Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is wonderful for those of us who go weeks without drops. I wonder what sort of restrictions will be implemented with regards to the current BiS gear. Upgrading one of the current level 397 non-heroic items would make that item BiS, and upgrading a heroic 410 item would almost certainly make that item overpowered. Surely there is more to this than we understand right now.

Raiding is also only one of 3 ways to get VP in MoP. There's also random heroics and dailies - and there's no limit on the number of dailies you can do in a day. 5 VP a quest isn't great, but it's better than nothing. Presumably the weekly cap will stay, and those of us who aren't clearing all the raids right away can still cap out, provided we're willing to put in an effort - which is not really different than it is now.

It WILL help those of us who have horrible luck with drops. A good example would be caster shaman helms in Firelands. Ragnaros was your only choice. Being able to upgrade the previous tier's helm would have offset some of the frustration in either not getting to Ragnaros for a while, or it just not dropping when you did kill him.

However, it's not going to help stat bloat. We'll definitely need an item squish next expansion.

Basically it seems to be put into place to keep VP valuable even if you're raiding. Typically heroic raiders have little interest in VP once they get decked out, but now they'll have reasons to keep at those hundreds of dailies/factions, scenarios, dungeons and etc. Keeps people from getting bored and keeps random queues filled with people with brains!

Quote Originally Posted by toychristopher View Post
    900 valor points to upgrade one item? So that's like over 10,000 valor points to upgrade all your gear.... I'm guessing valor points are gonna start dropping like candy in Mist of Pandaria.
    Did you read at all? The values are not even in-game and are just PLACEHOLDERS input by MMO-C. Crikey, if you're going to leave a comment at least read the post first...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    toychristopher - your not reading posts before comment.... All of the numbers used here are fake and for demonstration purposes only!!

I think I am going to wait for the official blog about the vp upgrades. It sounds like a nice idea, but I don't think it's worth it to speculate with the small amount of information I have now.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder how many ways there are to say "rogues are fine"? I guess we'll find out if this continues.

Deleted
    900 valor points to upgrade one item? So that's like over 10,000 valor points to upgrade all your gear.... I'm guessing valor points are gonna start dropping like candy in Mist of Pandaria.
    i'm more worried by the jump of 25ilvl per upgrade (for reference going from t13 LFR to t13 HEROIC is 26 ilvl). Having an item going from 425 to 500 is A LOT. Way too much.
    We are talking taking a donjon item and turning it into something equivalen to heroic raid drop here !
    Upgrading an t14 heroic drop like this will probably brake the game even in t15 ...

Deleted
    Who says you're gonna have valor point items in all slots in MoP? Nowadays you only have neck, cloak and a ring if you're raiding on a decent level. What's the point in making assumptions and QQ about it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    [*]The minimum item level to upgrade gear is 375
    Therefor every piece of gear above 375 is upgradable, not only "valor gear".
    Btw i belive i remember a blue post saying that there will be no valor gear anymore anyway.

3 upgrades means essentially every single item will be [Ladeeda Belt U1] or [Chest Item U3] or [Simple Wand U0]... interesting way to invoke "tiers within items".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephs View Post
    Who says you're gonna have valor point items in all slots in MoP? Nowadays you only have neck, cloak and a ring if you're raiding on a decent level. What's the point in making assumptions and QQ about it?
    If you would only just read for once instead of only looking at pictures, you'd know the numbers were made up.

I think the numbers might start high, but they'll become smaller each time u use an upgrade, ex :

1/3 = 15 ilvl
    2/3 = 10 ilvl
    3/3 = 05 ilvl

Aight, we'll see what happens ^^
    Last edited by mmoc4797852bd6; 2012-06-18 at 01:49 AM.

High Overlord Ultraviolet Harmonies's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    i'm more worried by the jump of 25ilvl per upgrade (for reference going from t13 LFR to t13 HEROIC is 26 ilvl). Having an item going from 425 to 500 is A LOT. Way too much.
    We are talking taking a donjon item and turning it into something equivalen to heroic raid drop here !
    Upgrading an t14 heroic drop like this will probably brake the game even in t15 ...
    All numbers are made up. These numbers are made up. They are not final. The 25 item level jump is a number Chaud made up. You are wasting your time here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraviolet Harmonies View Post
    All numbers are made up. These numbers are made up. They are not final. The 25 item level jump is a number Chaud made up. You are wasting your time here.
    Yes, and and the valor cost of 300 is made up and could be anything from 5 to 1'000 valor. heck it could be something other than valor used, like some rep token instead.
    and the 2/3 is made up, could be a single upgrade or 10 upgrades per item too.
    and the ilv jump is made up, could be a single ilvl per upgrade to 50ilvl, who knows ?
    and the stat jump is also made up, heck could be anthing really, why not a +100 agi instead.
    actually the pic is mostly useless and doesn't tell us anything else that gear will be upgradable is some way or an other.
    So i wonder, what was the point of the picture in the first place ?

Yea right, a ban. China have that law as well.
    Problem is, how can is enforce it? Base on tip offs? It is even more difficult than arresting bit torrent seeders.
    But well, we need to see how is the first arrest and case is actually implemented in court.

Oh and about the upgrade, I would say it is to compensate for certain gear that on the table but never drops for the group, to remove some RNG factor on raid progression.
    But given the price now (900 for 3/3?), I would say it is a little too cheap. No way upgrading a LFG chest is cheaper than buying a brand new valor chest.
    Last edited by good diu bro; 2012-06-18 at 03:18 AM.

Does this mean they aren't going to be making new gear on the valor vendors and it's just upgrades the entire expac from t14 off pieces?

Again people are not reading. EVERY number is FAKE, and are here for demonstration purposes. ONLY REAL number is required minimum item level...

Just what we need, another government prying more into our personal lives.

I hope no one supports the insane tyrannical actions that Korea has just proposed.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems like everyone is missing the obvious implication of this law as it pertains to the RMAH. Does the fact that the RMAH is Blizzard sanctioned change anything about it being illegal in SK?

Quote Originally Posted by shamestia View Post
    Does this mean they aren't going to be making new gear on the valor vendors and it's just upgrades the entire expac from t14 off pieces?
    My understanding of it that Blizzard didn't like having 2 currencies to buy gear with, the last I heard was that justice was used to buy items and valor was going to be used to upgrade items. As to what kind of items will be available for justice points and when I haven't heard anything.