View Poll Results: Which GW2 race do you hate the most?

Voters
494. This poll is closed
  • Sylvari

57 11.54%
  • Norn

93 18.83%
  • Azura

144 29.15%
  • Charr

120 24.29%
  • Human

80 16.19%
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Much as I bash on the races, I'm still likely going to have one of each. But the way I see them right now (right or wrong), it's the elf-surrogates, the proud warrior race, the midget inventors, and the nature-attuned vikings. I dunno, I just can't get as excited as when I made my troll priest.
    I can see that... but nature attuned vikings actually sounds rather cool!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwaarg View Post
    I'm with you on this Animal races are nearly ugly all the time. Worgen. Tauren. Asura and the Charr are all ugly abominations that need an exterminatus.
    you dotn understand how hard im resisting linking that cutscene
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    I'm with you on this Animal races are nearly ugly all the time. Worgen. Tauren. Asura and the Charr are all ugly abominations that need an exterminatus.
    well they're animals. not humans with cat ears.

Deleted
    It's a tie between Norn and Human. Though I think the Norn take the lead, they are dull, predictable and uninteresting. And I hate all that snow.

---------- Post added 2012-07-03 at 07:11 PM ----------

Easy there, Gue'la.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    What's an Azura?

Also Kormir. Fuck Kormir. SHIT that should've been the tie breaker, change my vote to Human.

Burn DR to the ground! At the very least the Kormir high road.
    Wow, very angry and so much profanity! .. And racist towards the only god from Elona.
    Last edited by Rashanda; 2012-07-03 at 05:14 PM.

Deleted
    Asura. They're like the hideously deformed relatives of sackboy from LittleBigPlanet.

Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    Much as I bash on the races, I'm still likely going to have one of each. But the way I see them right now (right or wrong), it's the elf-surrogates, the proud warrior race, the midget inventors, and the nature-attuned vikings. I dunno, I just can't get as excited as when I made my troll priest.
    You can do EXACTLY the same amount of downgrading on WoW races.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer a real animal race over a fake animal race that's just a human with cat ears and tail sewn on. If you're gonna go animal, don't pussy out on it part way through just because they won't be "cute" anymore. Reality is rarely cute like that.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Asura. They creep me out D:

On that note I -love- the Charr females. Although I don't care about furries in general, they don't look "furry" so much as actual beasts. Vaguely humanoid and decidedly non sexy. They look just as mean and feral as the males, which is really cool. Haven't had a chance to roll a 'beast race' female that wasn't a giggling tittymonster since female Iksars/Sarnak in EQ2.

Deleted
    the female argonian from skyrim make me facepalm all the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious796 View Post
    The Sylvari. Why? Because it almost feels like they were added in simply because they could.
    That Destinys Edge Lore would like a word with you...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by J I M View Post
    Charr, they are way overused and over hyped. Secondly the Humans, also over used. The Asura are my favorite because not many people will use them, and the Norn for how big and bulky they are. A Norn Warrior will be my first character than and Asura Elly :P
    ...but the Norn are effectively giant humans with a slight twist. Hardly original, since there's almost always a race from the frigid north in fantasy games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taenathal View Post
    ...but the Norn are effectively giant humans with a slight twist. Hardly original, since there's almost always a race from the frigid north in fantasy games.
    you know what is in fantasy games far more than the cold people?

elves

dwarves

orc knockoff

o and wait for it... humans

the vast majority of fantasy realms are copies of tolkien with small twists
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-07-03 at 06:01 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

As far as cat people go, Charr are very original. Cat people are the classic go to beast races in RPGs, and therefore MMOs, due to their appeal and have been a mainstay in sci fi/fantasy crossovers for longer than most of us here have been alive. However, they're always the same: Elegant, slim and sexy, with maybe the males being powerful but the females almost always basically furry sexpots.

Yes Charr feel a bit Tauren-ey, but they have established lore and technology leaning so it's not like they're carbon copies of Tauren with a dash of cute kittie cats.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont really dislilke any race from GW2 (they all have very different and interesting cultures). But aesthetically, the norn are less apealing to me. They just look like big humans. Even some of their faces are similar. I would've loved more aggressive faces for the female Norn. Instead they all got the same barbie treatment the human got.

I really really love the Charrs and the Sylvaris

Deleted
    Humans... too basic i guess. Norn ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloral View Post
    I dont really dislilke any race from GW2 (they all have very different and interesting cultures). But aesthetically, the norn are less apealing to me. They just look like big humans. Even some of their faces are similar. I would've loved more aggressive faces for the female Norn. Instead they all got the same barbie treatment the human got.

I really really love the Charrs and the Sylvaris
    i miss the GW1 fem norn faces
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    why do people keep saying charr are tauren

I just can't see it >.>

Deleted
    Why do I get the feeling that some portions of the community in Guild Wars 2 are going to end up like in WoW where certain people rant about how awesome the biggest and smallest races are and claim how dull and boring the 'middle' races are? I wish more people would learn to appreciate what every race brings to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Taenathal View Post
    Why do I get the feeling that some portions of the community in Guild Wars 2 are going to end up like in WoW where certain people rant about how awesome the biggest and smallest races are and claim how dull and boring the 'middle' races are?
    Because with a large enough sample size some portion will rant about anything?