Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    How are you dealing with this ? If i continue at this rate i'll be at 0 gold this week end, without possibility of having a good income.
    I'm perfectly fine. I have roughly 1 mil gold on me atm (always spending/making more) and the repair costs hardly affect me.

Stop dying and you wont be spending so much money on repairs. It's as simple as that.

[/thread]

10+ Year Old Account
    I stopped playing weeks ago. And from what I read about 1.03, the game is a lot worse. Very disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    I stopped playing weeks ago. And from what I read about 1.03, the game is a lot worse. Very disappointing.
    Depends who you talk to. I think the 1.0.3 changes are great, I still far out-earn my repair costs from sellable items alone, and all the gold I gather in the meantime is cake. Characters feel much more balanced, and the upward progression of difficulty is much more smooth.

As I've stated before, gamers hate change. They don't like to change playstyles, and they certainly don't like changes to mechanics. The Game Change Rage has been a common thing since the mid-90s and has no sign of ever stopping.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Deleted
    You're not supposed to go glass cannon, get res like everyone else and you won't have any problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Depends who you talk to. I think the 1.0.3 changes are great, I still far out-earn my repair costs from sellable items alone, and all the gold I gather in the meantime is cake. Characters feel much more balanced, and the upward progression of difficulty is much more smooth.

As I've stated before, gamers hate change. They don't like to change playstyles, and they certainly don't like changes to mechanics. The Game Change Rage has been a common thing since the mid-90s and has no sign of ever stopping.
    Doesn't change the fact that the game just isn't very fun anymore. I leveled every class through normal and I have no desire to come back. I hear the game just gets much worse when Elites become just frustrating obstacles and every of the same class is teh same. No specializations, no permanence, no fun in the grinding. At least in Dialbo 2 I could grind for Loot, runes and XP all at the same time.

Doesn't change the fact that the game just isn't very fun anymore. I leveled every class through normal and I have no desire to come back. I hear the game just gets much worse when Elites become just frustrating obstacles and every of the same class is teh same. No specializations, no permanence, no fun in the grinding. At least in Dialbo 2 I could grind for Loot, runes and XP all at the same time.
    You hear that from the vocal minority who bother to come on forums and bitch about games. Do you honestly believe the keyboard warriors who come on here to rage are a popular representation of the 6.4 million people who bought the game?

The Drunkard's Walk is a great book about how badly humans are at estimating statistic probability. A good chapter is on visible representation. I also believe Proofiness has a very good chapter on media manipulation construing the outcome of political elections and sales numbers.

You do know what Diablo is about right ? You played through normal on all characters ? Grats, you experienced maybe 1/4 of the game. Did not unlock all the runes for all the skills (maybe not even all the skills if under level 30).

With 1.03, D3 is much more fun, Inferno is still challenging but not stupid as it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't agree with the change as I feel Blizz is looking for a gold sink (since they failed to put any in the game) and ended up just taxing the the poorer/casual players cause the people with millions aren't really going to notice it. Like telling Trump you ruined his $10,000 suit, he would just tell you to go buy him 10 more to replace it without batting an eye.

Unless you have the cash you really have to take in your deaths per run as a factor. I can blaze through act 1 with zero deaths but 2-3 I'm still in one shot territory so the risk/reward numbers start looking really skewed. I still think the drop rates wont help individuals find gear they need to progress in Inferno without use of at least the gold AH, so if you plan on beating Inferno without hitting the AH good luck.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    I don't agree with the change as I feel Blizz is looking for a gold sink (since they failed to put any in the game) and ended up just taxing the the poorer/casual players cause the people with millions aren't really going to notice it. Like telling Trump you ruined his $10,000 suit, he would just tell you to go buy him 10 more to replace it without batting an eye.

Unless you have the cash you really have to take in your deaths per run as a factor. I can blaze through act 1 with zero deaths but 2-3 I'm still in one shot territory so the risk/reward numbers start looking really skewed. I still think the drop rates wont help individuals find gear they need to progress in Inferno without use of at least the gold AH, so if you plan on beating Inferno without hitting the AH good luck.
    Honestly, I've never understood people getting one-shot. I run a Barb and DH at 60 and have never once been oneshot. I've died in less than 2 seconds, when a plague/desecrate spawns under me trapped between walls and 4 dudes laying a beatdown, but I have never been oneshot by a single mob.

I found a bow that has 1178 dps on it. I'm a DH. Looked it up and it costs about 5 mil. It came off a white mob. Just wanted to share that. Also, I MAYBE have an avg of 62 ilvl gear, except the bow is 63. I was running with two buddies, and while they were messing with their skills in town, I cleared half the act by myself....with mobs increased by 250% hp. Act 1 is Incredibly easy. Even WITH about 50k worth of repairs due to stupid combos, I didn't make less than 250k per run, starting at skele king. Takes MAYBE an hour to run the whole thing. I can do the same in Act 2. I have less than 200 resil, and I killed azmodan with 5 stacks PRENERF. Now? This shit is so easy its fun. I absolutely LOVE watching 8 to 10 guys explode in a gory mess due to my traps. I hated Nether tentacle anyways. Always preferred devouring arrow/frost arrow. Seems more...I dunno...natural to kite with. Oh and traps....hehehe...things go BOOM!.

One more thing. To the guy who BROKE HIS HAND OVER A ViDEO GAME, you need to chill out and walk away man. Oh....and Vault sucks. Use smokescreen instead. You'll do a lot better

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 11:51 AM ----------

haha...i called it resil. Oh man...WoW ruined me a tad hehehe

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the few friends of mine tell me the same thing as this "vocal minority" you speak off.

Quote Originally Posted by Synche View Post
    You do know what Diablo is about right ? You played through normal on all characters ? Grats, you experienced maybe 1/4 of the game. Did not unlock all the runes for all the skills (maybe not even all the skills if under level 30).

With 1.03, D3 is much more fun, Inferno is still challenging but not stupid as it was.
    What is your point? Mine is that I have no desire to keep playing. In diablo 2 I probably rolled about 10 characters when it first game out. I didn't get them all to 99 or even 80, but I enjoyed most of it. The game had its flaws but I found myself coming back to it to try a new spec/class. Diablo 3 just will not have that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Honestly, I've never understood people getting one-shot. I run a Barb and DH at 60 and have never once been oneshot. I've died in less than 2 seconds, when a plague/desecrate spawns under me trapped between walls and 4 dudes laying a beatdown, but I have never been oneshot by a single mob.
    Listing your Armor/Resist/Vit on your DH would help and how much it cost you to get that gear. I can take hits in Act 1, Act 2 I can Gloom through hits but there are so many things to dodge it's not worth it, Act 3 is similar just better return on your drop rate but still filled with mobs that 1 shot me.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

I was having this problem farming act 2 on my WD with some friends. I got down to 70g after my repair, so we decided to go to act 1 and we farmed that for like an hour or two. Im now up to almost 400k gold and am almost 50 dollars richer(gotta love the RMAH)

I think people underestimate the skill system as well. Myself (DH) and both my D3 buddies (WD and Wiz) have tanking builds! It actually works too! Granted our gear needs some work to tank further than act 2, but the option is there! Learn to be creative instead of following what everyone else says you are SUPPOSED to do. This isn't an MMO. People won't make fun of you, I promise. Just have a little fun for once. Pro 1.0.3 Although I do feel for you melee guys. The whole durability damage without even dying thing is kinda over the top. Maybe a reduction for melee damage durability loss is in need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard wants to create more artificial hurdles so that players take even longer to complete the game.

The game had more grind than Vanilla WoW or D2 to begin with.

Your options are to farm more or cash out.

Personally, I think it's disgusting that Blizzard took a perfectly fine game and watered it down just to squeeze more money and time out of it.

Meanwhile, I'll be playing a game that hasn't become a fucking waste of time.

Oh please say you are talking about WoW. It would brighten my morning to hear such a great joke

Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Listing your Armor/Resist/Vit on your DH would help and how much it cost you to get that gear. I can take hits in Act 1, Act 2 I can Gloom through hits but there are so many things to dodge it's not worth it, Act 3 is similar just better return on your drop rate but still filled with mobs that 1 shot me.
    I'm not at home ATM, but I believe my armor is somewhere around 4.5k when running solo, I'm at ~500 RA (fluctuations based on the random resistance stats) and have around 25k HP. Full disclosure: on my DH, I'm only about 3/4 thru act 2 (about to fight ZK) as of last night. I have spent maybe ~600k gold on my DH, but I levelled my Barb up first and alot of my DHs gear has come from Barb drops that I've hand-me-downed to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Blizzard wants to create more artificial hurdles so that players take even longer to complete the game.

Personally, I think it's disgusting that Blizzard took a perfectly fine game and watered it down just to squeeze more money and time out of it.

Who are you to say that a game isn't a waste of time for someone else? Really, all games are timewasters. It's a matter of whether someone else is having fun or not that makes it worthwhile. Don't be so narrow minded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher13 View Post
    Oh please say you are talking about WoW. It would brighten my morning to hear such a great joke
    No. Hahah! But that would be funny. Probably Skyrim DLC.

Ah yes. The vast ocean that has the depth of a shallow puddle. Such a better way to spend ones leisure time. But hey! It has non sparkling vampires in it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post

Either that, or you'll be spending that time that you just got by quitting Diablo 3 on QQing about it on the forums.