10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabence View Post
    Avengers midnight release ;D ( If anyone was wondering, i made that shield! ) Also, my hair is short now.
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/Derek/Desktop/459443_3074437826899_1442292324_50814312_1218520392_o.jpg[/IMG]
    lol You have to upload the file to a site like imgur.com You can't do it straight from the folder on your PC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshadows View Post
    Wish i could play ddr no cordination, but yeah not 2 hijack thread but down 2 soda a day trying to jog/run when not sick so hopefully drop down by end of summer
    Here's the reality of DDR: Everyone sucks at first. Seriously, no one starts out good at DDR, even if you think you're a good dancer. You should practice a bit by yourself and you'll see that you'll start picking it up. I was utter crap at the game when I started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of outdated, it was the day the Avengers came out, I went to the midnight release! (I made the shield if anyone was wondering!) Also my hair is short now.

When I first started out on ddr as in my first time. I tried it on standard and was getting A ranks. For a chubby guy I seem to have a godly sense of coordination...maybe I should buy DDR for my 360 and shed like 60 pounds. Also, this is a pic of me with a friend getting ready to do a lip sync. Our team's theme was "rapping the 80's" so i purposefully tried to look like a tool. Enjoy :3 p.s. I'm the guy on the right.
    Last edited by ColbaneX; 2012-06-25 at 02:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenshadows View Post
    Wish i could play ddr no cordination, but yeah not 2 hijack thread but down 2 soda a day trying to jog/run when not sick so hopefully drop down by end of summer
    Believe me if you cut out that soda and junk food and exercise, the weight will come over pretty fast. I was at 285 in January but I'm currently 250 looking to go down to 200 to 210, but instead of just dropping weight I'm working on bulking up muscle so the weight loss is slower but when I hit 200 or so I'll be in good standing. So just keep it going and best of luck to ya!

Thanks be like the 5th time my lowest was 180 bulked up but so goes life

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Here's the reality of DDR: Everyone sucks at first. Seriously, no one starts out good at DDR, even if you think you're a good dancer. You should practice a bit by yourself and you'll see that you'll start picking it up. I was utter crap at the game when I started.
    Same! At first I didn't even know when I was supposed to hit the arrows, and I'd thump my foot down super hard in order to "catch" the note. I got D's even on beginner mode, and was exhausted afterwards. It took me a lot of practice to get to extreme/heavy, mostly by stubbornly beating my grade on the same song over and over. I was and still am a terrible dancer in every other way, and will never be caught dead on a dance floor.

DDR is great for weight loss in combination with pre-DDR weight lifting/crunches and a healthier diet. Diet wise, I had more protein, reduced carbs, reduced junk food, and stopped drinking anything with sugar in it at all (no juice either). I did it about 5x/week for 1 hr at first, but as I got better I could exercise for shorter periods, 15 mins or so, since I was doing super fast songs.

I'm honestly a super lazy person by nature, and was solely motivated by being a normal weight on my wedding day.

---------- Post added 2012-06-24 at 07:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post
    When I first started out on ddr as in my first time. I tried it on standard and was getting A ranks. For a chubby guy I seem to have a godly sense of coordination...maybe I should buy DDR for my 360 and shed like 60 pounds.
    I'd say, it took me months to get Bs on standard. Go for it, you'll feel great

Me after loosing 40 lbs, sitting at 255 right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't posted a new photo in a while, so here's a 2year old photo of me.

To those trying to lose weight, I commend you, I'm trying as well, because I got tired of the strain caused by my extra weight, started actually doing more exercise than just walking, cut back on portions, and dropped 25 pounds from my max (310lbs) in a month, then slowed down some, but still working on it because i want to drop a bit below 250.
    Last edited by Baradur; 2012-06-25 at 03:54 AM.

I'm honestly a little jealous of people who want/need to lose weight. I'm the other way around, I need to gain it, as much as I'd rather stay at 120 pounds for the rest of my life, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same! At first I didn't even know when I was supposed to hit the arrows, and I'd thump my foot down super hard in order to "catch" the note. I got D's even on beginner mode, and was exhausted afterwards. It took me a lot of practice to get to extreme/heavy, mostly by stubbornly beating my grade on the same song over and over. I was and still am a terrible dancer in every other way, and will never be caught dead on a dance floor.
    I literally laughed remembering how when people would get on my pad they would "stomp" the arrows. There was always a delayed reaction as the arrow would be nearing the target, and then the inevitable swift stomp. Yeah I got to doing heavy 7s, but I didn't have the stamina for anything higher since I was still pretty heavy. This actually proves that you can do DDR at any weight (well within reason. I'm sure a 400 pound person is going to find it very difficult). In terms of real dance floors, it's just about letting go. I guarantee you'd have fun if you just do it. Once you break past the "everyone is watching me" barrier, it can be a LOT of fun

DDR is great for weight loss in combination with pre-DDR weight lifting/crunches and a healthier diet. Diet wise, I had more protein, reduced carbs, reduced junk food, and stopped drinking anything with sugar in it at all (no juice either). I did it about 5x/week for 1 hr at first, but as I got better I could exercise for shorter periods, 15 mins or so, since I was doing super fast songs.
    Yup, I ate a ton of protein as well. In fact, I still eat a ton of protein. I developed some food allergies that I didn't have at the time, so meat is more or less all I can eat now anyways. I haaaate working my abs. I really do. Doesn't mean I don't do it, but it's by far my least favorite. I'm not really qualified to comment on the best way to do fitness as I mostly just brute forced mine without any real help or knowledge. I'd be way bigger if I had a personal trainer though I may start working out with my Pops (he lives close by), as he has one . Eating right is a big deal though, you can't just work out and hope it comes off. My Dad works out like a dog but also eats like a pig, so he's still really overweight. Underneath all that fat though he's pretty damn strong.

I'm honestly a super lazy person by nature, and was solely motivated by being a normal weight on my wedding day.
    Meeee toooooooo >< I was motivated by something less positive than a wedding, but hey, it got me there :P
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-06-25 at 03:24 AM.

Just being my usual sophisticated self.
    The earth is not a cold dead place

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristeia View Post

I can tell the wheels are turning! So deep...SO DEEP!! :P

(thanks for your service)

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    Me with my new glasses and goatee in need of trimming

And me with my son:
    Oh hi Big Booty Hunt. Funny finding you here.

My lovely wife and I at a holiday ball.

I really didn't want to get thrown into a pool during our O-Day in Iraq.
    "In WoW there are two things that will always remain true: people will always QQ and people will always forget that they have interrupts." -Nachopie

Quote Originally Posted by Aristeia View Post

I don't always post picture of myself, but when I do, people quote it with cliched memes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talk, dark and handsome in the middle ;P Jk, the one with the retarded smile... still in the middle.
    http://imgur.com/qcHLg
    Last edited by thaimeson; 2012-06-25 at 03:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmiggy View Post
    Guess I'll join in!

Not my kids, but hope when I eventually have kids of my own they turn out half as cute as these two!
    More babby pictures.

10+ Year Old Account
    My goodness you have such a kind face!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmiggy View Post
    Ask and ye shall receive! Was supposed to be two in the first post but mustn't have copied the link.
    Aww, he has an amazing set of hair. How old is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Aww, he has an amazing set of hair. How old is he?
    He's 3, but if you ask him he'll tell you he's 2! He's got the cutest curls, he's going to be a lady killer when he's older that's for sure!