hate that it's nearly impossible to find groups for stuff. But, I'm a big fan of Bioware's games, so the storyline really has me hooked right now. I also don't give a rat's behind about raiding in this or any game, so that's a moot point.

Essentially, SWTOR is a single-player RPG that you can play with someone else. It's pretty much just my husband and me plugging along through quests, and we're happy with it.

Also, they didn't say they definitely were going F2P any time soon. Someday? Probably. But it sounds like people are acting like they're going F2P very soon.

*shrug* I dunno, I still give them $15 and I still have fun with it. And no, I never played Star Wars Galaxies.

I am just pretty tired of WoW at this point. I've played since Vanilla. At first I was excited about MoP, but now the thought of questing again, trying to level up, just...bleh. I suppose that's why I like SWTOR. Even if it's still an MMO deep down, at least it's different than what I've been playing for the past seven years.

Maybe I'm a loser. Oh well.

Love the streaks, I think all races should have this option.

Let the haters hate; viva la Panda.

I'm happy that WoW is beginning to embrace it's own light-hearted nature - we all knew that's what it was, when it came down to it. It will never have the grungy grit of some games, nor the stark, no-bullhockey realism of some others. In truth, the aesthetic we've come to love (or at least accept) of this game is one that is vibrant, colorful, and even cartoon-like at times, and any motion towards accepting and accentuating that unique WoW aesthetic is a good thing in my opinion. None of these things make the game childish, or the content or themes therein less mature, or valuable, and I'd even venture to say that anyone who thinks otherwise is likely, themselves, immature.
    Last edited by Squiver; 2012-06-16 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicalPiracy View Post
    Just when you thought: "MoP Heroics will be easier than Cata Heroics" was bad, you see the Pandaren language. Are you guys really taking this game seriously anymore, Blizzard?
    Darn i hate replies like this. I know it's annoying to sift trough all the replies in this topic, but...
    The whole system is changing regarding heroics. Have you done them on beta or live yet? Also who is to say that the language is not a placeholder?
    Also, probably 0.001% of the playerbase actually uses their racial language? I haven't seen someone use taurahe or gutterspeak since wotlk in my guild/friends group.

Originally Posted by SWTOR
    I think it’s more than the free-to-play model – it’s more that there is a lot of competitive offers. If it was just free-to-play games and they weren’t very good it wouldn’t even be a question but there are definitely good games out there and good games coming out, so of course all of this competition impacts your plan with what you want to do.

Asked whether it would be feasible to adapt The Old Republic to a free-to-play model, Lusinchi coyly suggests that the wheels may be in motion for a drastic change.
    The MMO market is very dynamic and we need to be dynamic as well. Unless people are happy with what they have, they are constantly demanding updates, new modes and situations. So we are looking at free-to-play but I can’t tell you in much detail. We have to be flexible and adapt to what is going on.

For how long they think they can stay alienated and ignore players and STILL in business? Those guys really need to check the meaning of "LISTENING".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    f2p tto 15 doesnt mean itll go full free just think wow has f2p till 20 orso do you really think wow will go free because you think swtor is?
    What on earth are you jabbering on about? People are purely saying TOR might go Free2play because they mentioned they are looking into it in an official post. No one ever said WoW will become free, not once. Your post was complete jibberish.

so didn't they throw like 250 million dollars at swtor for development? they released an incomplete product and now they dont wanna spend any more money on it, don't wanna keep making more content and they are thinking about making it free to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy View Post
    so didn't they throw like 250 million dollars at swtor for development? they released an incomplete product and now they dont wanna spend any more money on it, don't wanna keep making more content and they are thinking about making it free to play.

sounds like it.

Quote Originally Posted by hellboyy View Post
    For this to work they will probably have to pull a GRAVITY in it, and make SWTOR a franchise where they sell the rights to open third-part servers around the world.

"I often feel as if there's no point in giving feedback at all when the devs can't even see eye-to-eye with players on how our resources should work."

Its not that they dont listen. They see what people write. They just don't really care that much. Blizzard has decided that they want you to play their game in a certain way. Never mind that you are paying for it and it might be possible that you don't want to play it that way. It's part of the bigger disconnect in which players ask for a way to customize there equipment and instead of getting what players actually wanted they got this convoluted over blown transmogrification garbage. It's also part of why a zillion people have left the game and will probably continue too. This coming from a person who does still enjoy the game mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy13312000 View Post
    "I often feel as if there's no point in giving feedback at all when the devs can't even see eye-to-eye with players on how our resources should work."

Its not that they dont listen. They see what people write. They just don't really care that much. Blizzard has decided that they want you to play their game in a certain way. Never mind that you are paying for it and it might be possible that you don't want to play it that way. It's part of the bigger disconnect in which players ask for a way to customize there equipment and instead of getting what players actually wanted they got this convoluted over blown transmogrification garbage. It's also part of why a zillion people have left the game and will probably continue too. This coming from a person who does still enjoy the game mostly.
    Other people are paying for it too. Believe it or not, your 15 dollars a month is not covering 100% of their production costs. Blizzard does what it thinks is best for it's user base, not what's most popular. Are they always right about their decisions? No. But I have no clue why some people persist in their delusion that for 15 dollars a month they should have a mult-imillion dollar game tailored to their exact specifications.

Loving the 'om nom nom nom' Pandaren language and the new Female Pandaren Hair/Earring options, I wouldn't call them 'emo' as plenty of my friends (who are no where near emo) have similar highlights.

Wouldn't be surprised if SWTOR went F2P, it's lost loads of subs and doing terrible for something that was labelled a "wow killer".

Good, swtor needs to be free to play. Its a waste of 15 bucks otherwise. I canceled after a month of playing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Good, swtor needs to be free to play. Its a waste of 15 bucks otherwise. I canceled after a month of playing.
    Same, just couldn't get into it. Didn't even have the drive to get to level 50, it just got so boring to me. I know someone in real life who has like 3 50's though, so he seems to have found pleasure in the game. I guess he'll be happy if it goes free2play, although I then guess it'll be very micro transaction based and I don't think he'll like that ^^

I'm not surprised that people who frequent this website would post about an article that can't be sourced properly (every link seems to be down), an article that even when viewed through the cached version on google doesn't give the proper context, an article that has been refuted by senior people at EA:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...decade-from-no

We have a great business right now and we're not looking to make any abrupt changes.

None of that surprises me one god damned bit. What does surprise and disappoint me is that the people who run this website felt it was news worth putting on the front page. I long ago accepted the principle that "mmo" champion was really a Blizzard fan site. Hell they give more information about non mmo games (diablo 3)than they do about actual mmo games (world of warcraft withstanding). From that I expected that all the changes swtor would go through over the past couple of months would be largely ignored. What disappoints me however is that they (much like the rest of the gaming media) latched onto this story as gospel when they can't properly site or source it. When the barest amount of research done on their part would show it's false and frankly when they've ignored every other piece of swtor related news up until this point. I am left to wonder about the standards and intellectual honesty and objectivity of the people who run this website. I always held them to a higher standard personally but boub and sunshine have clearly failed at this. I would ask it be taken down from the front page but at this point it's rather moot. It will disappear and die off just like the news of SWTORS impending f2p will. Hell UO is old as the hills and it's still a sub model.

Lul. SWTOR allready considering F2P status. theres your wow killer, right there. PIE ON FACES DETECTED.