Thread: The UFC Thread

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked Guida but this pissed me off beyond all comprehension. I am so proud of the 2 judges that scored the fight properly.

Quote Originally Posted by yesart View Post
    today's fight will be amazing
    I hope so, we need at least 2 great fights to save this awful card we're getting tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rich walks into an elevator filled with Wanderlei and his team.

Haven't really paid too much attention to ONE FC. Found out that they use Pride and unified mma rules, soccer kicks, stomps, and elbows are all allowed.

File size is too big to embed but here is a gif of Roger Huerta getting KO'ed at a ONE FC event.

http://sadpanda.us/images/1036584-7M0VFAL.gif
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2012-06-23 at 07:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me, or has Wanderlei become a human punching bag? :/ If he's smart, he should do maybe one or two more fights then hang up the gloves. Just seems like he doesn't have that fire that he had in Pride. Nonetheless, it was a pretty decent fight. I don't particularly agree with Franklin making a title run this late in his career at 185, though. Didn't realize how on up there he has gotten in age.
    | Happiness is the best revenge |

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I'm going to do some heavy drinking tonight haha.

Wandy did not look very good in that fight, maybe it was just a bad game plan? He looked good when pressured Rich, which he should have done a lot more of. Wandy looked very good in his fight with Cung and I was hoping for a performance like that tonight. It seemed as If Wandy's game plan was to keep from pressuring Rich too hard and get caught by Rich's counter shots and get Chuck Liddell'ed. Either way, congrats to Rich and I still love him even though he beat Wandy again.

I think Wandy should only do 2 more fights at max before retirement. For Wandy's retirement fight I'd love for Dana to bring Chuck out of retirement. UFC xxx: Wanderlei 'The Axe Murderer' Silva vs. Chuck 'The Iceman' Liddell - Battle of the Glass Jaws.

Win or lose Wanderlei is still my favorite fighter of all time.

If you'll excuse me, I must get back to my crying and drown my tears in some nice whiskey.
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2012-06-24 at 05:52 AM.

The card was a lot more solid than I gave it credit for. Good fights. Rich is all class and I hope Guida is taking notes on how to stick and move the right way. Franklin showed some sick kickboxing tonight. Hope he goes back to 185.

Now we will prepare for the fight of the year:

Silva vs Sonnen II

10+ Year Old Account
    Vote Edson Barboza for ESPYS 2012!

This is an amazing promo!

They sure know how to create hype out of nowhere.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

I have never been so excited for a fight before lol really hope Anderson shuts Chael up, the guy is way too disrespectful.
    Ain't no chuch when you're living in the wild

Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    How do you mean? Did you watch the first fight? The hype is deserved for this one, even though I have a sneaking suspicion it'll end within 2 rounds, but I hope I'm wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    The hype came from Chael Sonnen beating Anderson Silva (the P4P best fighter in the world) for 5 rounds before tapping to a triangle choke in the end.

Some say it's a fluke, some say no. I don't care either way, I just want to see a war.

After the presser today it's safe to say that Sonnen is in Silva's head. Guess we'll find out if that's a good place to be or not come Saturday.

Just read this article: http://mmajunkie.com/news/29481/dana...-sonnen-ii.mma Interesting. I don't know why Silva wouldn't want a rematch. Rematches build legacies. I believed it was Soares who didn't want the rematch with Hendo, after Hendo certainly earned it, now I'm not so sure. Anderson seems highly emotional, remember the dancing fiasco when he faced Maia all because he felt disrespected when Maia said he was going to take one of Silva's limbs home? Yeah...I have a sinking feeling all the sudden.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-07-04 at 12:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I laughed pretty damn hard watching this video.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    After the presser today it's safe to say that Sonnen is in Silva's head. Guess we'll find out if that's a good place to be or not come Saturday.

Just read this article: http://mmajunkie.com/news/29481/dana...-sonnen-ii.mma Interesting. I don't know why Silva wouldn't want a rematch. Rematches build legacies. I believed it was Soares who didn't want the rematch with Hendo, after Hendo certainly earned it, now I'm not so sure. Anderson seems highly emotional, remember the dancing fiasco when he faced Maia all because he felt disrespected when Maia said he was going to take one of Silva's limbs home? Yeah...I have a sinking feeling all the sudden.
    If Silva does that dancing bullshit against Sonnen I am going to be pissed. I'm not sure what to expect from Silva or Sonnen but I would love for both to fight very aggressively. Silva really is an emotional guy and might let those emotions take over for this rematch with Sonnen. I don't think Silva will do any of that dancing crap, I say that because Dana once said he would fire Silva if he were to do that again. Dana actually walked out during the Maia fight too. Then again Dana does say a lot of things and Silva is one of the UFC's biggest draws.

Anyway, like I have said before, I just want this to be an exciting battle.

can't watch the video poo flinger but is that the one where chael talks about growing up on the 'mean streets' of west linn? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    can't watch the video poo flinger but is that the one where chael talks about growing up on the 'mean streets' of west linn? lol
    It sure is

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    Yeah, it was pretty hilarious. I dunno how he said all that with a straight face. I think at one point he planned to go to WCW? In any event, he's certainly got the "acting" part down. I enjoy it, but that's just the part of me that was a little kid who would root for Ravishing Rick Rude.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how he says anything with a straight face. Sonnen would fit in perfectly with pro wrestling.

No matter how many times I watch this one it just never gets old.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Yeah, it was pretty hilarious. I dunno how he said all that with a straight face. I think at one point he planned to go to WCW? In any event, he's certainly got the "acting" part down. I enjoy it, but that's just the part of me that was a little kid who would root for Ravishing Rick Rude.
    The guy is a politicain, he can say anything with a straight face. No need for WWE's acting class :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Anthony Johnson moves to LHW

Bout damn time. He should have been fighting 205 a long time ago.