Page 13 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by opiate69 View Post
    Ah, okay. That makes sense and help enormously. Thank you
    Anytime! If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. There are many others who visit this thread capable of giving you great advice if I can't get around to answering ya.

Do you think it would be better to use Advanced Reflex Armoring 26 in a Rakata Helm instead of the Campaign Armoring?
    The rakata piece holds the set bonus and you can pull the armor from the blackhole helm. You would gain 11 Aim and only give up 11 endurance.
    You could do this with the chest as well but you would have to get the armoring from a drop or off the gtn.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durkhog View Post
    Do you think it would be better to use Advanced Reflex Armoring 26 in a Rakata Helm instead of the Campaign Armoring?
    The rakata piece holds the set bonus and you can pull the armor from the blackhole helm. You would gain 11 Aim and only give up 11 endurance.
    You could do this with the chest as well but you would have to get the armoring from a drop or off the gtn.
    It would most likely be better, but I long got rid of my Rakata pieces for Campaign. In theory, you could do that to every single piece of gear.

I went back to using my rakata pieces w/ the campaign mods it is definitely better. Also for my rotations I have been using tm,tm,tm,rs,hsm,unload its a little better for heat management with the 4 piece bonus and gcd before hsm. Apparently these changes for arsenal were too good because my guild tanks are having probs holding aggro off me especially on 16m hm kephess. Chaff flare needs a 15s CD instead I dont wanna die no more!

10+ Year Old Account
    I was going to keep the Rakata pieces... but I got sick of looking like that >.> I figured I would give up 22 Aim for the enjoyment of looking how I want to look.

Deleted
    Hi Foresdar first time poster long time lurker here

First i would just like to say Thank you for the work and effort you have put into BH Merc Arsenal spec, your methods improved my dps and set me on the path to glory.
    i have been referring to this guide for a good couple of months now
    i would appreciate if you would answer me a question.....

After 1.3 i have been experimenting between the full Alacrity build ( full 2pts in sys calibration and 1 pt in Advanced targeting) and swapping it out for the full 3 points in advanced targeting...

On the Ops training dummy the three Points in advanced targeting seems to top the Full Alacrity build ( i still enjoy the 100% chance on crit to proc 5% alacrity it procs a lot)

i am still working on my stats but the Full 3 points in Advanced targeting seems to better full alacrity by 50-100 dps..

Yet you say the alacrity is better for you .. could u answer why? is it a raid thing when Armour pen does not stack? as i am finding on the dummy full 3 pts in Advanced targeting is better..

ty in advance if you take the time to reply, any input is greatly appreciated, and once again ty for the effort, i know it does not feel like it but it is appreciated by many

regards

Quantum

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally do not use it because I dropped my Crit so dramatically. I think a page or two ago, we were discussing the viability of going a full 3 points into it with 1 point into Critical Reaction. It is definitely stronger in terms of DPS, but its not always guaranteed since its heavily RNG based (whether it procs or not). I can give it a few more tests in a raid environment this coming Tuesday. I just know that (personally) my luck is terrible... and a few runs on the Target Dummy I didn't have Critical Reaction up for a good 10+ seconds which hurt my overall DPS. You have two options:

1: Run the 1 point in Critical Reaction - have higher possible DPS, but higher risk with RNG.

2: Run 2 points in Critical Reaction - have slightly lower DPS with no risk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I personally do not use it because I dropped my Crit so dramatically. I think a page or two ago, we were discussing the viability of going a full 3 points into it with 1 point into Critical Reaction. It is definitely stronger in terms of DPS, but its not always guaranteed since its heavily RNG based (whether it procs or not). I can give it a few more tests in a raid environment this coming Tuesday. I just know that (personally) my luck is terrible... and a few runs on the Target Dummy I didn't have Critical Reaction up for a good 10+ seconds which hurt my overall DPS. You have two options:

1: Run the 1 point in Critical Reaction - have higher possible DPS, but higher risk with RNG.

2: Run 2 points in Critical Reaction - have slightly lower DPS with no risk.
    I totaly understand what you are saying , but i think i may have mislead you ....

i Keep Critical reaction at 2 points .....

taken 2 out of System calibration (perm +4% alacrity) and put Advanced targeting from 1 to 3

it seems better on the target dummy than 1 point AT and 2 points sys calibration ( i have also lowered my crit to just under 30 ) TM still fires at 1.4 ok unload is now 2.8 ( before 2.7 secs) but dps seems higher...

I look forward to your raid tests because if others people armour pen does NOT stack with ours then my idea would be worse in a raid , its just that on the dummy its always better with no $% alacrity but 30% armour pen on unload and rail..

Deleted
    hello,

got a little question about 1 ehmnct. Do i need +57 acc/-57 surge to get over 100% acc or leave as it stands ?

my profile Jeremiah Vindictive: swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/709d44f2-7ac7-452e-9a8d-a4265300b3c7

aint got any posts right now. so without clickable link... sry guys

btw. working on another WH relic and BH comms for orange wrists...
    Last edited by mmoccd30147e47; 2012-06-30 at 09:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is your accuracy currently at? I know Mr Robot has very skewed information since the scaling they use isn't the exact same as you would find in-game. If you are under 100%, toss in a Power/Accuracy enhancement. I know I managed to get my Accuracy to 100.32%, which I believe is the closest possible to 100%.

Can I get a url to check out mr robot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damates View Post
    Can I get a url to check out mr robot?
    http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...f-6299c1d51008

That is currently my URL for Mr Robot, but you can browse around anywhere from their panels to see what they have.

If that is currently what your gear is at in this game, wow, gives me an even better understanding of all the numbers and why youve chosen what you have chosen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Damates View Post
    If that is currently what your gear is at in this game, wow, gives me an even better understanding of all the numbers and why youve chosen what you have chosen
    Well I just updated it about 30sec ago since I realized the site was updated for 1.3 and allowed me to put Augments in everything. Anyways, yes that is currently my gear. The only thing I "need" is the War Hero relic but I am too lazy at this point to farm for it. Maybe eventually.

Anyways, my current spec is still up for debate. We (as in the viewers of this thread and myself) are still trying to figure out the most viable spec with the 1.3 changes. Everything seems too iffy so keep around if you're interested in figuring out our most proper spec, assuming we learn sometime soon.

Well I just updated it about 30sec ago since I realized the site was updated for 1.3 and allowed me to put Augments in everything. Anyways, yes that is currently my gear. The only thing I "need" is the War Hero relic but I am too lazy at this point to farm for it. Maybe eventually.

Anyways, my current spec is still up for debate. We (as in the viewers of this thread and myself) are still trying to figure out the most viable spec with the 1.3 changes. Everything seems too iffy so keep around if you're interested in figuring out our most proper spec, assuming we learn sometime soon.
    Oh I plan too, which is why I was commenting on this thread. I love to learn and understand what I play and going about how to optimzie my self for my guild. Thanks for having me

Deleted
    What is your accuracy currently at? I know Mr Robot has very skewed information since the scaling they use isn't the exact same as you would find in-game. If you are under 100%, toss in a Power/Accuracy enhancement. I know I managed to get my Accuracy to 100.32%, which I believe is the closest possible to 100%.
    ingame I'm 99,89% Accuracy and 75,82% Crit. Multiplier. If i compare my old logs with over 100% ACC with 99,89% ACC logs Ive got like 0,6% more avoids on Unload, not more...If i trust scaling on mr.robot is it worth to get rid off 0,6% avoids but surge is gonna change from 75,82% to 73,64%. To be honest I don't like to lose more than 2% surge for 0,6% avoids.. gonna need some serious testing at operations

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly... you most likely won't ever see a miss running 99.89% Accuracy. That is the EXACT percentage I ran prior to 1.3 (was waiting for 1.3 to swap out mods and such). I never saw a miss and my logs never showed one other than the Unload offhand ticks.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey aerroh.. Yeah I'm thinking at this point we will probably see a ninja hot fix (hopefully they'll tell us) but at this moment.. with the stacking between advanced targeting and heat signature.. unload and rail shot are ignoring 50% armoring right now... on fights that matter our dps should be pretty high.

until I see a hotfix I think i'll plan on running 3/3 advanced targeting.. the harder decision at this point is whether we should go with 4% alacrity all the time.. or 5% alacrity some of the time ~ 1/3 with 30-35% (crit rng's) and whether that 1% really matters.. I personally would rather have a 4% alacrity all the time and get a faster FIRST tracer missile off and not have to hope ill crit right off the bat than to not get a crit and have 2-4 casts where im not casting 5% faster.

4% alacrity for unload = 2.88s channel time
    5% alacrity for unload = 2.85s channel time

4% alacrity for tracer missile = 1.44s cast time
    5% alacrity for tracer missile = 1.43s cast time (rounded up from 1.425s)

1% will end up being .03 seconds on an unload and .01 seconds on tracer missile.. which honestly isn't even really any time especially with outside factors involved like latency.. or moving out of red.

In the end though... the full alacrity build still pulls at me a bit.. I cant tell which will be better.. all I know is 50% armor reduction on unload and rail shot make for 4-5k rail shots and unload ticks on crits. Its a beautiful thing to see those big white numbers next to those big yellow numbers
    Last edited by Syzyx; 2012-07-02 at 01:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sysyx View Post
    Hey aerroh.. Yeah I'm thinking at this point we will probably see a ninja hot fix (hopefully they'll tell us) but at this moment.. with the stacking between advanced targeting and heat signature.. unload and rail shot are ignoring 50% armoring right now...
    They're ignoring more than that. 20% from Heat Sig, 30% from Adv Targetting, and 35% from HV Gas Cylinder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOOPERman View Post
    ingame I'm 99,89% Accuracy and 75,82% Crit. Multiplier. If i compare my old logs with over 100% ACC with 99,89% ACC logs Ive got like 0,6% more avoids on Unload, not more...If i trust scaling on mr.robot is it worth to get rid off 0,6% avoids but surge is gonna change from 75,82% to 73,64%. To be honest I don't like to lose more than 2% surge for 0,6% avoids.. gonna need some serious testing at operations

Please could you give me more information how to achieve 99,89 % accurancy and 75,82 % surge ? 6 x 57 accurancy = 342 accurancy (+- 100,39 % accurancy) and so 4 x 57 surge = 228 surge (73,64 % surge) So if you trade 1 piece with accurancy for 1 with surge it's done 5 x 57 accurance = 285 (98,66% accurancy) and 5 x 57 surge = 285 (75,82% surge).

How do you arrive at 99,89 % accurancy and 75,82% surge in the same time ? augmentation with accurancy perhaps ?

Thanks in advance and excuse me for bad english