Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I hope we get to kill Lord Harkon even as vampire, so that we can get his post as ruler.
    Vampires and werewolves both suck equally in my eyes. But if I know how Bethesda handles these sorts of things, this will almost certainly happen.

Wait a second, I thought it was DLC, I've found 360 box art for it on the wiki.
    Last edited by mmoc2636c1d1f2; 2012-06-27 at 06:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The DLC was highly lackluster. Being 81 you don't get access to any of the new vampire/werewolf perks and are forced to reroll if you want them. In terms of difficulty it was pretty much faceroll using my stealth archer/mage/rogue hybrid. I don't even have weapons or armor glitched out to the max and I found it too easy on master. There seemed to be lag issues when doing the wayshrine part of the quest. All in all I feel like it wasn't worth the money and I'm unlikely to buy another DLC for skyrim. Beth really needs to update their engine and smooth things out for the next elder scroll to even be considered as something I'd buy. Don't get me wrong, I love the story and adventure but it's just going downhill for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else having an issue where if you alt tab, you end up with both the ingame mouse and the regular Windows cursor? And if so, anyone know how to fix?
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    How difficult are people finding Dawnguard? I'm currently going through on my battle-mage with lycanthropy on master difficulty, and while I do just fine in human form, I get torn up as a werewolf.

ive got it on adept i think at the moment for my 2h heavy plate barbarian, thinking of turning the difficulty up. at the moment i can 2hit most enemies, so most post no challenge, but occasionaly a mob will take ages to die and 2 hit me or something. and i always hated using wolf form, never liked it.

---------- Post added 2012-06-29 at 09:09 PM ----------

also, if you lose your dark brotherhood horse, is there a way to get it back? (xbox)
    it hasnt died, it just stopped following me somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Anyone else having an issue where if you alt tab, you end up with both the ingame mouse and the regular Windows cursor? And if so, anyone know how to fix?
    Yea since the 1.6 patch I also have this problem, I've checked for a fix but it seemed way to complicated for me so I'll wait until Bethesda fixes it.

I've been having the issue.

The solution I've found to work for me is to open the console, then alt+tab out. When I alt+tab back in, I only have one cursor.
    /dance

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanero View Post
    I've been having the issue.

The solution I've found to work for me is to open the console, then alt+tab out. When I alt+tab back in, I only have one cursor.
    No good

Kind of annoying, I made a habit in WoW of alt-tabbing a lot (the result of LFG) and that's now extended to most of my games.
    Putin khuliyo

Just a tip for those wanting to be vampire lords in Dawnguard.

Make sure you don't have Serana as a follower, she lowers the damage you deal by a significant amount. Which is a shame since she's the best follower IMO

Hopefully Bethsda will fix this bug soon, but knowing them it'll take a couple months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just reinstalled skyrim last night are there any suggestions for a good mod or two to up the difficulty?
    If it helps I tend to play more stealth with a bow.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

Here are some good recent mods people ought to try:

SkyRe is a great all-in-one overhaul package which makes drastic changes to perk trees, difficulty, combat balance, racials, etc. For example, the restoration tree acts more like the priest and paladin mechanics we know from WoW. You get buff auras and can cast curses/plagues on people. Weapon trees also have way more interesting perks like letting you parry all melee damage with a well-timed block, or increasing swing speed for two-handed swords.

Morrowloot overhauls the loot distribution system to act much more like Morrowind. You'll no longer find ebony or glass weapons from random bandit chests, or find orcish gear deep within dwemer ruins. In fact all rare gear like glass, daedric and such has been removed from the leveled lists and hand-placed at logical places in the actual world. In addition a bunch of artifacts from Morrowind like the vampiric ring have been hidden throughout the world.

And finally ASIS does a number of changes to NPCs like increasing enemy numbers, improving AI and making them use potions/heal spells, giving them appropriate perks and more spells to use. You apply the changes through a patcher tool which makes sure the changes are compatible with any other mods you use that might conflict.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Patchouli Knowledge View Post
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9286
    By far the best mod for Skyrim - in my opinion.
    I'd have to agree, it is without the doubt the best mod out there. As for other mods to 'Up the difficulty'

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/11163
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9557
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9494

Harder to survive, can start off in more difficult situations and many more random encounters with, often, huge groups of enemies.

I've tried Frostfall but didn't really find it to my liking. Even after configuring it I thought my character got cold a bit too fast and it felt more annoying than immersive.

One realism mod I do use is Basic Needs which adds hunger, thirst and tiredness. They will accumulate as debuffs over time but won't flat out kill you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Patchouli Knowledge View Post
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9286
    By far the best mod for Skyrim - in my opinion.
    I'm somewhat interested in SkyRe, but it states its best done with a new character. Not sure I want to start over though. Will it work with an established character? She's only level 11, but still . . . I have my first house and I'm far enough on the main quest for dragons to spawn everywhere by now.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    If you side with the vampires does it actually cause a infinate night cycle?
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

Deleted
    I'm somewhat interested in SkyRe, but it states its best done with a new character. Not sure I want to start over though. Will it work with an established character? She's only level 11, but still . . . I have my first house and I'm far enough on the main quest for dragons to spawn everywhere by now.
    It changes the perk trees a fair bit; so it's quite likely stuff will get mucked up if you don't start a new game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Window View Post
    If you side with the vampires does it actually cause a infinate night cycle?
    No, but you do get the ability to blot out the sun for a period of time (I've only seen the action performed, can't speak to how long the sun stays blotted out) at the end, regardless of whether or not you side with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Detronic View Post
    outside-of-the-house related
    That's not a bad thing!

Hey, if you're on the Vampire side in Skyrim: Dawnguard, have you found a Vampire Hood yet? I'm going crazy looking for this damned thing, I found a lot on the Dawnguard side but now I'm farming Broken Fang Cave searching for one.

So I decided to get Skyrim for the PC and I've been having a few issues.

I have the shadows settings to the lowest and I've tried turning off all the mods but there's flicker over random buildings. Like everything becomes unrendered every time I'm turning to look at something else every milisecond or something. I turned off anti aliasing and antiscropic lighting. I'm running on high settings. Current video card is 1024 MB nvidia gts 240 (weak card I know but I've seen people be able to run the game smoothly on high settings on it). 8 GB ram, 2.8 ghz intel quad core i7.

Super newb question but I can't find the install folder for Skyrim. I downloaded it through Steam and it automatically went into my "games" folder. The Skyrim folder in there only has two unreadable flies. I've been trying to download mods through skyrimnexus but can't because I can't put the files into the source folder. If anyone could help it'd be much appreciated. Oh and mods from the Steam workshop seem to work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    So I decided to get Skyrim for the PC and I've been having a few issues.

I have the shadows settings to the lowest and I've tried turning off all the mods but there's flicker over random buildings. Like everything becomes unrendered every time I'm turning to look at something else every milisecond or something. I turned off anti aliasing and antiscropic lighting. I'm running on high settings. Current video card is 1024 MB nvidia gts 240 (weak card I know but I've seen people be able to run the game smoothly on high settings on it). 8 GB ram, 2.8 ghz intel quad core i7.

Super newb question but I can't find the install folder for Skyrim. I downloaded it through Steam and it automatically went into my "games" folder. The Skyrim folder in there only has two unreadable flies. I've been trying to download mods through skyrimnexus but can't because I can't put the files into the source folder. If anyone could help it'd be much appreciated. Oh and mods from the Steam workshop seem to work fine.
    The path to your Skyrim folder should be C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim

Or C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim, depending. Point being, its in that path I mentioned starting in your steam folder.