Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spriest MoP Races - Troll>Goblin>Undead?

just wanted how the spriest community feel about the upcoming racial that is given to undead

Touch of the Grave Racial Passive
    Your attacks and damaging spells have a chance to drain the target, dealing 12654 to 14706 Shadow damage and healing you for the same amount.

im aware health pools in MoP will be double what they are now.
    will undead be another option to roll as shadow comparing to the %1 haste from goblins or berserk from trolls?
    thanks in advance

I'd say race really doesn't matter play what you like, its going to have a minimal differerence on the damage you do over the course of a fight.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Honestly facials are such small dps gains that one or two lucky crits would negate it. I believe most racials are around 150dps increases.

Stream: twitch.tv/DryeLuLZ
    Twitter: @Dryeqt

Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    Honestly facials are such small dps gains that one or two lucky crits would negate it. I believe most racials are around 150dps increases.
    So wait, when did sexual favors factor into WoW stats? :P

xD gg phone t9

Rofl best typo ever. +1 to Drye. I'm interested in seeing logs of undead racial though, but I'm just too lazy to look for some or make a undead on beta.

Go undead if only because they look the coolest out of any race. Best animations as well as a shinny new passive! Opinion of course.

15+ Year Old Account
    Undead or Goblin.

Pretty much everything afflictid said, plus WotF is the best pvp racial in the game and they're keeping it it seems.

Alternately goblin because haste + leap are good options as well.

Which between those two is up to you though, how much WotF / Leap are worth to your playstyle, and which you can stand the sight of. (For example, the exposed elbows and knees on undead really bother me, which makes them hard to play)
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Is the double-food-buff panda racial still planned for release? If so I'd think the extra 275-300 static int might be better than a lot of the other racials.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Is the double-food-buff panda racial still planned for release? If so I'd think the extra 275-300 static int might be better than a lot of the other racials.
    They took the double food buff out, at least it doesnt work on the beta right now. They most likely did the numbers and realized that is was hella OP, so they are redoing it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where did you find this data about Undead racials changing? I thought they weren't touching racials in MOP. Also glad to hear they removed or probably will remove the Panda food buff racial because it was too OP.

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 01:43 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Pretty much everything afflictid said, plus WotF is the best pvp racial in the game and they're keeping it it seems.
    EMFH says "Hi". But yes, on the Horde side WotF is the best pvp racial but definitely not "the best pvp racial in the game".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Where did you find this data about Undead racials changing? I thought they weren't touching racials in MOP. Also glad to hear they removed or probably will remove the Panda food buff racial because it was too OP.

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 01:43 AM ----------

EMFH says "Hi". But yes, on the Horde side WotF is the best pvp racial but definitely not "the best pvp racial in the game".
    WotF is definitely, provably better than EMfHS. Bringing a second trinket to 70% of the comps you face at high rating (locks, disc and shadow are all strong this season) is considerably stronger than bringing the 2k spellpower for 20 seconds every 2 minute bonus you get from using a pvp-on-use trinket over the pvp CC break trinket (and that's the only benefit of EMfHS).

If you look at the top 10 teams in the world right now, 70% of them are either double or triple undead, and the double undeads are all RLS's - where shamans can't be undead. Also if you look at the top 100 players in the world this season, undead and human are evenly represented (about 40% each), but the very high end has around the same night elves, goblins, taurens and dwarves as it does human: it's all undead.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

When I changed from Undead to Troll in t11 359 gear, I saw a solid CONSISTENT 1k dps increase. When I changed back from Troll to Human in 3.3 (was still wearing a mix of 378 and 391 gear, with most of it being 378), my average dps dropped by like 1.5-2k

Berserking is the most OP racial in the game, and is certainly worth MUCH more than "around 150dps increase"
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    Trolls 4evaaah!

The unforsaken are my favorite "looking" caster in the game. Which has nothing to do with dps whatsoever, but I enjoy playing it more cause it looks hot perhaps that makes me perform better?? I know its a stretch but maybe?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Deleted
    Berserking when used properly provides far more than a 150dps increase. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    WotF is definitely, provably better than EMfHS. Bringing a second trinket to 70% of the comps you face at high rating (locks, disc and shadow are all strong this season) is considerably stronger than bringing the 2k spellpower for 20 seconds every 2 minute bonus you get from using a pvp-on-use trinket over the pvp CC break trinket (and that's the only benefit of EMfHS).
    If you think that Humans merely take the second trinket slot just for the PvP on-use trinket you're also wrong. In general terms casters are taking CotC or HC CotC for the increased AoE pressure it puts out and, even after the nerfs, Rogues are taking VoS for the increased burst.
    Oh, and btw, the strength of Shadowplay isn't in their CC. After all, a LOT of their CC actually shares DR. The strength of Shadowplay is that they can put out so much pressure through 'lock/SPriest multidotting that when they hard switch to a target w/ an untrinket-able Death Coil and priest has wings up it's a kill.

Anyway, OT:
    Healthpools don't matter so much (from a PvE PoV) as what other spells are hitting for. I mean, in Cataclysm, depending on the ICD and whether or not the racial can crit, 14K free damage every so often is welcomed. But, in MoP? If things are hitting ~2x harder than they are now, it'll be a DPS increase but it won't be all that special. Guess we'll have to wait and see, really.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    When I changed from Undead to Troll in t11 359 gear, I saw a solid CONSISTENT 1k dps increase. When I changed back from Troll to Human in 3.3 (was still wearing a mix of 378 and 391 gear, with most of it being 378), my average dps dropped by like 1.5-2k

Berserking is the most OP racial in the game, and is certainly worth MUCH more than "around 150dps increase"
    I highly disagree. I agree that troll racial, if used in a best possible scenario could do more close to a 500 dps increase. But other than that no. In all honesty it all depends on the length of the fight and how the fight is designed. As I said earlier 1 or 2 mb crits extra could be that difference too.

Deleted
    I highly disagree. I agree that troll racial, if used in a best possible scenario could do more close to a 500 dps increase. But other than that no. In all honesty it all depends on the length of the fight and how the fight is designed. As I said earlier 1 or 2 mb crits extra could be that difference too.
    There's no point comparing Berserking to other racials if used incorrectly, other racials pull ahead when Berserking is used wrong. I would argue that the DPS increase is slightly higher than 500, but it also depends what race you compare it to/change from. From a Human to Troll, I can easily see the difference being a consistent ~1K, Human spirit is effectively worth 0.5% Hit which doesn't make it great for min/maxing. However, from Goblin/Worgen it'll probably be closer to ~300; it just varies.
    Currently, though, Troll is still the clear winner and from a progression PoV it's either Troll/Goblin for Horde and Worgen/Dranei for Ally.

Rocket jump is just too good to ignore, probably the best PvE Racial around. It allows you to reach enemies/places faster (ie Omnitron puddle, Majordomo's Fire Orbs, Gunship's Void Zones, Yor'shaj adds, etc).

And they also have a 1% passive haste.

Sure, Troll may win against Patchwerk, but on any movimentation fight (aka 90% of the content), Rocket Jump wins.

The Pandaren racial might end up being competitive. At least it will probably win hands down versus any other alliance racial.
    Last edited by Felade; 2012-06-28 at 10:00 PM.