10+ Year Old Account
    sometimes turning around a team that is performing below expectations and getting them to succeed as they should is good enough for trophy consideration, but its regular season considerations, and while most would say that Sutter did an excellent job righting the ship, most of his top coaching merits were in the post-season

10+ Year Old Account
    Harding resigns with Minnesota. Confusing on his part... Guess he really likes the city.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sucks, I was really impressed when Calgary faced them and he was backing. Dude played solid. At least he'll make that team better, anything to make the Northwest less of a joke is a good thing imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm guessing this means Backstrom is out of Minnesota. His contract ends this year and is turning 35. Honestly if Backstrom becomes available, who would even think of trading for Luongo over him? If I'm Toronto I grab him if he is on the trade block. Price won't be too high and a 1 year contract won't mean handcuffing your team.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-06-22 at 07:35 AM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    I'm guessing this means Backstrom is out of Minnesota. His contract ends this year and is turning 35. Honestly if Backstrom becomes available, who would even think of trading for Luongo over him? If I'm Toronto I grab him if he is on the trade block. Price won't be too high and a 1 year contract won't mean handcuffing your team.
    Backstrom is supposedly staying and they are doing the platoon set up again until Harding takes over in a year or two full time. At least that is what I read somewhere a few days ago.

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 10:15 AM ----------

http://www.ontheforecheck.com/2012/6...vel-miles-team
    Total travel distances for each team for this year and next. The NHL did a pretty great job shaving off a significant amount of travel. Average is down about 2,000 miles per team. The Kings shave off 10,000 travel miles alone and not a single team cracks 50,000 miles this year.

Note: This is before Phoenix relocates to Quebec. Jamison still reportedly doesn't have the $170 million and the lawsuit against the city's lease agreement is growing traction reportedly.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-06-22 at 02:16 PM.

Bobrovsky traded to CBJ for 3 draft picks, 2nd round, 4th round, and a 4th round pick next year.

Really hoping Hampus Lindholm gets picked by a good team.
    He's a nice guy, and has an amazing playingstyle. He can be the guy that dangles away the opposition in a 1-against-4 rush (I've seen him do it at a senior level) and still be the guy who gets back home the fastest. Really taking initiative, a very good D-man in a few years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthvendor View Post
    Bobrovsky traded to CBJ for 3 draft picks, 2nd round, 4th round, and a 4th round pick next year.
    Wow did not see that coming. Grats Columbus on an upgrade in net.

There were a lot of rumors lately involving Bob to CBJ, the more recent one before the trade was Bob, JVR, Read, and a pick for Nash. I honestly would have been pretty annoyed if they gave away that much for Nash, I like Read, JVR is kinda meh in my opinion at times. I loved bob but he needs work and in order for him to get better he needs to play more, wasnt going to get that here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthvendor View Post
    There were a lot of rumors lately involving Bob to CBJ, the more recent one before the trade was Bob, JVR, Read, and a pick for Nash. I honestly would have been pretty annoyed if they gave away that much for Nash, I like Read, JVR is kinda meh in my opinion at times. I loved bob but he needs work and in order for him to get better he needs to play more, wasnt going to get that here.
    Lol I completely forgot Philly was rumored to be after Nash. Dude is such a good two way forward he would totally improve the Flyers /sarcasm. Good to see Philly committing to Bryz.

If anyone would like to join me, I'm in #mmoc-hockey. Nothing official. Just me. Albeit alone.
    Hoping to see Hampus Lindholm on stage soon.

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 01:15 AM ----------

Yakupov (spl?) 1st.
    No surprise there.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Edmonton can kiss all their salary gone in 3 years trying to keep Hall, Eberle, Yakupov and Nugent-Hopkins up front.

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 07:24 PM ----------

Howson is getting some serious boos. Murray second.

Mike Ribeiro to Washington.

Montreal picks Galchenyuk, fuck off.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2012-06-22 at 11:31 PM.

Who haven't they booed yet though? -.-

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 02:00 AM ----------

My boy Hampus!
    I've seen him grow up, never played with him personally though (I'm too old)
    Guess I'm going to become an Anaheim fan, point-blank.

I watched every game he played this season. This will be goooooood.

---------- Post added 2012-06-23 at 02:08 AM ----------

Staal from Pit to Carolina for... well, stuff. There were a lot of "and"
    1st 2012
    Brandon Sutter
    Brian Dumoulin (D)
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-06-23 at 12:16 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol Jordan Staal is going to walk away from Carolina next summer if they have a shit season, regardless of whether or not his brother is there.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Pittsburgh sure wants Parise..
    red panda red panda red panda!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    Pittsburgh sure wants Parise..
    And they want to spend 9 million dollars on Crosby next year, and then probably another 9 million on Malkin when he gets extended again. All I can say is, good fucking luck getting and keeping all of them under contract without fucking the rest of their team over. Also, if Parise signs with NJ or goes elsewhere, that's a huge troll to Ray Shero.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    And they want to spend 9 million dollars on Crosby next year, and then probably another 9 million on Malkin when he gets extended again. All I can say is, good fucking luck getting and keeping all of them under contract without fucking the rest of their team over. Also, if Parise signs with NJ or goes elsewhere, that's a huge troll to Ray Shero.
    That or they expect Crosby to get hit again and turn to dust or something.

I'm surprised Forsberg is still avaliable...
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Kings extend Jarret Stoll for 3 yrs $9.275Mil

15+ Year Old Account
    I went out and missed a ton of hockey news plus missed the start of the draft which I thought was at 9 lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    He is just testing the market more than likely. Someone out there is probably going to throw some obscene money at him and his hope is probably to force the Pens to match that amount. I would think Carolina would go after him. They are already overpaying one Staal brother, why not two? They have space and desperately need help.
    Called it.

Good luck Nail in Edmonton. 8 of the top 10 picks were defenseman and not a single one of them went to the team desperate for D help, Edmonton.

---------- Post added 2012-06-22 at 08:37 PM ----------

Visnovsky on his way to the Islanders.
    Ribiero going to Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    That or they expect Crosby to get hit again and turn to dust or something.

I'm surprised Forsberg is still avaliable...
    Me too, pretty much everyone besides Montreal and Edmonton are horny for D. Was really expecting Forsberg to be taken by Tampa Bay just now. Maybe Washington is taking him now? I just hope he doesn't go to Ottawa. Also curious when Subban will be drafted.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2012-06-23 at 12:41 AM.