Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Argument by analogy does suck, but you're missing the point. The point of the RMAH wasn't to stop it completely. They couldn't possibly hope to ever stop outside RMT completely. The point was to give people a much easier, more convenient, and safer place to do so to discourage it. They've done exactly that.

This whole 'if it didn't work completely, they shouldn't bother' thing is getting kind of tiring.
    Yeah you're right about that. But the RMAH came with a price and you can still argue whether that was worth it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    It is an unfair argument and not completely comparative. I agree it shouldn't be argued against other than to say it is an unfair comparison. Nonetheless, farce is rarely fair.

The point, as a fellow poster seemed to pick up, is that just like police, blizzard isn't aiming to eliminate an ill in society/the game. They are trying to decrease its occurrence.
    It just seems to me that if you implement such a feature you should make it so that people don't go to other sites anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    Blizzard incorporated the constant online connection mostly to prevent Item duping and people getting ripped off because of it. Not because of people selling Gold.
    I'm not talking about selling gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Marooned View Post
    Is it illegal to sell items to friends outside RMAH? since It consists of two transactions non of which can be illegal: 1) Giving money to a friend 2) Trading an item ingame. Both are 100% ok
    Against the ToS but there si no way Blizz can track it
    RETH

Deleted
    I dont think that rmah was gonna be a real option for people who brake the rules / dup anyway.
    It seems more profitable from a business pov to sell on ebay than have to go through so many charges that the rmah has on it atm

Don't forget another reason people go to ebay is that you don't lose 15% from transfering to paypal. If you have earned 1k € and you put that on your paypal, you now only have 850€ left due to the cost of 150€ (which is 2days pay for some people). Which is a great motivator to use ebay.