Poll: Morrowind, Oblivion or Skyrim?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Morrowind, because it's what I call the real RPG. And it has the best setting, I loved Dunmer cities.

Skyrim is too simplified and streamlined.

I think people who haven't played morrowind should not decide that quickly.
    Morrowind wasn't very casual friendly. You didn't have the arrow that shows everywhere you needed to go. You had to follow stars, solve a poem to find your way, you had to find your way yourself and while on the road for one quest you'd meet very strange strangers and get into new adventures so forget what you were doing in the first place. Looking for something meant a lot than finding it. Before fast travel you would set on the road wondering about what weird thing you'll get across.

Skyrim is great, great graphics great gameplay etc. But i think, considering the market also, something like morrowind again won't come. It was just one of a kind.

Oblivion. I don't like Skyrim or Morrowind.

Loved em all but Morrowind is still the king imo. Especially after Dawnguard, damn was that disappointing. Maybe it's because it was the first Skyrim expansion, but comparing Dawnguard to Tribunal, it's just... Tribunal was better, in just about every way possible.

if morrowind passes skyrim im buying it lol

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartre View Post
    I think people who haven't played morrowind should not decide that quickly.
    Morrowind wasn't very casual friendly. You didn't have the arrow that shows everywhere you needed to go. You had to follow stars, solve a poem to find your way, you had to find your way yourself and while on the road for one quest you'd meet very strange strangers and get into new adventures so forget what you were doing in the first place. Looking for something meant a lot than finding it. Before fast travel you would set on the road wondering about what weird thing you'll get across.

Skyrim is great, great graphics great gameplay etc. But i think, considering the market also, something like morrowind again won't come. It was just one of a kind.
    That's true... It was pretty brutal hah, but nothing compared to Daggerfall heh.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Sartre View Post
    Eh, yes and no. Probably not from Bethesda, and probably not in the form of a massive big-budget super-triple-A title. But games like Witcher 2 and Dark Souls have definitely proven that there is a market for harder games in which you have to figure out more or less everything by yourself.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Loved em all but Morrowind is still the king imo. Especially after Dawnguard, damn was that disappointing. Maybe it's because it was the first Skyrim expansion, but comparing Dawnguard to Tribunal, it's just... Tribunal was better, in just about every way possible.
    Knights of the Nine was also very dissappointing... Haven't tried Dawnguard yet, since it's not out on the pc, but why they chose to do some shit about vampires instead of expanding on the original storyline, or the thalmor or the you know what of the Emperor etc baffles me.

---------- Post added 2012-07-07 at 01:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb View Post
    Eh, yes and no. Probably not from Bethesda, and probably not in the form of a massive big-budget super-triple-A title. But games like Witcher 2 and Dark Souls have definitely proven that there is a market for harder games in which you have to figure out more or less everything by yourself.
    Wouldn't call Witcher 2 hard really, I'd call the combat retarded though haha.

Loved Oblivion and loved Skyrim too, quit WoW for 2 weeks specifically for Skyrim ^^
    Didn't play Morrowind though since it wasn't on PS3 and didn't know about it back then, though I wouldn't go back to it even now because of it missing things which Skyrim and Oblivion contains.
    However, the Oblivion main quest was a lot better than the Skyrim main quest imo. The end of Skyrim completely lacked that which I wanted (as in a hard boss fight, not a regular dragon battle). My vote goes for Skyrim though it just contains things which I love which Oblivion did not (dual wielding etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't crazy about Morrowind, but I adored Oblivion and loved Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Runeweaver View Post
    Loved Oblivion and loved Skyrim too, quit WoW for 2 weeks specifically for Skyrim ^^
    Didn't play Morrowind though since it wasn't on PS3 and didn't know about it back then, though I wouldn't go back to it even now because of it missing things which Skyrim and Oblivion contains.
    However, the Oblivion main quest was a lot better than the Skyrim main quest imo. The end of Skyrim completely lacked that which I wanted (as in a hard boss fight, not a regular dragon battle). My vote goes for Skyrim though it just contains things which I love which Oblivion did not (dual wielding etc).
    More like Oblivion and Skyrim are missing things Morrowind contains.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razirm View Post
    Oblivion worth getting ahold of?
    I enjoyed it a lot, to say the least; same with Skyrim. The best about the Elder Scrolls games are that you can do whatever you want, skip the main storyline and still have a blast playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrEpiX View Post
    I enjoyed it a lot, to say the least; same with Skyrim. The best about the Elder Scrolls games are that you can do whatever you want, skip the main storyline and still have a blast playing it.
    Oblivion is unplayable unless you mod it with Oscuro's imo.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    More like Oblivion and Skyrim are missing things Morrowind contains.
    I can't really say that it missed anything because I never played it. I have heard Morrowind is good from friends (also it's pretty much the whole reason it ever got popular so I'm not doubting it for a second). So I'm not saying it's bad in anyway, if anything it is probably amazing

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Oblivion is unplayable unless you mod it with Oscuro's imo.
    whats that?

I've played all three games extensively. I can safely say at this point that I could go and puke all over the wall, stare at it and have a better time than I would playing Morrowind.

Oblivion felt more alive in terms of NPC substance and their dialogue. Skyrim is still a wonderful game, though. Skyrim for me.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Runeweaver View Post
    However dual-wielding seems pointless, it's not like you actually attack properly with them, you just switch between clicking left and right (or whatever on console)

---------- Post added 2012-07-07 at 01:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hanith View Post
    whats that?
    There are A LOT of mods for Morrowind, Obli and Skyrim, they do all sorts of things to improve/change the games. I'm *guessing* that Obscuro is a graphical mod, since a lot would (perhaps) find Oblivion dated when it comes to graphic these days.

EDIT: It isn't a graphical mod apparently, it's more along the lines of "Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul aims to make Oblivion a much more interesting, challenging, realistic, and dangerous place, and also offers great rewards for the daring adventurer regardless of your level.

You must be prepared to cast aside your previous notions about Cyrodiil. The world no longer revolves around you, the player. Do not expect to be able to beat every monster or NPC you meet. Previously familiar areas may now be much more dangerous and you will frequently be forced to retreat from enemies who are too powerful to beat until you are stronger. You will probably die a lot more often now. However, if you have the ingenuity, skill, and luck to survive the odds stacked against you then you will be justly rewarded for your bravery!" ... Though saying it's "unplayable" without it is just pure crap.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2012-07-07 at 01:32 AM.

Morrowind>Oblivion>Skyrim

All are great games, but if they re-release Morrowind with a better combat system and maybe updated graphics, I probably would never play anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    However dual-wielding seems pointless, it's not like you actually attack properly with them, you just switch between clicking left and right (or whatever on console)

---------- Post added 2012-07-07 at 01:29 AM ----------

There are A LOT of mods for Morrowind, Obli and Skyrim, they do all sorts of things to improve/change the games. I'm *guessing* that Obscuro is a graphical mod, since a lot would (perhaps) find Oblivion dated when it comes to graphic these days.
    OR BOTH AT THE SAME TIME :O

BTW I personally duel wield but I only usually attack with one weapon if I am not attacking at the same time :P

Deleted
    easily morrowind.

it was like the best rpg of its time and way bigger than everything oblivion/skyrim delivered.

it easily quadruples the amount of gear u could find. also getting the best sets like daedric was a real task and it had those realy awkward to get weapons like bluebrand. also u could make your own spells, there was no limit to enchantments on gear ect and it had levithations, i just had so much fun with this game, dont get me wrong i love skyrim but no single player rpg ever made came close to the akward charm morrowind had also no rpg i´ve ever played gave me freedom to build up my hero like morrowind did.
    Last edited by mmoc0cf378f5f4; 2012-07-07 at 01:36 AM.