70-100k Unbuffed DPS on Barbarian

How is this even possible?

I have bought alot of gear on AH with Str/Vit 100+ with 50+ res on each peice of gear for inferno farming (now 2 hand barbing Act 2) Attack speed on head/hands/wep/rings/amulet. My 2 hand wep is 1.172k dps two hand axe.

and i'm just sitting at 31k dps, yes considering my specced for defence cause im not a shield barb and refuse to play like that.

How do these barbs gain so much unbuffed dps?? what stats are they stacknig to achieve it?

Cause im all for PvP and i wanna be ready when the pvp patch lands. Although i know PvP will not allow such damage to other chars and the evidence is that 'PvP Balance buff' that was datamined not too long ago. And it makes sense that we cant 100k crit each other in pvp. with standard HP being around 30-50k for most 60s.

Deleted
    ias + crit hit chance + crit damage can get u some sick numbers, no to mention 2x 1handed weapons with socket for 50-100 crit dmg gem and some base crit dmg on them..

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    ias + crit hit chance + crit damage can get u some sick numbers, no to mention 2x 1handed weapons with socket for 50-100 crit dmg gem and some base crit dmg on them..
    Ahh thanks, I thought it might be to do with Crit Dmg & Crit chance.

What is IaS? Sorry.

increases attack speed iirc
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spinalc0rd View Post
    Ahh thanks, I thought it might be to do with Crit Dmg & Crit chance.

What is IaS? Sorry.
    Increased Attack Speed

Deleted
    two rings with 70+ str and 15% AS and 20%+ crit damage, neck with 200+ str and 7%+ crit hit chance/dmg, 1400+ dps weapon with a slot and crit hit damage, bracers with 130+ str and crit chance... all in all you'd need around 2k str, 300% crit damage, 30% chance any maybe around 40% attack speed. so yeah, good luck brah

Thanks guys I got plenty of IAS, now need to figure how to get more Crit chance and Crit dmg without sacrificing important stats. I plan to get a 1.5k dps wep so ill be looking for one with Crit dmg an IAS.

Deleted
    gettin gear with pure dps stats will leave u feelin like a glass cannon tho which might hurt as melee, or getting gear with str,vita,allresi, ias/crit/critdamage will cost you most of your organs + all your gold + your first born child or two :|

Deleted
    Thanks guys I got plenty of IAS, now need to figure how to get more Crit chance and Crit dmg without sacrificing important stats. I plan to get a 1.5k dps wep so ill be looking for one with Crit dmg an IAS.
    well with one weapon you can potentially get up to around 160% crit damage. 60% crit damage on the weapon plus a slot with a 100% gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    gettin gear with pure dps stats will leave u feelin like a glass cannon tho which might hurt as melee, or getting gear with str,vita,allresi, ias/crit/critdamage will cost you most of your organs + all your gold + your first born child or two :|
    Yeah i'm already having that sinking feeling. but hey since i started farming Act 2 the gear drops are like 39582905823905 times better than Act 1 butcher. I already found 4 pieces of gear that are better than anything ive gotten from butcher runs. Sold one item for 1 mil alrdy and one for 700k.

---------- Post added 2012-06-18 at 01:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    well with one weapon you can potentially get up to around 160% crit damage. 60% crit damage on the weapon plus a slot with a 100% gem.
    Wow, Sweet idea.

How much for the 100% crit damage gem

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

I was going to make a thread about this but you beat me to it.

My gear's pretty much mostly act 4 hell and act 1 inferno stuff so I know not to expect too much.. but seeing some of damage some barbs pull just baffles me.

I wish I could check out peoples armouries for clues..

I'm stuck with a 700 dps weapon cause I can't afford any better.. 9918 armor with shout, 300 all res, but my dps is appalling.. 7.8k

Quote Originally Posted by Schmiggy View Post
    I was going to make a thread about this but you beat me to it.

My gear's pretty much mostly act 4 hell and act 1 inferno stuff so I know not to expect too much.. but seeing some of damage some barbs pull just baffles me.

I wish I could check out peoples armouries for clues..

I'm stuck with a 700 dps weapon cause I can't afford any better.. 9918 armor with shout, 300 all res, but my dps is appalling.. 7.8k
    Id be much more worried about your resistances. You need almost 500 more to really progress past act 1. Dont worry about your dmg imo. Just get another defensive stats to survive for now and then find a friendly DH or Wiz to play with that's what I have been doing till the patch at least.

If you are doing 2handers, go Axe/Mace. i think it is for the passive to critical damage from one of your passive ability's.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    How much for the 100% crit damage gem
    I'm not 100% sure but I think it is 729 x Flawless Square Emerald, 1631 x Tome of Secrets and 15,4 million gold per one (if you have designs). Atm gems are 1.26 million and tomes 0.62 million. So total cost is about 17.3 million if you buy everything from AH. Needed designs cost 6.2 million so the first gem will cost 23.5 million.
    Last edited by Spoiledkid; 2012-06-18 at 04:05 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledkid View Post
    I'm not 100% sure but I think it is 729 x Flawless Square Emerald, 1631 x Tome of Secrets and 15,4 million gold per one (if you have designs). Atm gems are 1.26 million and tomes 0.62 million. So total cost is about 17.3 million if you buy everything from AH. Needed designs cost 6.2 million so the first gem will cost 23.5 million.
    Very much correct on the estimated cost, It's EXTREMELY expensive

Check my vid out if you haven't already. Got 78k dps with dual wield unbuffed. My gear and spec is in the desc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGsMBax8qyo

Essentially it's about high crit rate and crit damage and tonnes str. Attack speed is great as well, get that on everything you can (exclude legendary/set items).

Cash is the limit really. To be tanky you need vit/str/all res, which you can get on everything without sacrificing dps stats. My gear cost me about 14 mil but this was few weeks ago when stuff wasn't crazy priced.

Deleted
    you should check out kingkongor LOL. was watching his stream earlier and he has 2400 str, 51% crit chance, 550% crit damage and 2.5 attack speed. something ridiculous like 200k unbuffed and up to 620k buffed!

Deleted
    Wow, Sweet idea.
    Always use the crit damage gem over the damage gem (at 60) as the damage gem is bugged and isn't giving its full amount.