Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Took me 1 hour to find it, but here it is http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/?page=23

He says how they will not recycle and recolor, but serves us recycled and recolored stuff???

I do not understand how you blindly defend Blizzard, it is beyond me.
    His quote is specifically referring to heroic and raid achievement mounts.
    So for example the achievement for completing all the raids on heroic that usually offers an individual mount. We’re trying to make sure that mount is different than the mount that you get for the dungeon hero. So if you remember back to Cataclysm it was essentially a protodrake with different colors. So what we are trying to do here is trying to create mounts that have a different look for each one. That’s not going to be everywhere. Obviously we’re still going to have mounts that have multiple colors and will give the mount in different ways, but I think the goal is to make sure that if you get a mount like that you feel unique.
    Helps when you don't chop it up and leave parts out.
    Now lets compare that to your "quote"
    "we are totally gonna have HUNDREDS of new mounts. They will not just be recolored old mounts, we swear!" - Official blue lie
    yeah...
    Last edited by leaks; 2012-06-21 at 12:55 PM.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

15+ Year Old Account
    Oooh yes, nom nom nom. I love it when the people who know nothing of 3d work come in screaming their heads off.
    Nice job on the pic Chonar, I was going to make one myself one of these days, but yours is pretty great!

Actually on topic, the phoenix looks great and I had the same idea as Sighz about the actual drops and such, just based off of how they look.

Quote Originally Posted by Daverid View Post
    "There will be some unique mounts, so that when you see someone with it you will recognize that they have really accomplished something."

They don't say anything there at all about the mounts being Recoloured. It could just be a Unique model (Like perhaps the Pheonix) and no matter the colour it can ONLY be obtained by doing something extremely special or challenging and cannot be obtained through any easy means.
    Unique model =/= 4 old phoenixes with weird hippogryph legs

They clearly say that they will not just have a bunch of recolored mounts, but in fact have 7 colored serpents, 6 colored turtles and 6 colored grand turtles, 6 colored panthers, 4 colored phoenixes... nothing unique about any of those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough with the flying mounts. Need more unique and interesting land based mounts.

Signed,
    A Druid
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Deleted
    Am I the only one who though "Druid flight form" when they saw it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Unique model =/= 4 old phoenixes with weird hippogryph legs
    Let's assume you're actually interpreting the quote right, then. You're not by the way, the quote means there will be *some* mounts of which no recolors exist. Like Ashes of A'lar, until Cataclysm. But I digress. For the sake of argument, lets assume you didn't misinterpret anything.

If we assume this, then still, your opinions are irrelevant when cold, hard, OBJECTIVE facts debuke them entirely.

u·nique (y-nk)
    adj.
    1. Being the only one of its kind: the unique existing example of Donne's handwriting.

Does the original Phoenix have legs? Does it have Birds of Paradise plumeage?
    If the answer is no, than the Pandaren Phoenix is unique.

Like Donne's handwriting. I'm sure it has letters, but the way in which she writes them is hers and hers only.

According to the bloody dictionary.

Now if you go on about remodels being "reskins", and actual reskins being recolors (which makes people who actually have worked with 3D modelling, like myself, gouge their eyes out), you're still wrong, and I refer you back to my "dumb picture".
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Let's assume you're actually interpreting the quote right, then. You're not by the way, the quote means there will be *some* mounts of which no recolors exist. Like Ashes of A'lar, until Cataclysm. But I digress. For the sake of argument, lets assume you didn't misinterpret anything.

If we assume this, then still, your opinions are irrelevant when cold, hard, OBJECTIVE facts debuke them entirely.

u·nique (y-nk)
    adj.
    1. Being the only one of its kind: the unique existing example of Donne's handwriting.

Does the original Phoenix have legs? Does it have Birds of Paradise plumeage?
    If the answer is no, than the Pandaren Phoenix is unique.

Like Donne's handwriting. I'm sure it has letters, but the way in which she writes them is hers and hers only.

According to the bloody dictionary.

Now if you go on about remodels being "reskins", and actual reskins being recolors (which makes people who actually have worked with 3D modelling, like myself, gouge their eyes out), you're still wrong, and I refer you back to my "dumb picture".
    How can they be UNIQUE when they are 4 of them? Do you even read what you write? Also strapping horse legs does not mean it is a "New model"

u·nique   [yoo-neek]
    adjective
    existing as the only one or as the sole example; single; solitary in type or characteristics: a unique copy of an ancient manuscript.

How can they be UNIQUE when they are 4 of them? Do you even read what you write? Also strapping horse legs does not mean it is a "New model"

u·nique   [yoo-neek]
    adjective
    existing as the only one or as the sole example; single; solitary in type or characteristics: a unique copy of an ancient manuscript.
    I trully cannot believe your insolence... Admitting you're wrong is not easy... is it?

10+ Year Old Account
    u·nique   [yoo-neek]
    adjective
    Please re-read the opening statement of my last post.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by xStandeR View Post
    I trully cannot believe your insolence... Admitting you're wrong is not easy... is it?
    Wouldn't know

Wouldn't know
    Nevermind... I've had enough with you

Deleted
    bwaaah. this thread is making me nervous. all this bs about new/unique, remodel/reskin just makes my head hurt. it just doesn't matter if the model is new or if it was in the game before, but it with green sparkle falling out of its ass...

if you like the mount hooray for you. if you don't so what? there's a crapload of mounts in this game and why does it matter if the firehawk has the same bone structure as the protos? so that you have another reason to say blizzard is o so lazy and everything in the game is rehashed content? why do people feel the need to bash every little thing that blizzard releases? "omagod fenix with teh lex. fuuu blizztard got teh lasies." don't you see how ridiculous you are?

ot: omagod fenix with teh lex and no sparkle. i want to go to there. :-P

As it stands

http://mop.wowhead.com/items=15.5?fi...rs=5;crv=0#0-2

The only unique mounts are http://mop.wowhead.com/item=83086 (Recruit a friend) and http://mop.wowhead.com/item=85870 (Collector's edition)

Both do not require Skill or Dedication to get just throwing money at Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Babelfisch View Post
    bwaaah. this thread is making me nervous. all this bs about new/unique, remodel/reskin just makes my head hurt. it just doesn't matter if the model is new or if it was in the game before, but it with green sparkle falling out of its ass...

if you like the mount hooray for you. if you don't so what? there's a crapload of mounts in this game and why does it matter if the firehawk has the same bone structure as the protos? so that you have another reason to say blizzard is o so lazy and everything in the game is rehashed content? why do people feel the need to bash every little thing that blizzard releases? "omagod fenix with teh lex. fuuu blizztard got teh lasies." don't you see how ridiculous you are?

ot: omagod fenix with teh lex and no sparkle. i want to go to there. :-P
    Because they are not Lazy, they only care about money. Check out how the Heart of Aspects and Guardian, they are still unique. I have a right to complain when i pay 8 months for same content and after that i get the same content recolored.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2012-06-21 at 01:59 PM.

You have a right to complain alright. You do not, however, have a right for your complaints to be taken seriously, especially when they are born from ignorance, and everybody else has a right to ignore your complaints.
    Wouldn't know
    You should try it. It's nice once you calmed down afterwards.
    Last edited by huth; 2012-06-21 at 02:01 PM.

hey Cybran if
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Obviously we’re still going to have mounts that have multiple colors and will give the mount in different ways, but I think the goal is to make sure that if you get a mount like that you feel unique.
    looks familiar, it's because you posted it a little while ago in this thread.

so, looks like Blizzard is being upfront about some of the new models having a handful of recolors

---------- Post added 2012-06-21 at 02:03 PM ----------

As it stands

The only unique mounts are http://mop.wowhead.com/item=83086 (Recruit a friend) and http://mop.wowhead.com/item=85870 (Collector's edition)

Because they are not Lazy, they only care about money. Check out how the Heart of Aspects and Guardian, they are still unique. I have a right to complain when i pay 8 months for same content and after that i get the same content recolored.
    wait so the only two unique mounts are the new RaF and CE mounts...... and also the two store mounts?
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Albert the fish View Post
    hey Cybran if
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Obviously we’re still going to have mounts that have multiple colors and will give the mount in different ways, but I think the goal is to make sure that if you get a mount like that you feel unique.
    looks familiar, it's because you posted it a little while ago in this thread.

so, looks like Blizzard is being upfront about some of the new models having a handful of recolors
    Than he should have said "We will keep making tons of the same mount in different color and keep the unique ones for people who throw money at us"

Deleted
    As it stands

Because they are not Lazy, they only care for money. Check out the Heart of Aspects and Guardian they are still unique. I have a right to complain when i pay 8 months for same content and after that i get recolored same content.
    but how are mounts new content? and i give you the 8 months without new content. ds was a mess and the new expansion is taking them too long. thats what im agreeing to. but come on. what is it with you and mounts? i am a collector of mounts too. got 132 mounts on my account but i am fine with the pandaria mounts so far. the panda phoenix is nothing special to me. as someone said earlier it's looks like a mashup between a hippogryph(?) and the phoenix mount. so i don't care much for them, because these are the two mounts that i find most boring/ugly ingame.

are in beta at the moment? if you are i can't understand why you call the new content recolored. you know there are not only the mounts in pandaria. have you been to the new zones? have you done some of the new instances? have you tried the monk class? where is the recolored/rehashed content in there? (besides scholo and scarlet monastery reworks and i mentioned them only because i know someone will point them out to me if i don't mention them specifically :-))

Than he should have said "We will keep making tons of the same mount in different color and keep the unique ones for people who throw money at us"
    at this point i'm pretty sure you're just trolling and trying to wind people up. so i'm not going to continue on with this silliness.
    if you really think that way, enjoy your own bile.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Deleted
    First of all, I have to say that these Phoenix mounts are... Gorgeous!
    They may not be totally new unique mounts but they surely have amazing details and I don't know about you all, I love them!
    Secondly, to all people who say that blizzard doesn't try to make the mounts new and look much better are wrong, look at the yaks, dragon turtles, cranes, panthers, cloud serprents! And let's not forget they said that the challenge mode mount will be a unique one.
    Thirdly to get back on the Phoenix topic, I don't think any of the phoenix mounts will be from the Glory since Crimson Cloud Serprent is that one, I believe one will be a rare spawn like Time-Lost, the other will be for guild glory of the pandaria raider, the other will be a vendor rep/token mount (like (west?) wind drake from TB) and the last will be a dungeon/raid boss drop!

Deleted
    More like phoenix & peacock hybrids, but yeah - they look beautiful.Most likely meta.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peafowl