he heals a lot during (long) teamfights while allowing safe rosh or rax push after winning one
    how many times you just won fight but were too low on health to risk roshan attempt here necro shines
    he can keep your team alive and quickly recover HP loss

obviously now a days he just doesnt fit "meta" because games are faster paced then 3 years ago when dota was dominated by chinese teams and they used to play very safe and farm oriented games, necro was perfect pick for style like that

Along with what Finear said, games are much more fast paced in terms of team fights. Most fights are over in a matter of seconds, necro with his aura/DP excels in sustain. As usual, expect hero preferences to change as more heroes are released.

I really can't wait for centaur, either.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Along with what Finear said, games are much more fast paced in terms of team fights. Most fights are over in a matter of seconds, necro with his aura/DP excels in sustain. As usual, expect hero preferences to change as more heroes are released.

I really can't wait for centaur, either.
    That's exactly it though, maybe it's just me but I feel like I'd rather pick Dazzle or Omni for support/heals and other heroes to carry. Thanks guys.

As usual, expect hero preferences to change as more heroes are released.
    yeah

also (although it is not so clearly visible because how often "meta" changes now) but team likes to pick certain heroes based on "fashion"

Well, you can't say that invoker/morph aren't exceptionally powerful at the moment =p

Edit
    Solo queuing again, after a string of losses (1 win/18 losses over the past few days duo queuing with friends) I'm all the way back to the end of page 2 now, sorry fans.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-06-28 at 12:40 AM.

[ x ] Luna
    [ - ] Centaur
    [ - ] Skywrath

Luna, check! Also Guardian wisp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you can't say that invoker/morph aren't exceptionally powerful at the moment =p

Edit
    Solo queuing again, after a string of losses (1 win/18 losses over the past few days duo queuing with friends) I'm all the way back to the end of page 2 now, sorry fans.
    Spent all afternoon winning. Was within 1 game of breaking even and i'm now -5 on win/loss

/sigh

Morph is insane, I don't know if adapt strike is bugged it just hits for absurd amounts of damage.

Pugna is bugged though lol. After you use life drain he runs around dancing as if he's still casting it

haha no i cant ;p
    but i remeber some time ago doom was 100% ban/pick and suddenly teams just stopped baning him without clear reason (mind this was before series of nerfs)
    same thing happend for invoker and other heroes

0_o demacia dubstep remix on http://www.di.fm/clubdubstep
    Last edited by Finear; 2012-06-28 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Morph is insane, I don't know if adapt strike is bugged it just hits for absurd amounts of damage.
    It's even been nerfed =/

Edit:
    Sitting through a 9 minute queue including on average about 12 declines before 10/10 accepts EVERY SINGLE GAME gets really annoying really quickly. Then you get into the game, someone fails to load, and you repeat the process.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-06-28 at 01:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's even been nerfed =/

Edit:
    Sitting through a 9 minute queue including on average about 12 declines before 10/10 accepts EVERY SINGLE GAME gets really annoying really quickly. Then you get into the game, someone fails to load, and you repeat the process.
    That happens way too much. It's the damn LFG system all over again.

Healer(Me), Tank and 2 DPS ready. That 1 bloody DPS every time

wow, wisp looks sooooo awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    That happens way too much. It's the damn LFG system all over again.

Healer(Me), Tank and 2 DPS ready. That 1 bloody DPS every time
    Yeah, exactly how I feel heh.

@Wisp
    So OP, can't wait. All the strength heroes need to be added nao
    Wisp/centaur most ridiculous combo. Minding your own business farming to-ASAHGUSGH 522MOVESPEEDCENTAUR - easy 2000 damage combo you can't really do anything about. It's too bad nerfs etc =p
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-06-28 at 02:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's even been nerfed =/

Edit:
    Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. And then once everyone loads teams are uneven and it ends up being 30 minutes of one team curbstomping the other. Why do I like Dota, again?

And Morphling's only stupid with the shotgun build. I do think that they need to nerf Morph STR/AGI, though... either cost more mana or convert fewer points per second. Morph STR is just way too good of a "heal" combined with Waveform as an escape button.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Played 7 normals yesterday (and a bunch of AI's, yeah I know...getting addicted =( ), won all of them except the last one. We were stomping the other team extremely hard, and then our Riki disconnected. Also one of our teammates left halfway the game (didn't even notice as we were stomping them still), so in the end it was 3vs5. Unfortunately the disconnect was after quite a while, so it still counted as a loss.

Ah well, guess I'll get waaaay more losses (:

Have been trying out Huskar, but I think I'm world's baddest Huskar player. He seems so easy to play, and I do get kills early on. It's just after a while I get focused down immediately and can't do much. His ult with the scepter is quite funny though, every 6 seconds or so.

I tried out Chaos Knight in an AI, what's the general opinion on him? I like his skillset, but it seems to be so...random.
    Last edited by mmoc933021f019; 2012-06-28 at 07:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Played 7 normals yesterday (and a bunch of AI's, yeah I know...getting addicted =( ), won all of them except the last one. We were stomping the other team extremely hard, and then our Riki disconnected. Also one of our teammates left halfway the game (didn't even notice as we were stomping them still), so in the end it was 3vs5. Unfortunately the disconnect was after quite a while, so it still counted as a loss.

Ah well, guess I'll get waaaay more losses (:

Have been trying out Huskar, but I think I'm world's baddest Huskar player. He seems so easy to play, and I do get kills early on. It's just after a while I get focused down immediately and can't do much. His ult with the scepter is quite funny though, every 6 seconds or so.

I tried out Chaos Knight in an AI, what's the general opinion on him? I like his skillset, but it seems to be so...random.
    Random Knight is random. He's generally considered a strong pick in the current meta. He doesn't become as much of a monster as a hard carry like Anti-Mage but he blooms earlier and storm bolt stuns are always, always desired. Once he hits lvl 11 with his lvl 2 ult (he usually doesn't get his ult until lvl 10 and then the second point at lvl 11), he can very quickly shred towers or players. He's mobile, he gets free crit, and he gets storm bolt. Never a bad pick.

Huskar's all about baiting. Get a fast armlet on him for sure, he's easily one of the best armlet heroes. Put one point into searing spears early on so you can orbwalk and then forget about it. Max your berserker skill and keep pumping stats. I usually go first point into spears for orbwalk/last hit at lvl 1, next points into berserk, stats when I can't pump berserk, and then ulti at lvl 6. I like to get a single point in heal at lvl 7, finish beserk and keep pumping stats 8-10, ulti at lvl 11, and then max heal after that. Spears should generally be the last thing you max since the damage bonus really isn't that fantastic. You mostly want them so you can orbwalk during laning, makes it really easy to harass.

Initiation's pretty easy - throw your heal up, ulti, activate armlet, and go to town. You'll probably need BKB after armlet since you don't want to spend much time being stunned after you initiate.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Level 16 CK with manta can completely surround someone with his blink strike. That's not only crazy useful, he also does stupid DPS with three 100% illusions. Lastly, he has one of the best stuns in the game, a 4 is just as common as a 2.

I find morphling stupid because he can turn on morph while stunned. It doesn't even matter how well you gank and combo him, he's still healing.

Deleted
    Getting there =)

No idea if Shadow Shaman is a pubstomber, but it's kinda crazy. Only played 10 normals and won 8 of them, 7 of those with Shadow Shaman. Only game I lost as him was with 2 leavers (second picture), and we even almost won that one.

Now I'm wondering...is it easier to carry in DotA than in LoL? Not saying I carried these games at all, as there were good plays by others, but in LoL, when you have one stupid player he can totally ruin the game, while I haven't had it that bad in DotA yet. As shadow shaman I can just go to their lane, pop ult and get a kill or two.

Maybe it's just the skill-level at the beginners level. I played LoL for quite a bit, which might make it easier for me to win my lane or something.

Not trying to show off (I'm not a good player by any means), just genuinely interested.
    Ok ok, I admit, the pictures are there to show off

It's easier the lower MMR games you play. At/near the MMR cap one player absolutely ruins the entire game.

I think it's pretty much the same in LoL.

15+ Year Old Account
    I find morphling stupid because he can turn on morph while stunned. It doesn't even matter how well you gank and combo him, he's still healing.
    wow that's retarded. i understand if his morph is already active, but he can activate it while stunned? bad balancing move.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    wow that's retarded. i understand if his morph is already active, but he can activate it while stunned? bad balancing move.
    Last I checked, yeah, you pretty much require a hard silence to stop him. And those he can manta out of. Awesome!