Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    This is the exact same case for WoW. "Freedom to play how you want to play". Honestly, explain to me how you can't do the same in every other MMO. If you want to just focus on crafting you can dedicate yourself to that. If all you want to do is PvP - go ahead.
    oh yes, the freedom to run the small selection of 'relevant" content for months on end

OR

do endless smallscale pvp

OR

do slightly larger but still rather small (comeon the genre is called MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER) scale pvp.

If none of the above suits you... have fun running pointless quests in two or three locations until the next major patch. Focus on crafting in a game where the dungeon and raid drops make all those goods irrelevant? Hell the ONLY reason people took up crafting in WotLK and Cata was that they had passive stat bonuses.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Anyone know how long it will take before they will do the ship rebalance?

is it still possible to get a trial invite from anyone?
    i have been wanting to try this game for sometime and this feels like the perfect time to start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, gimme your e-mail and I'll send you one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    I could care less about people picking up on grammar mistakes in forum posts. How about I retract my entire post because of it!

Edit: As I know it's coming; If I really did care less, I wouldn't have even posted this, so yes, I could care less, but then you would never have known, would you?
    Just a small point as people often pull the condescension with this saying. "I could care less" actually is an old saying is said in a sarcastic manner. It is probably from jewish culture who has lots of saying like this. "Oh sure, I should be so lucky" I could care less and I couldn't care less actually both are correct but used in different manners.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Excel online. Most exciting part was the character creation screen. There's no content, it's boring. Game seems to have a pretty solid fanbase, but I don't get why. People always tell me yeah there's stuff to do, but they don't throw it at you. I don't know, it didn't excite me. I loved the idea of a game set in space. The back story of the different races/nations seemed interesting, but beyond the character creation screen I didn't see any of that.
    Well you are so wrong m8.First I need to say I played wow and I have still sub going ,but I canceled sub and I am glad that I did that.After 5 years of playing wow and than starting EVE,made me think why the f... I wasted my time in wow.
    Problem when wow player end in eve ,is that he cant understand there is no content like in other games.PVP has no limits so you can shoot,scam ,spy do w/e you want and that hurts ppl.It is not place for emotional ppl.It is harsh place where learning curve is so long ,that it is not rare that ppl after few year of playing eve still dont know like 30 % of game mechanic.
    PvP in eve is compared to other mmo games miles ahead.You can kill ships that are sick expensive with pilots few days old.Point is ,it give you chance to compete even you are new guy in tiny ship,not like I go with my lvl 85 and kill all that is under my lvl.
    You also need to know that average player age in eve is way higher than in wow for example.It is not rare to find ppl with over 50 years old that will pwn you ass in pvp.It is really game that ask advanced brain usage.

For me wow is like tetris compared to eve.I cleared all content in wow,all expansion on normal or hc mode.I played it as hard core raider ,and in several top 100 world guilds .But when I saw what guilds aka corps can do in eve,and lvl of evil they can produce and control I was blown away.

Imo I finally found game that is hard enough to play for me ,and ask full focus not "dont stand in fire" mechanic that ppl still fail on.No more spoon feeding just survive.
    Last edited by Peca; 2012-06-19 at 08:08 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandoh View Post
    is it still possible to get a trial invite from anyone?
    i have been wanting to try this game for sometime and this feels like the perfect time to start.
    Make sure to grab an invite from someone who promises you the plex if you subscribe; I know there are several people in this thread who are happy to do that (Jinna, Kumdah, me, etc), and it's a great way to get a free month or some starting cash.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll put mine out there. Send me a PM with your email and I'll send you in 21day trial also.
    my SWTOR referal link:
    http://www.swtor.com/r/CVCyHD

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Make sure to grab an invite from someone who promises you the plex if you subscribe; I know there are several people in this thread who are happy to do that (Jinna, Kumdah, me, etc), and it's a great way to get a free month or some starting cash.
    thats the worst idea ever. If i invite someone, then they get the 21 day trial. and IF they subscribe, then i get a plex. BUT the best alternative is if the person really enjoys it, then ill give them one of my plexes and have them use it right then. Then i get a fresh new plex in the redeeming system, and they dont have to pay the $5 service fee.

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 07:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    Hey, sorry for the longish post but bear with me.

I'm a PvPer, always have been always will be. Now, I've tried to get into EvE PvP but I can't make heads or tails of it. I'm just looking for some basic tips to get me started. I've had the game for about a month and love it. What I want to know is pretty much how to get started with Solo PvP. What are some good ships/loadouts as well as general tips for finding other players to kill. Any implants/special skills which are 'optional' (for instance, Thermodynamics; just found out about that today lol). Help is much appreciated.

Cheers for the response guys!
    solo pvp is pretty much impossible when youre starting out, because of all the roles that need to be covered. at minimum you need a tackler and a damage dealer, and new players wont have the skills to do both effectively. but if you get in with a 0.0 alliance then use Evemon and corp advice then after 3-4 months you should be decent.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirreludecker View Post
    thats the worst idea ever. If i invite someone, then they get the 21 day trial. and IF they subscribe, then i get a plex. BUT the best alternative is if the person really enjoys it, then ill give them one of my plexes and have them use it right then. Then i get a fresh new plex in the redeeming system, and they dont have to pay the $5 service fee.
    Except, I already get enough people who request a trial and then try to scam me by paying with a game time code or some other non-eligible payment method, and then try to trick me out of the PLEX. It would be even worse if I gave a trial to someone and one of my own PLEXs and just take it on faith that they will use it right away? More likely they will take my PLEX and sell it, and send the ISK to their real character and never upgrade the account.

No, the way I do things right now is much safer for me. I wait until I get the PLEX in my redeem box and then give the trialist the option of picking it up in Jita (where I have an alt) or I can sell it and forward them on the ISK.

The last thing I want is to lose one of my own PLEX for trying to be a nice guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirreludecker View Post
    solo pvp is pretty much impossible when youre starting out, because of all the roles that need to be covered. at minimum you need a tackler and a damage dealer, and new players wont have the skills to do both effectively. but if you get in with a 0.0 alliance then use Evemon and corp advice then after 3-4 months you should be decent.
    yeah, read a lot about "skill > gear" sort of thing which is why I initially tried it out; ended up getting stomped. joined a 0.0 alliance though and having fun. cheers!
    this game sucks

Deleted
    Can I ask for a 21 day trial? Say here so i know who to PM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krip123 View Post
    Can I ask for a 21 day trial? Say here so i know who to PM
    pm me you email. I'll set you up with the plex to if you sub.

Deleted
    So, how about some Goons making about 300 Trillion ISK aye?

Napkin math - something in the region of $50,000,000 equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Triage View Post
    So, how about some Goons making about 300 Trillion ISK aye?

Napkin math - something in the region of $50,000,000 equivalent.
    This is suprising? Its almost like ccp wants them to do good, fix tech moons allready.

Last I read it was only 6 trillion, and CCP is currently deciding whether or not to remove it. If it was 300 trillion they sure as hell would do something.

10+ Year Old Account
    is it only me that is downloading something today ? 672 mb

Deleted
    The new titan weapons, they're pretty big.

There are no new titan weapons.