Looking for a good Shard [Rift]

Hiya

So, I was gonna give rift another shot. But my old 30ish Mage I had apparently lost all it's gear to hackers so I felt like restarting, fresh experience and all that.

But, I'm stuck on choosing a shard. As far as I've heard, some of them are quite empty whilst others are packed. I need a good shard where I can start over basically, was hoping for some suggestions.

Also, another questiong. I like the feel of Chloromancer, but I enjoy healing overall, should I go with Mage or just go as cleric and get more choices?

Thanks for any help!

Will assume you are US. For servers you have 3 options. All have lots of active guilds on both sides

Faeblight: RP but lots of good guilds and active raiding community. Havent seen any RP I guess you have to join a guild for it.
    Wolfsbane: Think the most populated server. BTW for grouping WB and FB are in the same cluster so more people to pull from if you queue using LFG
    Deepwood: Another high population with constant raiding of all tiers and even "casual" guilds are at least doing HK, not full clears but 3-4 bosses.

All 3 are Defiant favored in the PvE department and have more raiding guilds that are the most progressed. I know Deepwood has GDKP runs dunno about the others. I would reroll Defiant if you do come back. Also level using Instant Adventures once you hit 10. Mash Period key to bring them up. I did them from 10-25 in one day and made 40 plat on top of that so the money is great. If you want a PvP server Seastone is your only option as everyone transferred there.

If you enjoy PvP reroll immediately unless you like getting curb stomped in 3 seconds by every warrior and rogue.
    Last edited by Alilei32; 2012-06-30 at 05:28 PM.

Alrighty, thanks alot

Deleted
    How about EU?
    Any one have info wich one is best?

Quote Originally Posted by TommmyBoy View Post
    How about EU?
    Any one have info wich one is best?
    Icewatch (PvE)
    Bloodiron (PvP)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on Wolfsbane (U.S) and its extremely packed at all times. Community is pretty good and theres always something to do

10+ Year Old Account
    are there any decent pvp shards? i miss the world pvp skirmishes =(

(is thinking about playing again till GW2 drops)
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Have the same question but then for EU

Any good shards out there?

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slorg View Post
    I'm on Wolfsbane (U.S) and its extremely packed at all times. Community is pretty good and theres always something to do
    Same for Deepwood US. ^_^ I've been seeing a lot of PLAYERNAMEHERE@Wolfsbane people posting in our level 50 chat lately. So weird. O_o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    Have the same question but then for EU

Any good shards out there?
    Icewatch or Bloodiron, I think. Icewatch has been laggy the past week, but the changes to Conquest and the server hardware merges coming soon should alleviate that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alilei32 View Post
    Will assume you are US. For servers you have 3 options. All have lots of active guilds on both sides

Faeblight: RP but lots of good guilds and active raiding community. Havent seen any RP I guess you have to join a guild for it.
    Wolfsbane: Think the most populated server. BTW for grouping WB and FB are in the same cluster so more people to pull from if you queue using LFG
    Deepwood: Another high population with constant raiding of all tiers and even "casual" guilds are at least doing HK, not full clears but 3-4 bosses.

All 3 are Defiant favored in the PvE department and have more raiding guilds that are the most progressed. I know Deepwood has GDKP runs dunno about the others. I would reroll Defiant if you do come back. Also level using Instant Adventures once you hit 10. Mash Period key to bring them up. I did them from 10-25 in one day and made 40 plat on top of that so the money is great. If you want a PvP server Seastone is your only option as everyone transferred there.

If you enjoy PvP reroll immediately unless you like getting curb stomped in 3 seconds by every warrior and rogue.
    Really? THREE?

No Greybriar?
    No Seastone?
    No Laethys?

Those are all as populated as Faeblight, according to riftstatus.net

Even Threesprings and Gnarlwood are much more populated than the horribly inaccurate shard stats shows. Only catch is that if you play on Threesprings Defiant, you're in a ghost town, while Guardian is very busy.....not busy like the Top 6, but busy enough to fill lowbie IA groups with about 15 players in each raid, and to spawn 4-6 invasions an evening in the lower zones, and the L50 areas.

We kind of have a void of raiding happening on Threesprings, so if you're behind a few tiers, you won't feel so far behind here....our 'top' raid guild is just hitting Hammerknell. Seriously.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Icewatch or Bloodiron, I think. Icewatch has been laggy the past week, but the changes to Conquest and the server hardware merges coming soon should alleviate that.
    Thanks will be transfering to Icewatch then. Probably should buy the full game first since I'm still on a trial.
    Could I add you as a friend ingame ?