Page 77 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    will you help me train?
    Ofc I will, it is good to have target... uhm... I mean helper when you train new things

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Ofc I will, it is good to have target... uhm... I mean helper when you train new things
    i have a feelign it will be something like this...

The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    His evade is over 9000!

But about the other classes weapons swapping&CD usage and thief initiative system limits in that area. What do you thing could be done for it?

Too much initiative regen -> no limits on thief sill usage -> nerf damage or return to slower initiative regeneration. Should there be faster regen for a while/ some basic initiative return when swapping weapons, but that would also lead to problems... any ideas? To be honest I'm not even entirely sure how it works now, initiative is independent from weapons and just generates within the phase toon has it?

10+ Year Old Account
    His evade is over 9000!

But about the other classes weapons swapping&CD usage and thief initiative system limits in that area. What do you thing could be done for it?

Too much initiative regen -> no limits on thief sill usage -> nerf damage or return to slower initiative regeneration. Should there be faster regen for a while/ some basic initiative return when swapping weapons, but that would also lead to problems... any ideas? To be honest I'm not even entirely sure how it works now, initiative is independent from weapons and just generates within the phase toon has it?
    not to sound bleak but the solution is probably to go down acrobatics and pick up quick pockets... which is grandmaster...

TBH should switch it to a master trait

i dont expect any changes to initiative regarding weapon swaps though. init is already a really powerful tool that thieves have and i see the weapon swappign issue as something we'll have to manage. i personally dont see it as a problem. yea we'd be more "powerful" if it was changed but i dont think its something that should be done
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    I havent figured out this yet so Im asking you guys: What kinda skills interrupt stealth? Only damage dealing skills or what? Mostly Im interested knowing if dodging and shadowstepping interrupts stealth coz id wanna combo those skills

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by L E K R View Post
    I havent figured out this yet so Im asking you guys: What kinda skills interrupt stealth? Only damage dealing skills or what? Mostly Im interested knowing if dodging and shadowstepping interrupts stealth coz id wanna combo those skills
    im almost positive both of those break your stealth, as well as all abilities

b/c thats what it seemed like to me

EDIT: assuming by "dodge" you mean the dodge action. if you meant evade then yea it would b/c you have to use a skill to "evade"
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    Q: Is there stealth in Guild Wars 2 and if so, how does it work?
    A: Yes, a Thief has several skills to allow them to stealth. Stealth has time limit so the Thief can't remain stealth forever and stealth fully breaks if the Thief uses a skill other than the "steal" skill. Also, a stealth Thief can be spotted if you pay attention to the environment, look for moving grass or bushes or water. If a stealth Thief takes damage, it will temporary make them visible and they will automatically re-stealth if they go a few seconds without taking damage. Since targeting is not required to use any of the skills in Guild Wars 2, it won't be hard to deal with a stealth Thief should you notice one.
    ~MMO-Champion, Guild Wars 2: The One Thread

Remember that you can get stealth from cross profession combos. Skill combinations that give stealth:
    - Combo Field: Smoke × Combo Finisher: Blast = Area Stealth
    - Combo Field: Smoke × Combo Finisher: Leap = Stealth

Thief skills for these purposes:
    - Black Powder: Fire a shot with black powder, creating a smoke cloud that blinds nearby enemies. (Combo Field: Smoke)
    - Smoke Screen: Create a smoke screen that Blocks projectiles and Blinds foes. (Combo Field: Smoke)
    - Cluster Bomb: Fire a cluster bomb at target area. Detonate in midair for multiple explosions. (Combo Finisher: Blast)
    - Heartseeker: Leap and strike your foe. The less health your target has, the more damage you cause. (Combo Finisher: Leap)

Thief skills that give stealth:
    - Cloak and Dagger: Stab your foe and vanish in stealth, leaving them vulnerable.
    - Hide in Shadows: Vanish in stealth and gain regeneration. Removes Burning, Poison and Bleeding.
    - Blinding Powder: Blind foes in the target area and grant Stealth to nearby allies.
    - Shadow Refuge: Create a pulsing refuge at the target area that heals allies and cloaks them in stealth.
    - Shadow Trap: Set a trap. You vanish in stealth and shadowstep back to the trap when it is triggered.
    - Smoke Bomb: Drop a smoke bomb and vanish in stealth, shadowstepping to a nearby location.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure neither shadowstep or dodge breaks stealth.
    But I might be wrong.
    And I'm also pretty sure venoms can be applied while stealthed.
    And I'm also pretty sure you can auto-attack in stealth - and stay in stealth as long as you don't hit anyone.
    Last edited by mmoc528eaf950d; 2012-06-30 at 12:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suchaku View Post
    But I might be wrong.
    And I'm also pretty sure you can auto-attack in stealth - and stay in stealth as long as you don't hit anyone.
    you cant auto attack in stealth since your 1 skills become a stealth skill

and stealths last very short amounts of time, the best you would do is 5 seconds from shadow refuge and the +1 second stealth minor in SA
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted

and stealths last very short amounts of time, the best you would do is 5 seconds from shadow refuge and the +1 second stealth minor in SA
    I should've changed it to spamming your 1 key. It still serves as an auto-attack, just another first-ability in the combo.
    You can spam it while in stealth and it won't break till you hit a target (or stealth runs out)

10+ Year Old Account
    I should've changed it to spamming your 1 key. It still serves as an auto-attack, just another first-ability in the combo.
    You can spam it while in stealth and it won't break till you hit a target (or stealth runs out)
    seeing as you can only use it once i wouldnt call it an auto attack
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Finns... Yes, we can train riffles... maybe we can start using them within a year or even sooner. I want to be sniper, do you want to learn how to be awesome sniper?
    Finns are fucking good at it too

Deleted
    seeing as you can only use it once i wouldnt call it an auto attack
    Well, the point was the auto-attack key. :P Can spam it infinitely in stealth if no-one's around - that was the point I was making.

Shadowstepping (Default: F1) will interrupt stealth. I believe any other skill which Shadowsteps you will break it as well.

Dodge rolling does not break stealth.

One must first understand what auto attacking is in this game. You can set any of your skills to auto attack. This tells the game "If I can use this skill, use it." Most people set it to Default Key: 1 because it is their skill which costs no resources or has no cooldown. It's a spammable skill.

If you have Default Key: 1 set to auto attack stealthing does not change this setting.

I disabled Auto Attack on my Dagger/Dagger set because of this. It was frustrating how many times I would use a skill that stealthed me only to have it instantly broken by a buffered auto attack before I could even line up my Backstab.

----------

On the previous points about Smoke Bomb while downed.

If you had the trait which gave you 1 second of extra stealth time you were undunkable. It was literally impossible to get dunked if you waited the full duration of the stealth. Without the trait people needed to find you the second you became visible. With the trait people either learned to just attack you to death instead of trying to dunk you, you bled out after 2 minutes of teleporting around, or they gave up and you healed yourself back up.

Deleted
    Q: Is there stealth in Guild Wars 2 and if so, how does it work?
    A: Yes, a Thief has several skills to allow them to stealth. Stealth has time limit so the Thief can't remain stealth forever and stealth fully breaks if the Thief uses a skill other than the "steal" skill.
    It kinda seemed like that to me aswell but i couldnt be sure due the rapid pace of spvp. Guess they won't change this before the release anymore but it would have been neat to vanish in stealth and shadowstep behind a player then backstab him and shadowreturn!
    If a stealth Thief takes damage, it will temporary make them visible and they will automatically re-stealth if they go a few seconds without taking damage.
    I found this rather annoying in some cases like with that hunters? skill where like a dozen birds attack me and keep circling around my head. I tried several times to evade this one by using the vanish in shadows skill and run away but somehow the birds always found me and broke my stealth and got me on very low health. Do you guys know if there are other skills that find you even though you are in stealth and moving?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster Spirit View Post
    One must first understand what auto attacking is in this game. You can set any of your skills to auto attack. This tells the game "If I can use this skill, use it." Most people set it to Default Key: 1 because it is their skill which costs no resources or has no cooldown. It's a spammable skill.

If you have Default Key: 1 set to auto attack stealthing does not change this setting.

I disabled Auto Attack on my Dagger/Dagger set because of this. It was frustrating how many times I would use a skill that stealthed me only to have it instantly broken by a buffered auto attack before I could even line up my Backstab.
    when people refer to "auto attack" in gw2 99% of the time they refer to the 1 skills

yea you can cycle other skills but no one ever does

besides, who doesnt even turn it off in the first place?
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    But I might be wrong.
    I did notice that hitting Backstab at the wrong time did not break stealth.

I'm pretty sure that activating Assassin Signet won't break stealth, seeing as venoms can be applied still. It seems that the basic rule of thumb is that using an ability that affects other people, your heal, or your dodge.. will break stealth.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    who doesnt even turn it off in the first place?
    I didn't know I could turn it off on my ranger (one of the first toons)... it was bloody mess. Firstly I fell from the starting bridge (ofc that was after the Shaemoor event). I was trying to sneak pass bandits on the river by killing one or two, but ended up pulling more and more, one died, next pulled D: Also my pet went mad. That is why I do not like pets, they always go to wrong places.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I did notice that hitting Backstab at the wrong time did not break stealth.

I'm pretty sure that activating Assassin Signet won't break stealth, seeing as venoms can be applied still. It seems that the basic rule of thumb is that using an ability that affects other people, your heal, or your dodge.. will break stealth.

Whiffing a Backstab no longer breaks stealth. It was pretty frustrating when you were on top of someone and didn't get the hit registration on a Backstab only to be revealed for whiffing. At least now you get to try again.

It kinda seemed like that to me aswell but i couldnt be sure due the rapid pace of spvp. Guess they won't change this before the release anymore but it would have been neat to vanish in stealth and shadowstep behind a player then backstab him and shadowreturn!

I found this rather annoying in some cases like with that hunters? skill where like a dozen birds attack me and keep circling around my head. I tried several times to evade this one by using the vanish in shadows skill and run away but somehow the birds always found me and broke my stealth and got me on very low health. Do you guys know if there are other skills that find you even though you are in stealth and moving?
    It didn't seem to me that damage revealed me from stealth. I would often drop Shadow Refuge and people mashing buttons wouldn't reveal me even if they managed to swipe me. The problem I had with Stealth is that it does not mechanically drop targeting. If a Ranger sends those birds out and you go into stealth, you've already been targeted by the aimbot and you're still going to get hit. Same thing applies with any channeled skill such as Rapid Fire, Thief Unload, or Necro Rending Claws.

It's a mechanics issue where Stealthing does not break channeling or essentially "drop targeting."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synyster Spirit View Post

Whiffing a Backstab no longer breaks stealth. It was pretty frustrating when you were on top of someone and didn't get the hit registration on a Backstab only to be revealed for whiffing. At least now you get to try again.

It didn't seem to me that damage revealed me from stealth. I would often drop Shadow Refuge and people mashing buttons wouldn't reveal me even if they managed to swipe me. The problem I had with Stealth is that it does not mechanically drop targeting. If a Ranger sends those birds out and you go into stealth, you've already been targeted by the aimbot and you're still going to get hit. Same thing applies with any channeled skill such as Rapid Fire, Thief Unload, or Necro Rending Claws.

It's a mechanics issue where Stealthing does not break channeling or essentially "drop targeting."
    you wont break stealth but they can see you. youll still have access to stealth skills
    The Original Ganksta